Thread: Manual carrier selection iOS 12 no longer available

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score

Manual carrier selection iOS 12 no longer available

Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    The problems are likely with the network and not with the carrier file on the phone. One thing I’ve noticed on my end (with my wife’s Rogers phone) over the last few weeks (even before the latest carrier update) is that she switches to 3G a lot more and it takes her phone much longer to regain an LTE signal.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I’ve noticed that my iPhone 8 does the same thing! Very low LTE signal then switches to 3G and stays for a while. Not sure if it’s a weak cell signal or just iPhones in general. I’m with Rogers btw.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    On my end, I’ve noticed this new behaviour (switching to 3G and remaining on 3G longer than before) particularly in areas where Rogers has upgraded sites (i.e. new Ericsson equipment). Not sure if that has something to do with it.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I spoke with Rogers technical department and they are aware of the issue and are "claiming" that it was the fault of Apple that this feature was "accidentally" removed with the latest carrier update and that Rogers is awaiting an update to return this feature back to iOS.

Believe what you shall, I am still skeptical.

I also am having dropped calls with LTE enabled voice calls so I have turned off that feature and use 3G for the time being.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeB View Post
    I spoke with Rogers technical department and they are aware of the issue and are "claiming" that it was the fault of Apple that this feature was "accidentally" removed with the latest carrier update and that Rogers is awaiting an update to return this feature back to iOS.

Believe what you shall, I am still skeptical.

I also am having dropped calls with LTE enabled voice calls so I have turned off that feature and use 3G for the time being.
    They told me the same thing when I called but I'm pretty skeptical as well. When did you notice you were having issues with LTE voice calls dropping? Luckily I haven't had any issues with that....yet...

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm sceptical too with that explanation. I did have the option when I was roaming in the USA (NYC). It was gone when I reconnected to Rogers at the airport.

Haven't noticed any LTE issues, but I'm not a big voice user and use Wi-Fi calling when I can.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Manual carrier selection iOS 12 no longer available

Quote Originally Posted by p5ku View Post
    I'm sceptical too with that explanation. I did have the option when I was roaming in the USA (NYC). It was gone when I reconnected to Rogers at the airport.

Haven't noticed any LTE issues, but I'm not a big voice user and use Wi-Fi calling when I can.
    Yeah I noticed that the option to manually select comes back when you lose both Rogers service and EXT (so basically in an extremely rural area with no cell service in general). Of course then there’s no networks to select anyways so this ends up being pointless and as soon as I get a bar of EXT again or Rogers the manual selection option disappears again. So frustrating!

When you were in the US did you have no choice but to roam once you turned your phone on? Since you weren’t able to force select Rogers I’m assuming before you crossed the border? This is what would annoy me - being forced to pay roaming charges just because you turn your phone on in another country. I guess airplane mode could be a solution to this but still not the point...

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Since it was a business trip there was no need to avoid roaming. But if I had wanted to avoid it, I would've left the phone in airplane mode after landing. But certainly, if you're in a border town, it's nice to be able to force Rogers only to avoid accidental roaming.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p5ku View Post
    Since it was a business trip there was no need to avoid roaming. But if I had wanted to avoid it, I would've left the phone in airplane mode after landing. But certainly, if you're in a border town, it's nice to be able to force Rogers only to avoid accidental roaming.
    Very true! Out of curiosity what roaming partners does Rogers use for the states? Just AT&T and T-Mobile maybe? Or can they roam on Sprint and Verizon LTE as well?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    AT&T and T-Mobile with AT&T getting the higher priority.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newfoundlander1 View Post
    When did you notice you were having issues with LTE voice calls dropping? Luckily I haven't had any issues with that....yet...
    Immediately after the carrier update. I am getting call failed errors during LTE calls that seem to not being handed-off properly while in motion. Switched LTE only for data and the voice calls are working fine now.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    I updated to 34.1 and still no option for manual network selection in Canada

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crab9000 View Post
    I updated to 34.1 and still no option for manual network selection in Canada
    Damn. I’m in the process of downloading the iOS update now so was really hoping a new carrier settings update would fix. Wonder what the hold up is.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No option on mine either after 34.1

Feedback Score
    iOS 12.1.1 beta 2 readded that menu. I’d post a screenshot but apparently I don’t have the post count yet . I’m more of a lurker but I try to post when I have something helpful.

Feedback Score
    Apparently now I can post a screenshot. I’m on Fido but I have the same menu on my Rogers device.
    Last edited by Macuser1p; 11-08-2018 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Adding screenshot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast