Thread: Wifi Calling

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Wifi Calling

I was wanting to know if anyone here has recently been able to get Wifi calling and VoLTE on Straight Talk ATT? Is there a trick to it?? Several months ago it randomly started working on both mine and my boyfriend's phones. He has an iphone x sim free model and I have an iphone 7 unlocked from Verizon. We made the mistake of switching over to the Verizon side for a while, and I say mistake because when we switched back over to ATT neither of us could get the features to work again.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It is something that AT&T does not want the prepaid and MVNO to have from what I understand. It is very hard to get WiFi calling and VoLTE on AT&T because they want the user to pay more for those options.

Feedback Score
    Cricket wireless has wifi calling.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    It just worked with my brother in law's account when we enabled it on the phone before the current trip. So he could text friends back in the states when in the hotel room.

Due to this, I'm tempted to switch to ST from ATT Prepaid to get the VoLTE support. But it depends on ATT. If they finally figure out that I no longer qualify for the $15+ discount I'm still getting on my DirecTV Now (was tied to my ATT Postpaid unlimited plan before I switched several months ago) I can go. Right now, I'm appreciating the discount.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Cricket wireless has wifi calling.
    On a select few phones. AT&T needs to take page out of T-mobile playbook and make VoLTE and WIFI calling available on all phones they sell and BYOD devices that support it.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    On a select few phones. AT&T needs to take page out of T-mobile playbook and make VoLTE and WIFI calling available on all phones they sell and BYOD devices that support it.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app
    I think the issue is their patched together OLAM system for their branded pre paid which is managed/designed by Ericsson would need a total rewrite or moved onto AT&T Postpaid OLAM system. Considering that it will be a cold day in hell before AT&T releases that for their prepaid due to the needed changes to be made in the backend OLAM system. My best suggestion if you need VOLTE and Wi-Fi calling I would check out Metro by T Mobile which has those features.

Feedback Score
    I have the same issue as the OP. I originally had a ST ATT SIM that had VoLTE and WiFi calling working. A few months back, these features randomly started working when they didn't before. I decided to switch over to ST Verizon over the weekend to test out the service but didn't like it, so decided to switch back to ST ATT on a new SIM. After switching back, VoLTE and WiFi calling are no longer working.

I'm hoping that these features will randomly start working again, but it's been a few days and no luck. Anyone know the trick to activate VoLTE and WiFi calling on a ST ATT SIM? I'm using an iPhone 7 Verizon unlocked phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VD408 View Post
    I have the same issue as the OP. I originally had a ST ATT SIM that had VoLTE and WiFi calling working. A few months back, these features randomly started working when they didn't before. I decided to switch over to ST Verizon over the weekend to test out the service but didn't like it, so decided to switch back to ST ATT on a new SIM. After switching back, VoLTE and WiFi calling are no longer working.

I'm hoping that these features will randomly start working again, but it's been a few days and no luck. Anyone know the trick to activate VoLTE and WiFi calling on a ST ATT SIM? I'm using an iPhone 7 Verizon unlocked phone.
    Most of AT&T based activations will not VoLTE or WiFi Calling. Once in a while it will get them, but it is hard to know what ones will get those options. AT&T is saving those options for postpaid users mainly.

Feedback Score
    I’m seeking by the same thing I switched out to Verizon for a few months came back to att and WiFi no longer works and support gives you a balonry statement that only works on T-Mobile I know three others that have this working

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tsc View Post
    I’m seeking by the same thing I switched out to Verizon for a few months came back to att and WiFi no longer works and support gives you a balonry statement that only works on T-Mobile I know three others that have this working
    Did you read my old posts? Like I said, most of AT&T based activations will not WiFi Calling. Once in a while with the older activations, the phone might have got WiFi Calling, but it is hard to know now because AT&T likes saving WiFi Calling for postpaid users only mainly.

T-Mobile based SIMs are the only ones that will get WiFi Calling for sure.