Device(s)
    Huawei P20 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

So many promo plans...help!!

So I'm currently on Bell's $54 (BYOD) thunder bay promo plan (black market plan),

it includes 6GB share data per month (I share another one of these with my mom for a total of 12gb) and everything else (international text though).

But I've been going over on the share data so I have a $25 unlimited data plan with Freedom mobile. I don't want to continue this dual SIM situation though.

Sooo I'm sure you all know about the new promo plans:

$75 for 10GB (no overages)
    $75 for 15GB ($100/GB)

Both are non-share data and I consistently use about 12GB of data per month.

So you see the dilemma I'm stuck with? Which should I choose? Should I just stay with my current plan? Help please!

https://www.reddit.com/r/bell/commen...omo_planshelp/
    People fight too much on this forum. Can't we all just be friends?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by savbers View Post
    So I'm currently on Bell's $54 (BYOD) thunder bay promo plan (black market plan),

it includes 6GB share data per month (I share another one of these with my mom for a total of 12gb) and everything else (international text though).

But I've been going over on the share data so I have a $25 unlimited data plan with Freedom mobile. I don't want to continue this dual SIM situation though.

Sooo I'm sure you all know about the new promo plans:

$75 for 10GB (no overages)
    $75 for 15GB ($100/GB)

Both are non-share data and I consistently use about 12GB of data per month.

So you see the dilemma I'm stuck with? Which should I choose? Should I just stay with my current plan? Help please!

https://www.reddit.com/r/bell/commen...omo_planshelp/
    I would wait it out... 5G is going to come and all the data buckets are going to look pathetically small in Canada. They're already bad, but at 2,000 Mbps it's going to be a complete wtf moment.

Device(s)
    Huawei P20 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    I would wait it out... 5G is going to come and all the data buckets are going to look pathetically small in Canada. They're already bad, but at 2,000 Mbps it's going to be a complete wtf moment.
    Wouldn't having more data/unlimited data now be a good idea now then?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

So many promo plans...help!!

Bell (and Rogers) will throttle your speed after 10GB on their new $75 unlimited plans. Check what Bell’s throttled speed is. Rogers is 256kbps and Bell’s is probably the same. If you consistently use more than 10GB, then the new unlimited plan is not going to work for you unless your data usage is confined to email/text (any other type of data at an abysmally slow speed of 256k isn’t going to work very well/at all). The $75/15GB plan is probably better for you but check with Bell if that rate is only good for 2 years or if it continues for as long as you keep the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Huawei P20 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Bell (and Rogers) will throttle your speed after 10GB on their new $75 unlimited plans. Check what Bell’s throttled speed is. Rogers is 256kbps and Bell’s is probably the same. If you consistently use more than 10GB, then the new unlimited plan is not going to work for you unless your data usage is confined to email/text (any other type of data at an abysmally slow speed of 256k isn’t going to work very well/at all). The $75/15GB plan is probably better for you but check with Bell if that rate is only good for 2 years or if it continues for as long as you keep the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I have a second SIM with Freedom right now and 256kbps is better than $100/GB overages.

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1 / Apple iPhone X
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If their network is up to par for your needs, Rogers' unlimited plan IS shareable (or at least according to the plan details on their website for my region).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by savbers View Post
    I have a second SIM with Freedom right now and 256kbps is better than $100/GB overages.
    Canada's solution to data demand ... Dialup speeds

From the Dialup Wikipedia page: For instance, a 53.3 kbit/s connection with V.44 can transmit up to 53.3 × 6 = 320 kbit/s if the offered data stream can be compressed that much.

Oh wait Canadian plans ARE SLOWER THAN DIALUP

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1 / Apple iPhone X
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    As of today, Telus has launched their counter-offer. Not shareable, 512Kbps throttled for 'overage', includes tethering up to the 'high speed' limit. https://www.telus.com/en/deals-and-b...pe=hero_banner

Guess the government's harder look at the sector has got the Bigs spooked - giving in a bit so they aren't forced to give in a LOT.