Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Data Only, No Throttling, Lowest Price?

Feedback Score

Data Only, No Throttling, Lowest Price?

I'm looking for a data only plan that offers 4G LTE with no throttling and offers the lowest price per gig on the market right now.

What do you recommend?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biologique View Post
    I'm looking for a data only plan that offers 4G LTE with no throttling and offers the lowest price per gig on the market right now.

What do you recommend?
    I suggest one of the FreedomPop paid plans. How much LTE per month do you need?

Feedback Score

Data Only, No Throttling, Lowest Price?

I was looking for the same thing recently. Tello seemed to have decent rates but I was unable to get their sim to work with my iPad. So I went to T-Mobile Simple Choice Prepaid data plans. They start at $10/2 GB, $25/6 GB, and up from there. If you have an iPad, supposedly AT&T has an unlimited plan for around $30. Those were the best deals I could find.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I suggest one of the FreedomPop paid plans. How much LTE per month do you need?
    Meaning no offense to you, Boz1, but I would not recommend FreedomPop to my worst enemy.

If you read the FP Forum (and this forum), the company has one of the worst (deserved) reputation among all MVNOs.

I don't have to read the forums. I was an early adopter who got burned more than once.

Good luck to the OP whatever provider or plan she or he chooses.
    A genius is one who shoots at something no one else can see, and hits it (author unknown).

--
    Liborio

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    The opinion about FP is widely varied, depending on expectations, the user's attention to detail, and the usage situation.

I have used FP since June, 2016, and as my primary cellular connection, data only, since March, 2017. I have had to adjust my usage a couple of times as FP has changed what they provide for free, and I finally purchased a FP AT&T LTE UT&T(VoIP)+1GB/mo LTE annual paid plan when it was on sale for $38 for a year of service, but FP has provided flawless service for my needs.

Apparently, especially with FP, YMMV.
    Last edited by Boz1; 09-07-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Freedom Pop has gotten better over the years. It's hard to find a deal as good as 5gb of LTE Data on AT&T for a little over or around 10$ a month.

Their service was a little poky when all they had to sell was Sprint Wimax.

Sent from my iRulu Geoking Max 3 G36 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The opinion about FP is widely varied, depending on expectations, the user's attention to detail, and the usage situation.

I have used FP since June, 2016, and as my primary cellular connection, data only, since March, 2017. I have had to adjust my usage a couple of times as FP has changed what they provide for free, and I finally purchased a FP AT&T LTE UT&T(VoIP)+1GB LTE paid plan when it was on sale for $38, but FP has provided flawless service for my needs.

Apparently, especially with FP, YMMV.
    As they say, each to his or her own.

Just out of curiosity, are you paying $38.00 per month or per year, or did you pay $38.00 for the phone?

I believe you have the right idea in getting away from traditional cellular service. I'm glad that FP works for you.

In 2016, I did something similar and ported my personal cell phone number that I've had since the eighties to a VoIP provider. Incoming calls ring on my home phone, if there is no answer, they ring on my business cell phone (T-Mobile reseller, but ends in November). I can make calls with the old number's Caller ID from home or from the business cell phone. My monthly DID cost is $0.25, $0.002/minute for incoming calls ($1.00 buys you 500 minutes) and $0.003/minute for outgoing calls ($1.00 buys you 333 minutes).

There is no way that I'll ever go back to paying Verizon Wireless $120.00/month for 700 minutes shared by two phones.
    Last edited by Liborio; 09-07-2018 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Signature.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    That $38 was for a year of service, or ~$3.19/mo. It is the FP AT&T LTE UT&T(VoIP)+1GB/mo $49.99/year plan that was on sale for $44.99 from Best Buy via eBay when there was a 15% off eBay coupon.

Feedback Score
    T-mobile prepaid has 2GB/Month DATA only plan for $10/month.
    I think you get lower speed in FP AT&T vs real AT&T. They are not prioritized.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by power_book View Post
    If it's due to prioritization, you MIGHT get lower speeds with FP. It depends on location and AT&T tower utilization, I would guess.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by power_book View Post
    I get the same speed on my FP AT&T free plans as I do on my AT&T postpaid hotspot and SWMBO does on her postpaid phone. Does FP have a lower priority? That is very difficult to prove. I tend not to be around congested cells at typical congestion times. It is definitely not noticeable to me. It just works and that is all that matters to me.

The other problems with FP service that some encounter at times are still an issue for the reliability and usability of the service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    . . .

The other problems with FP service that some encounter at times are still an issue for the reliability and usability of the service.
    Another problem is intentional or negligent unfair and deceptive trade practices.

I remember posting on this Forum that FP was footloose and fancy free with my money, zeroing out my substantial paid carryover data balance.

Ironically, I had the same thing happen trying to change numbers on TracFone a few months ago, except that not only data, but minutes and messages were wiped-out.

I did not write about it at the time, but my CC was hit for a refill or two when I still had data available.

FP didn't work for me, but I don't begrudge any one else who it worked or works for.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I believe with those yearly plans, you buy upfront and don't need to keep a credit card on file. The chance you need to take to save some bucks....

Sent from my SM-N910V using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    I believe with those yearly plans, you buy upfront and don't need to keep a credit card on file. The chance you need to take to save some bucks....

Thank you for the explanation, Fred.

I may be crazy, but not stupid. Having been burned a few times, I'll never go back to Georgia or FP.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Well the original poster did ask for lowest price... What I probably wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy is any plan on a Sprint Mvno. The throttled data is probably near useless along with spotty coverage outside major cities.

The major selling point about FP is that it's AT&T data, coverage and speed. Only thing that could beat that combo is a someone offering Verizon.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast