Thread: Selling: Verizon Grandfathered Unlimited Data on 3G modem, antenna, WiFi Router

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Cool Selling: Verizon Grandfathered Unlimited Data on 3G modem, antenna, WiFi Router

It may have been awhile since one like this has come up for sale, but I still have my grandfathered plan from when I was on Alltel. It's at least 11 years old. I am still using it heavily up until today when high-speed (wired) Internet finally became available at my home.

For those mobile RV folks out there, or rural customers, I have a rock-solid data plan for you. I generally use about 60 to 130 GB per month. I am sitting at 40 GB this month with 14 days left, just as an example. My Verizon account says that I have 99.59% data remaining, which is like saying that I could use >9 TB (Pretty sure you shouldn't test this idea!)

It's a grandfathered unlimited 3G data plan and account. I split off just this one line onto a separate account a year or 2 ago. In Verizon Wireless account screen, the plan is listed as "BSP UNLIMITED PLAN" and it says "Unlimited Data." You will need to go through the process of a "Assumption of Liability" and fill out a form or call in to Verizon to accept the transfer.

So just for completeness, this is for a data device and its plan. I currently use a Verizon USB760 "modem" for a few reasons. #1, they were cheap for many years, #2 they are supported by all operating systems up til now, I have an external antenna for it, and I was able to install it into a WiFi Router. So in this deal, you will get equipment ready to roll down the road or sit at home with bad signal, connect 100 Wifi devices, or connect to a home LAN.

This is not a SIM card to plug into a phone. It's strictly data. Since I am bundling this with a capable 802.11 g/n/ac router and an antenna, you are sort of getting the equivalent of a "MiFi" box plus some extra cellular signal range.

I have been a member of this forum since 2007. I am a long-time member and seller on that popular auction site. But I'd like to sell it here. And I have had a PayPal account for about 2 decades. This will be a smooth transaction.

I will go ahead and complete this long post, but I want to follow it up with some pictures, screenshots, and the all-important price. I am mulling around a few ideas, so bear with me a tiny bit while I get things organized.

Key point: It is really easy for this 3G (EVDO Rev.A) device to use up 100 GB per month of data. Especially sharing its connection on my home's WiFi. I have no idea how so many people use these "capped" plans that I have chuckled at for over 10 years. I know this is old hardware, but man, I have used this account enough to know that even if it's slow, it can really make up for it in usage with no fear of hitting a data wall. I recently had a speed problem, called Verizon, they fixed their tower, and I was back to full 3G speed. The rep lowered my bill for the month!

So when you take over this account, the monthly rate is listed as $79.99 per month, although it varies slightly from that, e.g. this month is $77.36. It's a post-pay, old school account, so the buyer will likely need a credit pull before approval.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Cool Pictures and proof

Here are some plan and account pictures.
    [hr][/hr]
    Name:  Unlimited-Plan-3G-edit.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  68.2 KB
    Name:  Unlimited-details.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  43.9 KB
    Name:  Data-Utilization-edit.jpg
Size:  59.9 KB

My account shows its data is unlimited.

I also have a router:
    Name:  traffic.png
Views: 261
Size:  32.2 KB
    Name:  traffic1.png
Views: 259
Size:  24.3 KB

And the data "modem" and its antenna.
    Name:  router@0,33x.jpg
Size:  44.2 KB
    Name:  antenna.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  37.4 KB

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I can't easily show you my USB760 modem. Why? A few years ago, I taped the antenna connector onto the modem so that if I were to ever bump into the device or it fell down, the antenna would stay connected. So it's wrapped in plastic, which is covered in duct tape. That ensures that the tiny antenna connector stays attached (it's very small and fragile). I haven't had any problems; this is just in case! In fact, when I used to travel with the USB760 for use directly in a laptop, I wanted peace of mind that I could stuff all of the antenna's 10 foot cord into my laptop bag. Saying all that, I did leave open the green LED so I can watch it connect and blink during use.

The connector for the antenna is essentially the same size and type seen on mini-PCI cards, like the ones inside laptops and some desktops.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone who sends a Private message ... empty your inbox, it is full!!