Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast

Thread: 5G Ultra Wideband Speed Test Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4434 View Post

5GUW test in Kennesaw, Georgia (Barrett Parkway) with an iPhone 14 Pro Max on the 5G Get More plan. Although Verizon has had c band deployed here for a while, itís doing nothing to fix the data problems in the area because their macro tower density is awful and they have zero small cells here. This test was taken outside, but as soon as you step foot in any building the signal drops to 1 bar of completely unusable LTE. AT&T on the other hand, has installed small cells around every half mile in this area. Iíve counted 13 AT&T small cells in about a two mile radius on top of AT&T having more macro sites. Verizonís network was already stretched too thin with low band LTE and itís never going to improve with c band until they heavily densify.
    The iPhone modem gets stuck on UW even when itís not connected to C band. Either thatís awful backhaul or youíre on licensed LTE. If itís that bad , I would switch carriers anyway.

Device(s)
    S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Nice! I'm surprised to see them lighting it up in Fort Wayne, but it'll probably complement the mmWave sites all over town. Is that along 469 (didn't want to put you on the spot for the specific location)? I'll have to keep an eye out next time I'm up there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think AT&T has done much other than n5 in that area yet.
    This specific tower is in Grabill, slightly northeast of Fort Wayne, but they have several sites live along 469 now too. One of them is running a 60Mhz channel for some reason, but it does have microwave backhaul so maybe they are waiting to get that upgraded.

If Verizon keeps turning on the upgraded sites, they will soon catch Tmobile as speed champ in Fort Wayne just because of small cell density.

AT&T has been on the move upgrading old B12-only or 2/12 only towers so that is good, and n5 performs well with their macro density, but downtown needs a lot of help.

Device(s)
    S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    That's not a CBRS radio. You actually think they were be that much of difference in size between CBRS and n77 they are right next to each other. And you can see on the other sector to the right you see other similarly sized box facing "backwards"
    It is indeed an Ericsson 4408 radio for CBRS, but they broadcast it via one of the dual JMA antennas. I get three 20Mhz channels of B48 from that tower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zspa710 View Post
    It is indeed an Ericsson 4408 radio for CBRS, but they broadcast it via one of the dual JMA antennas. I get three 20Mhz channels of B48 from that tower.

well that's just odd then

Device(s)
    Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Sitting in my backyard approximately 1 mile from the cell site in Henry County Georgia

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Site in Marietta, GA with recently turned on c band.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know exactly where all Verizon has C-Band cleared? Driving through Montgomery Alabama I had 5GUW with speeds of around 600 down. iPhone field test said 100 MHz of band 77. I was driving in traffic and couldnít get Speedtests and screenshots. I know Atlanta where I live now was part of early clearing. Just canít find anything anywhere about how widespread Verizon has C-Band available to launch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobilenatl View Post
    Does anyone know exactly where all Verizon has C-Band cleared? Driving through Montgomery Alabama I had 5GUW with speeds of around 600 down. iPhone field test said 100 MHz of band 77. I was driving in traffic and couldnít get Speedtests and screenshots. I know Atlanta where I live now was part of early clearing. Just canít find anything anywhere about how widespread Verizon has C-Band available to launch.

Actually Atlanta was not one of the first 46 PEAs to be cleared early. They got permission earlier this year for additional PEAs with Atlanta being one of them

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Actually Atlanta was not one of the first 46 PEAs to be cleared early. They got permission earlier this year for additional PEAs with Atlanta being one of them
    Yeah thatís what I meant. I know the original 46. I know Atlanta come later along with several other markets. Iím just trying to piece together where all it is actually cleared. Montgomery has C-Band live. Verizon also shows these two weird patches of UW in south rural Alabama on their maps. Just curious if anyone knows what all is available for use. Name:  IMG_3920.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  48.0 KB

Device(s)
    S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobilenatl View Post
    Yeah that’s what I meant. I know the original 46. I know Atlanta come later along with several other markets. I’m just trying to piece together where all it is actually cleared. Montgomery has C-Band live. Verizon also shows these two weird patches of UW in south rural Alabama on their maps. Just curious if anyone knows what all is available for use. Name:  IMG_3920.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  48.0 KB

For now, areas outside the original 46 PEAs have gotten 100Mhz. All Samsung equipment markets are limited to 60Mhz for now from what I've heard.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini, iPad Pro 11" M2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (Red Pocket), T-Mobile (Mint Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Yes. The original early-clearing PEAs are only able to go to 60 MHz right now because the contiguous 40 MHz above it is currently, temporarily used by AT&T for C-band until the remaining spectrum clears. Even if more of that spectrum clears early, Verizon will have to wait for AT&T to move to their permanently licensed space to use that additional spectrum.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    Yes. The original early-clearing PEAs are only able to go to 60 MHz right now because the contiguous 40 MHz above it is currently, temporarily used by AT&T for C-band until the remaining spectrum clears. Even if more of that spectrum clears early, Verizon will have to wait for AT&T to move to their permanently licensed space to use that additional spectrum.
    Which shouldnít take long, given that AT&T has to move higher in the band anyway to use the rest of their vanilla n77.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post

att has no access to the lower 100 MHz of any PEAs outside of the original 46 PEAs. If Verizon were to say get the top 150 PEAs cleared by June 1st, Verizon would have access to at least 100 MHz in all those PEAs. att wouldn't be an issue

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Which shouldn’t take long, given that AT&T has to move higher in the band anyway to use the rest of their vanilla n77.
    Agreed they have less than a year and in any market in the top 46 that they don't plan on launching c-band before then they should have no issue allowing Verizon to use all 100 MHz

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini, iPad Pro 11" M2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (Red Pocket), T-Mobile (Mint Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    att has no access to the lower 100 MHz of any PEAs outside of the original 46 PEAs. If Verizon were to say get the top 150 PEAs cleared by June 1st, Verizon would have access to at least 100 MHz in all those PEAs. att wouldn't be an issue
    Right. So in those 46 PEAs where AT&T is temporarily operating in C-band A4 and A5, they will need to vacate that spectrum before Verizon can expand their C-band carrier to cover A1-5. Thatís all Iím saying.

Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast