Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: AT&T and Harman bring connected features to your existing car

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

AT&T and Harman bring connected features to your existing car

Looks like a Mobley replacement. Anyone have specs? Will it work on a Mobley plan?

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/24/...ed-car-dongle/
    - acadiel

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Should work with the current mobley plan, the real question is if you don't have a mobley connected car plan currently will you be able to start a new standalone $20 unlimited connected car plan.
    AT&T Unlimited Plus with Netgear DC112A
    $20 Mobley stand-alone hotspot for home internet

Unlimited ZTE Mobely Hotspot since 05/2016

Feedback Score
    https://www.att.com/devices/harman/spark.html

"HARMAN Spark: Mobile App req'd: iOS version 9.0 & higher and Android version 6.0 & higher. Data charges may apply to App download/usage. Eligibility: Requires eligible vehicle (compatible w/most 1996 & newer). New or existing AT&T postpaid wireless account req'd. Consumer and Individual/Corporate Responsibility Users only. Telematic Features: Provided by 3rd parties. Must accept terms/conditions in App. Some services may require add'l in-App payment. Location accuracy, availability and timeliness of 3rd party services not guaranteed. Hotspot: Connects up to 8 Wi-Fi capable devices. Geographic restrictions: Coverage & Service not avail. everywhere. Wi-Fi hotspot functionality not avail. outside of U.S., Canada & Mexico. Svc. in Canada & Mexico depends on avail. of unaffiliated carrier coverage. Some telematics features may be limited outside the U.S. or depending on make or model of vehicle. Device restrictions: For in-car use only. Telematics req'd. AT&T reserves right to terminate service if device is plugged into anything other than a vehicle. Video Streaming: Data Free TV not supported. Stream Saver not included.

Pricing, promotions & terms subject to change & may be modified or terminated at any time without notice."

Feedback Score
    The model number is Harman HSA-15UA-AA. Google it and you can find the user manual.
    Lots of info on FCC site including links to internal and external photos.

https://fccid.io/2AHPN-HSA-15UA-AA

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiel View Post
    Looks like a Mobley replacement. Anyone have specs? Will it work on a Mobley plan?

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/24/...ed-car-dongle/
    u beat me to it..just saw this, they say the plan is $10 is with a plan or $20 stand alone doesnt say how much data tho

https://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=21185

Feedback Score
    For IOT ATT is pushing for e-sims. Wonder if this has an external sim. I'm not willing to put money down on another craptacular hotspot, I'm fine with my 2 CC plans with sims in better devices. Wouldn't be surprised if someone comes up with a way to use a Raspberrypi to feed this thing fake obd2 data and use the divice in the home.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    More info:

http://about.att.com/newsroom/2018/a...ected_car.html

snip:
    HARMAN Spark1 is exclusively offered by AT&T* for $79.99. Rate plans start at just $5 per month for plans without Wi-Fi.2 Plans including Wi-Fi are offered as both standalone or as an addition to eligible Unlimited and Mobile Share plans. And, for a limited time, buy a Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ or Note9 smartphone and get a Spark for just $29.99.3

1Device for in-car use only. Eligible vehicle & rate plan required. Service not available everywhere. Some features provided by 3rd parties. Must download App. Other restrictions apply.

2HARMAN Spark Plan Promotion: Promotion ends 1/3/2019. Requires HARMAN spark device and mobile app.

3While supplies last. Ends 11/3/18. Req’s purchase & activation of HARMAN Spark & elig. smartphone. HARMAN Spark req’s elig. vehicle & new line of svc on elig. rate plan. Bill credit ($50) applied after 14 days

Feedback Score
    Says for in car only. The Mobley stand alone plan didn’t have that.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    the unlimited plan with be at least $55 then throttles at 10GB and also will be eSIM....thats the only way i can see them doing unlimited cuz they know they F up big time with the CC plan and this new plan will replace the old and then the old plan will be dead for sure!!..damn im glad i pick up mine last year on a 2 year contract

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    the unlimited plan with be at least $55 then throttles at 10GB and also will be eSIM....thats the only way i can see them doing unlimited cuz they know they F up big time with the CC plan and this new plan will replace the old and then the old plan will be dead for sure!!..damn im glad i pick up mine last year on a 2 year contract
    I don’t think the old plan will be dead but will be grandfathered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

AT&T and Harman bring connected features to your existing car

Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    If it’s gong to be similar to Verizon Hum it’s going to be like you said.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Device restrictions: For in-car use only. Telematics req'd. AT&T reserves right to terminate service if device is plugged into anything other than a vehicle. Video Streaming: Data Free TV not supported. Stream Saver not included.
    How strict they enforce this is what we will have to see.... Could be a case of just plugging into a car every 90 days or so and using the telematics periodically to satisfy the terms... Will be interesting to mess with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican-bum View Post
    How strict they enforce this is what we will have to see.... Could be a case of just plugging into a car every 90 days or so and using the telematics periodically to satisfy the terms... Will be interesting to mess with.
    Not if it’s an eSim like the VZW Hum and to the cars VIN.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Yea it’s not going to be a stand alone like the Mobley where you can remove the SIM and put it in another hotspot device plus the Spark is tied to a car VIN.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast