Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Times up! Samsung Galaxy Watch Review

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So I got the Galaxy Watch for Christmas (the 42mm non-LTE version), and there are a couple things I'd like to mention about it.

First, this is a really thick and heavy watch! (And I got the lighter 42mm version!) There may be some other smart watches this thick and heavy, but I'm coming from a dumb watch, so I am not used to this, and it is bothering me. I am not going to return it because I scratched the bezel a little bit by brushing up against a wall, but I am thinking of selling it on ebay because of this issue.

The second unfortunate surprise I had with it is that Bixby is nowhere near as good on the watch as it is on my Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. And I never use it on the phone because the phone also has Google Assistant, which is better. But Bixby on the phone is fine for answering most basic questions. But when I ask Bixby on the watch almost anything, the answer displayed on the screen is "Please check it on device". Pulling out my phone defeats the purpose of having a virtual assistant on my watch, but I go to my phone anyway and go to Bixby Home, and there is no record of the question or any answer to it to be found.

I will say that the UI and functionality of the watch are great, and the looks and performance of the watch are very good. The lack of a usable virtual assistant is not really a deal-killer for me, but the thickness and weight of the thing may be.

Feedback Score
    Aversion to weight, size, and thickness all depend on what you are used to. I wore a Casio Illuminator World Time Twin Sensor (just the name makes it sound big!) for several years prior to my 46mm Galaxy. They are almost exactly the same size and I don't notice a weight difference. I'm 72 years old, and a chunky 5'7" 185 lb.. You sound like you might be considerably svelter. I don't use Bixby until they make drastic improvements. Even on my phone, despite multiple repetitions of the phrase "trainer" on Bixby, for some reason it does not understand half of what I say. Hey Google and Alexa get it right 90% of the time. I will see what kind of Google or Alexa app becomes available for the watch.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So anyway, I'm getting used to the weight and thickness of this watch. They're not bothering me as much as they were at first, and I find by making the strap one notch tighter than I was wearing it before, the watch doesn't roll around on my wrist so much. I've decided to keep the watch. I really do like having weather, notifications, and music player controls on my wrist! I'm still having a little bit of an issue where one notch on the strap is too loose and the next notch is a little too tight, but I could always replace the strap if I want to. I do like the strap it comes with otherwise though.

But buyers should be aware that this is not a thin and light watch, and that's the biggest drawback of it as far as I'm concerned.

Feedback Score
    Hi, Can we listen to the music with? Because I have a samsung gear sport and it is not possible thanks.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox
    Last edited by bernard76; 01-13-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The device can play music stored on the phone. The speakers on the watch are not very loud and there is no headphone plug.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Awesome watch! Thank you for the detailed review.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2