Thread: I'm confused

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I'm confused

The newer plan is cheaper than the older plan?

I have one phone on that plan and nothing else. I'm confused.

Is the older plan pricing including the device payment and the newer one not so that's why it's looking significantly cheaper? The phone is the iPhone X 256 from ATT.

Normally I'd have this figured out but this one is stumping me for some reason.

Both in app and on the website it shows the same thing. It suggests the newer plus enhanced plan because it's 'cheaper'.

Any ideas what I'm missing? Probably something stupid. I dunno.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Select it and sé if you can compare plans.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I'm confused

Delete this post

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Select it and sé if you can compare plans.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I thought the newer plans were more expensive so how is the older one more expensive? I'm confused.

And it's not by a little. It's by a lot which is more confusing.

I'm trying to attach the image but that's not working on the sites end.

Either way we're talking a significant price difference between plans for one phone so I'm not sure what's going on.

The newer plans have higher costs all around but the website is saying they are cheaper than the plans that were replaced. One of which I have. The Unlimited Plus.

None of this is making sense to me.

Feedback Score
    There are no "unlimited" plans, they are all capped at some value of data, and that might make the difference. Also, some can do streamingin HD, or have higher priority... all in the fine print.

Personally I would say, if you don't use at least 10GB of data / month and if you don't travel in weird rural areas that need roaming... look for a newer plan.
    I pay $95 for 4 cellphones with unlimited talk/text and 25GB shared data, with an MVNO on Verizon's network.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    I thought the newer plans were more expensive so how is the older one more expensive? I'm confused.

Either way we're talking a significant price difference between plans for one phone so I'm not sure what's going on.

The newer plans have higher costs all around but the website is saying they are cheaper than the plans that were replaced. One of which I have. The Unlimited Plus.

You have to look at the itemized bills to make a comparison. Totals alone do not tell you what is included in each total.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Personally I would say, if you don't use at least 10GB of data / month and if you don't travel in weird rural areas that need roaming... look for a newer plan.
    Unfortunately there are quite a few of those weird areas. I've been on three different AT&T roaming partners in the past few months, although to be fair, two of them were barely able to handle texts, and didn't have working data, so there's that. One of them was fine, and kept Faux G data moving.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Make sure if you switch to a newer plan that those have video throttling. Where as your Unlimited Plus plan does not.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Make sure if you switch to a newer plan that those have video throttling. Where as your Unlimited Plus plan does not.

What is meant by video throttling? You can turn off stream saver. The current best plan to get if you have one line is Unlimited Premium & more.
    Verizon LTE

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOBILE GSM View Post
    What is meant by video throttling? You can turn off stream saver. The current best plan to get if you have one line is Unlimited Premium & more.
    The new plans limit your video resolution. 480p I believe on the lower priced plan & More plan. 1080p on the next step up.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    There are no "unlimited" plans, they are all capped at some value of data, and that might make the difference. Also, some can do streamingin HD, or have higher priority... all in the fine print.
    They’re all unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post

The differences are how it’s priced after 1 device. The new plans are cheaper for a single line by far. The previous unlimited plans were a bigger charge up front, then you were charged 20 dollars for each line. So it’s 115 for unlimited plus, 20 for line 1 for a 135 total. But then it’s still 20 for each additional one. 4 lines? 195.

Ultimately, & More is still cheaper. 4 lines is 190 (1 is 80, 2 is +70, then +20 after) unless you take the 15 dollar add on for the tv service (which you could then get $10 off for turning on autopay and make it a wash).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk