Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 884

Thread: 5G Ultra Wideband Speed Test Thread

  1. #826
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,768
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4434 View Post


    5GUW test in Kennesaw, Georgia (Barrett Parkway) with an iPhone 14 Pro Max on the 5G Get More plan. Although Verizon has had c band deployed here for a while, itís doing nothing to fix the data problems in the area because their macro tower density is awful and they have zero small cells here. This test was taken outside, but as soon as you step foot in any building the signal drops to 1 bar of completely unusable LTE. AT&T on the other hand, has installed small cells around every half mile in this area. Iíve counted 13 AT&T small cells in about a two mile radius on top of AT&T having more macro sites. Verizonís network was already stretched too thin with low band LTE and itís never going to improve with c band until they heavily densify.
    The iPhone modem gets stuck on UW even when itís not connected to C band. Either thatís awful backhaul or youíre on licensed LTE. If itís that bad , I would switch carriers anyway.

  2. #827
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    78
    Device(s)
    S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Nice! I'm surprised to see them lighting it up in Fort Wayne, but it'll probably complement the mmWave sites all over town. Is that along 469 (didn't want to put you on the spot for the specific location)? I'll have to keep an eye out next time I'm up there.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think AT&T has done much other than n5 in that area yet.
    This specific tower is in Grabill, slightly northeast of Fort Wayne, but they have several sites live along 469 now too. One of them is running a 60Mhz channel for some reason, but it does have microwave backhaul so maybe they are waiting to get that upgraded.

    If Verizon keeps turning on the upgraded sites, they will soon catch Tmobile as speed champ in Fort Wayne just because of small cell density.

    AT&T has been on the move upgrading old B12-only or 2/12 only towers so that is good, and n5 performs well with their macro density, but downtown needs a lot of help.

  3. #828
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    78
    Device(s)
    S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    That's not a CBRS radio. You actually think they were be that much of difference in size between CBRS and n77 they are right next to each other. And you can see on the other sector to the right you see other similarly sized box facing "backwards"
    It is indeed an Ericsson 4408 radio for CBRS, but they broadcast it via one of the dual JMA antennas. I get three 20Mhz channels of B48 from that tower.

  4. #829
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,862
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zspa710 View Post
    It is indeed an Ericsson 4408 radio for CBRS, but they broadcast it via one of the dual JMA antennas. I get three 20Mhz channels of B48 from that tower.

    well that's just odd then

  5. #830
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    600
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0


    Sitting in my backyard approximately 1 mile from the cell site in Henry County Georgia


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  6. #831
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    376
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0


    Site in Marietta, GA with recently turned on c band.

  7. #832
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    600
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does anyone know exactly where all Verizon has C-Band cleared? Driving through Montgomery Alabama I had 5GUW with speeds of around 600 down. iPhone field test said 100 MHz of band 77. I was driving in traffic and couldnít get Speedtests and screenshots. I know Atlanta where I live now was part of early clearing. Just canít find anything anywhere about how widespread Verizon has C-Band available to launch.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  8. #833
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,862
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobilenatl View Post
    Does anyone know exactly where all Verizon has C-Band cleared? Driving through Montgomery Alabama I had 5GUW with speeds of around 600 down. iPhone field test said 100 MHz of band 77. I was driving in traffic and couldnít get Speedtests and screenshots. I know Atlanta where I live now was part of early clearing. Just canít find anything anywhere about how widespread Verizon has C-Band available to launch.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Actually Atlanta was not one of the first 46 PEAs to be cleared early. They got permission earlier this year for additional PEAs with Atlanta being one of them

  9. #834
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    600
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Actually Atlanta was not one of the first 46 PEAs to be cleared early. They got permission earlier this year for additional PEAs with Atlanta being one of them
    Yeah thatís what I meant. I know the original 46. I know Atlanta come later along with several other markets. Iím just trying to piece together where all it is actually cleared. Montgomery has C-Band live. Verizon also shows these two weird patches of UW in south rural Alabama on their maps. Just curious if anyone knows what all is available for use. Name:  IMG_3920.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  48.0 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  10. #835
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    78
    Device(s)
    S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobilenatl View Post
    Yeah that’s what I meant. I know the original 46. I know Atlanta come later along with several other markets. I’m just trying to piece together where all it is actually cleared. Montgomery has C-Band live. Verizon also shows these two weird patches of UW in south rural Alabama on their maps. Just curious if anyone knows what all is available for use. Name:  IMG_3920.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  48.0 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    For now, areas outside the original 46 PEAs have gotten 100Mhz. All Samsung equipment markets are limited to 60Mhz for now from what I've heard.

  11. #836
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    5,393
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini, iPad Pro 11" M2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (Red Pocket), T-Mobile (Mint Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes. The original early-clearing PEAs are only able to go to 60 MHz right now because the contiguous 40 MHz above it is currently, temporarily used by AT&T for C-band until the remaining spectrum clears. Even if more of that spectrum clears early, Verizon will have to wait for AT&T to move to their permanently licensed space to use that additional spectrum.


  12. #837
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,796
    Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    Yes. The original early-clearing PEAs are only able to go to 60 MHz right now because the contiguous 40 MHz above it is currently, temporarily used by AT&T for C-band until the remaining spectrum clears. Even if more of that spectrum clears early, Verizon will have to wait for AT&T to move to their permanently licensed space to use that additional spectrum.
    Which shouldnít take long, given that AT&T has to move higher in the band anyway to use the rest of their vanilla n77.

  13. #838
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,862
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    Yes. The original early-clearing PEAs are only able to go to 60 MHz right now because the contiguous 40 MHz above it is currently, temporarily used by AT&T for C-band until the remaining spectrum clears. Even if more of that spectrum clears early, Verizon will have to wait for AT&T to move to their permanently licensed space to use that additional spectrum.

    att has no access to the lower 100 MHz of any PEAs outside of the original 46 PEAs. If Verizon were to say get the top 150 PEAs cleared by June 1st, Verizon would have access to at least 100 MHz in all those PEAs. att wouldn't be an issue

  14. #839
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,862
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Which shouldn’t take long, given that AT&T has to move higher in the band anyway to use the rest of their vanilla n77.
    Agreed they have less than a year and in any market in the top 46 that they don't plan on launching c-band before then they should have no issue allowing Verizon to use all 100 MHz

  15. #840
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    5,393
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini, iPad Pro 11" M2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (Red Pocket), T-Mobile (Mint Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    att has no access to the lower 100 MHz of any PEAs outside of the original 46 PEAs. If Verizon were to say get the top 150 PEAs cleared by June 1st, Verizon would have access to at least 100 MHz in all those PEAs. att wouldn't be an issue
    Right. So in those 46 PEAs where AT&T is temporarily operating in C-band A4 and A5, they will need to vacate that spectrum before Verizon can expand their C-band carrier to cover A1-5. Thatís all Iím saying.

Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aug/SEPT 3G Speed Test Thread
    By ROLLTIDE in forum AT&T
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 11:13 PM
  2. June ATT Speed Test thread
    By ROLLTIDE in forum AT&T
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 12:27 AM
  3. Alltel June speed test thread
    By ROLLTIDE in forum ALLTEL
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 10:00 AM
  4. Alltel Speed Test thread for May
    By ROLLTIDE in forum ALLTEL
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 07:22 PM

Bookmarks