Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Fixed home internet as Mobile? internet

Feedback Score

Verizon Fixed home internet as Mobile? internet

will the verizon fixed home setup allow for it to move around and take it with you, into town, etc

Feedback Score
    I doubt it. The first “mobile” 5G device was hideous. It was a Motorola phone with a battery/5G case the phone snapped into.

http://fortune.com/2018/08/02/first-...to-z3-verizon/

Until they can figure out power issues and shrink down the 5G chipset to something tiny and fit it into the phone, it will be several years before anyone rolls a phone with it on board.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahg View Post
    will the verizon fixed home setup allow for it to move around and take it with you, into town, etc
    it's called FIXED for a reason. Also not everywhere in your city will have 5G. Verizon clearly states even in the 4 cities where this is offers it's available in LIMITED areas.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahg View Post
    Nope. Definitely not a mobile setup.

The first iteration will be a proprietary setup where technicians will have to come to your home and install it just like your wired ISP.

I'm looking forward to newer generations of product that are mobile first with the option to remain in any fixed place you choose.

Verizon promises a free upgrade to the standards based version once the product is ready for release.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key 2, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway, Moto Z2 Force w/ Keyboard Mod
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrfyter View Post
    I doubt it. The first “mobile” 5G device was hideous. It was a Motorola phone with a battery/5G case the phone snapped into.

http://fortune.com/2018/08/02/first-...to-z3-verizon/

Until they can figure out power issues and shrink down the 5G chipset to something tiny and fit it into the phone, it will be several years before anyone rolls a phone with it on board.
    That's called a Moto Mod, and allows ALL phones in the Moto Z series to be upgraded with a 5G radio once it's available. It's rather ingenious. Too bad Motorola and their parent company Lenovo seem determined to make sure the modular smartphone concept is a failure for them.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Do you all think at some point Verizon will have a map showing where they have 5g coverage or will they try to hide where the have or don't have coverage ,I think they will try to hide my self.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Do you all think at some point Verizon will have a map showing where they have 5g coverage or will they try to hide where the have or don't have coverage ,I think they will try to hide my self.
    Oh goody conspiracy theories. Why would they do that? And if you want to know where they have 5G just look for a 5G antenna. they aren't hard to find if you have 5G access at your location

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I guess you could call it a conspiracy.Just a opinion! I don't know if the county or should I say the part of the county I live in will ever see 5G. I would just like to see if they just outright lie like T-Mobile does on Maryland's Eastern shore.

Feedback Score
    I guess you could call it a conspiracy.Just a opinion! I don't know if the county or should I say the part of the county I live in will ever see 5G. I would just like to see if they just outright lie like T-Mobile does on Maryland's Eastern shore.
    The boonies will see limited 5G at best. if you think Verizon is that shady why give then money each month? Also an incorrect map is not necessarily a lie. Also maps can not account for buildings/structures and foliage or indoor reception. Maps at best are a guess. if the weatherman on Monday says Saturday will be sunny then it rains. he didn't lie. it's that weather forecasts beyond 72 hours aren't that accurate.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For the most part all true

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As far as giving my money to Verizon they are my only choice.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a & 4xl; Moto X4 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    All the providers have fan boys and detractors, all providers have wishful coverage maps but all it really comes down to is location. What works for me might not work for you. In the end, there are MVNO’s utilizing all the major networks so if a user doesn’t want to pay Big Red for their service, they can find economical substitutes to post paid plans of the big four. Take a look at Verizon Prepaid, PagePlus, Straight Talk, Puppy Wireless, or Boom just to name a few.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Feedback Score
    As far as giving my money to Verizon they are my only choice.
    I'm sure there are MVNOs that use Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have been with Verizon for over 20 year's have no plan's on leaving.

Feedback Score
    I have been with Verizon for over 20 year's have no plan's on leaving.
    Then you really don't have any right to complain about anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast