Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Koodo Out of Province Plans (QC $56 Plan as of Aug. 19, 2018)

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
    -Plan above is the next best thing for ppl like me that will never get the Public Mobile offers because we don't have a Public Mobile #
    If you can deal with non-LTE just activate Public line and wait for Black Friday offer
    $50 for 8GB includes North America calling (CAN/US) and no overages ($48 if you use autopay)

Plus you save that extra $6 per month compared to Koodo Quebec plan, and would get $25 off first bill if you activate online
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    If you can deal with non-LTE just activate Public line and wait for Black Friday offer
    $50 for 8GB includes North America calling (CAN/US) and no overages ($48 if you use autopay)

Plus you save that extra $6 per month compared to Koodo Quebec plan, and would get $25 off first bill if you activate online
    nah i don't want to sit on a plan and be paying it till something, (not sure when) will come along to be offered if at all to me. I won't have the need to be using it so it would just be sitting there with the site on the desk. QC plan is good enough for me, straight forward and it can be used it right away with 10g and unlimited everything. but thx bro

i already have a Public Mobile account i setup when you told me to go get one at walmart then hit that road block to get $40-8g, so now i'll just use it for porting then close it. not doing that anymore

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    got both my gf's koodo account and mine up and running on this QC plan now. also change the billing to a Quebec addy, i use my car dealership same for my xm-radio hack for free sat. I have a good relationship with them and they are ok with it

i'll keep my MB $48-5G plan for now then soon port it to PM then to my $56-10G QC, and either sell or close the MB plan. My gf's account i'll be porting from Fido as soon as i get her pin to do it, only thing left i need.

this is sweet now i we have 10g each and can stream spotify and not worry about going over data, same with using it for lyft driver app and uber driver app... no more worries.

Thx to all @ Howardforums for publishing these workarounds
    Last edited by Pir8pete; 09-10-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

i'll keep my MB $48-5G plan for now then soon port it to PM then to my $56-10G QC, and either sell or close the MB plan.
    As soon as you port it to PM, it will get closed automatically. So you can't sell it.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    As soon as you port it to PM, it will get closed automatically. So you can't sell it.
    I was thinking the same thing but was going to deal with it when the time came but since you mention it. How can I move the number out and keep it open?

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    got both my gf's koodo account and mine up and running on this QC plan now. also change the billing to a Quebec addy, i use my car dealership's lol same for my xm-radio hack for free sat. ;?
    Address fraud is one of the few things you can do that will get you booted from these plans

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was thinking the same thing but was going to deal with it when the time came but since you mention it. How can I move the number out and keep it open?
    It's not possible. Once the number is ported out, the line is automatically cancelled.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    It's not possible. Once the number is ported out, the line is automatically cancelled.
    oh well, i'll keep it for now, just for a few months then it's gone, same with the PM account

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys I noticed when I ported my gf's Ontario number in that the Quebec Municipal Tax of $0.46 was removed, I guess it's tied to the number not the plan. I remember it was added when I changed to a QC number.

On another note check this out;

Feedback Score
    For my son, I got this new QC $56 10 GB setup yesterday and also ported out his current number to prepaid a few hours ago, yet when I try porting in his number to the new plan, this is what i getName:  Screenshot_2018-09-16 Change Number Koodo Mobile Self Serve.png
Views: 465
Size:  5.1 KB
    Did I do something wrong?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone1209 View Post
    For my son, I got this new QC $56 10 GB setup yesterday and also ported out his current number to prepaid a few hours ago, yet when I try porting in his number to the new plan, this is what i getName:  Screenshot_2018-09-16 Change Number Koodo Mobile Self Serve.png
Views: 465
Size:  5.1 KB
    Did I do something wrong?
    that means everything went ok

Feedback Score
    that means everything went ok
    No, I could not port in his number from prepaid to this QC plan. I'll just keep trying and does anybody see something different with what I did?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1209 View Post
    No, I could not port in his number from prepaid to this QC plan. I'll just keep trying and does anybody see something different with what I did?
    I dunno then cuz thats the same msg I got when I ported from PM to both my koodo accounts and everything worked out just fine.

Feedback Score
    I dont know either. what's that got to do with the rate plan. but thanks. Worse scenario ,just have to call customer service.

Feedback Score
    So I did the change number to QC and a few days later my number was returned back to AB number. Any thoughts?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using HoFo mobile app

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast