Thread: Virgin Mobile retires Inner Circle

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S6, Moto E LTE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score

Virgin Mobile retires Inner Circle

It looks like Virgin has given up on their iPhone only Inner Circle plans. The website is again offering Android phones on the main URL with three plans:
    $35 5 GB
    $45 10 GB
    $60 Unlimited

Inner Circle's discontinuance is confirmed here: What information is available on retired plans? - Inner Circle. Current Inner Circle users are grandfathered.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow, I was not expecting that.
    Limited selection of Android phones compared to the past. But I'm good with the Moto E4 I got last year.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Feedback Score
    I think $35 5 GB (no free hotspot) is the same as before they went iphone only.

Virgin still charges extra for hotspot.

Between boost and virgin I would say boost is better if you want hotspot but virgin is better if you don't want hotspot.

I switched from virgin to boost to get hotspot so I will stay with boost.

Feedback Score
    The "geniuses" that came up with this idea will probably be the first to go if Sprint and Tmobile merger. lol

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike D. View Post
    The "geniuses" that came up with this idea will probably be the first to go if Sprint and Tmobile merger. lol
    Or the people who thought it was a great idea to pay for the Virgin name each year. Richard Banson is laughing all the way to the bank.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    They are now allowing bring your own Iphone. Go to phone's and it's at the very bottom.

Feedback Score
    "If I am on the Inner Circle Plan, can I switch to another plan?

No, customers on the Inner Circle plan cannot switch to another plan. "

Does anyone know why this is? I am currently on the $50 / month unlimited Iphone inner Circle. I would love to be on the $35 per month plan as I really dont use a ton of Data, but I want to keep my current Iphone. Seems silly that current Iphone customers cant switch when new Iphone customers will get their option of any of these plans.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stljason1 View Post
    "If I am on the Inner Circle Plan, can I switch to another plan?

No, customers on the Inner Circle plan cannot switch to another plan. "

Does anyone know why this is? I am currently on the $50 / month unlimited Iphone inner Circle. I would love to be on the $35 per month plan as I really dont use a ton of Data, but I want to keep my current Iphone. Seems silly that current Iphone customers cant switch when new Iphone customers will get their option of any of these plans.
    Not sure why they won't let you switch, but I have a suggestion: Call Customer service and ask if they'll let you. Maybe if you suggest that you'll port your number to a different service, they can find a way to change your plan for you.

Sent from my LG-H830 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    On the Virgin Mobile forum there are several cases where agents appear to have accommodated such requests. You might try sending a PM to an agent and see if you can arrange something if you wish to stay with Virgin Mobile.

Otherwise, you might consider porting to Tello which is also a Sprint MVNO and it is currently offering a one month free plan for new subscribers. The free month is unlimited talk and text and 1 GB of LTE.

Twigby, which is another Sprint MVNO is also offering discounted rates for new subscribers.

On either of these carriers (both of which have a very good reputation for customer service) you can use your existing iPhone and sim and port your number.

Then, if you wish, you could come back to Virgin Mobile and sign up for whatever plan fits yours needs if you wish.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    I assume it is because you got the 1 year for $1 a month deal so they want you to stay on the $50 plan because that was the original deal.