Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Activating iPhone Xs eSim on Bell

Device(s)
    iPhone 5/ Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I will check into this today and see if the work around is still viable.

Are the two of you corporate epp customers or consumer? I’ll update my post later today to give you an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=K a z e;17044607]I will check into this today and see if the work around is still viable.

Are the two of you corporate epp customers or consumer? I’ll update my post later today to give you an answer.

The bill comes in my personal name but I believe years ago it could have been a corporate account. Is it possible to PM me? Perhaps you can check?

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K a z e View Post
    I will check into this today and see if the work around is still viable.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I had an opportunity to find a great agent in a Calgary store who spent almost 30 minutes with me trying different things. We followed the instructions to the dot, and he went over the instructions at least 5 times...he couldn't get the "Get Sim" box to show up no matter what he did. He tried the hardware upgrade page, the swim swap page, etc...he also tried closing his browser and starting over. As a last resort, he went into another screen that he says he rarely uses (it's called Fast something)..he went in the hardware change screen there too, but couldn't get the "get sim" button to appear....also, in the instructions, it says there are four boxes next to enable LTE...at the store, no matter what we were doing, there were only two...one for the EID number and one for the IMEI...there wasn't anything else in that section of the screen. Any help would be appreciated! The agent is willing to try again and he said if I have more info, he'd love to try to help me out, because he feels he can then help others...great agent!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5/ Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hkalltheway View Post
    I had an opportunity to find a great agent in a Calgary store who spent almost 30 minutes with me trying different things. We followed the instructions to the dot, and he went over the instructions at least 5 times...he couldn't get the "Get Sim" box to show up no matter what he did. He tried the hardware upgrade page, the swim swap page, etc...he also tried closing his browser and starting over. As a last resort, he went into another screen that he says he rarely uses (it's called Fast something)..he went in the hardware change screen there too, but couldn't get the "get sim" button to appear....also, in the instructions, it says there are four boxes next to enable LTE...at the store, no matter what we were doing, there were only two...one for the EID number and one for the IMEI...there wasn't anything else in that section of the screen. Any help would be appreciated! The agent is willing to try again and he said if I have more info, he'd love to try to help me out, because he feels he can then help others...great agent!!
    I had someone try it today and they mentioned that the Get Sim wasn’t populating from them. I am looking into it. I’m not sure if the workaround was fixed or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    I had someone try it today and they mentioned that the Get Sim wasn’t populating from them. I am looking into it. I’m not sure if the workaround was fixed or not.

Thanks! Will you be looking into it today? Do you work for Bell or have access to their system? Will you be trying yourself, or just rely on word of mouth from other agents? Thanks a bunch!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5/ Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! Will you be looking into it today? Do you work for Bell or have access to their system? Will you be trying yourself, or just rely on word of mouth from other agents? Thanks a bunch!!
    Hang tight. It seems we may have found another work around, I am waiting to hear back from a member here to see if he wants to move ahead with the process and will update afterwards.

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Hang tight. It seems we may have found another work around, I am waiting to hear back from a member here to see if he wants to move ahead with the process and will update afterwards.

Awesome! If he doesn't get back, I'd love to be the guinea pig!! haha. Also, this brings me to another thought...the fact that they got rid of that workaround...could it be that they intentionally don't want existing lines on dual sim so they can get new activations? Could this all be intentional?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5/ Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

Activating iPhone Xs eSim on Bell

-Removed double post
    Last edited by K a z e; 12-20-2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Double Post

Device(s)
    iPhone 5/ Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Awesome! If he doesn't get back, I'd love to be the guinea pig!! haha. Also, this brings me to another thought...the fact that they got rid of that workaround...could it be that they intentionally don't want existing lines on dual sim so they can get new activations? Could this all be intentional?
    I spoke to someone about the previous workaround today and it is indeed no longer working. The policy strictly states for new activations only. With eSim working on Rogers I am certain they will open it up to existing. I wouldn’t put it past Bell to hold off for existing to try and cash in on more BYOD activations before year-end. Send me a PM and perhaps we can get around to yours as well.

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    I spoke to someone about the previous workaround today and it is indeed no longer working. The policy strictly states for new activations only. With eSim working on Rogers I am certain they will open it up to existing. I wouldn’t put it past Bell to hold off for existing to try and cash in on more BYOD activations before year-end. Send me a PM and perhaps we can get around to yours as well.

Just sent the PM

Sent from my SM-N960F using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 5/ Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Just sent the PM

Sent from my SM-N960F using HoFo mobile app
    Awesome. Just waiting for a confirmation from the previous member to ensure it worked right now.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, OnePlus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    If you get it working, please add me to your list

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, OnePlus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I was also told that Bell expects to have the ability to transfer numbers to an E sim officially available in Jan 2019 - anyone know how true that is? Seems like every time I talk to someone at Bell I get a different story, so not sure what to believe...

Device(s)
    iPhone 5/ Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Alright guys. Just got confirmation that the new workaround is working. I will reply to the PMs people have sent me with the work around. Feel free to send me a PM.

Feedback Score
    Alright guys. Just got confirmation that the new workaround is working. I will reply to the PMs people have sent me with the work around. Feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you K A Z E!!

I now have an iPhone XS with an esim and no physical nano sim installed! Highly recommend! Working great so far!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast