Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile aggresively building out 600 Mhz

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Thanks Jet. I wondered too but was embarassed to ask....
    As you likely know, sometimes the carriers would swap their spectrum in markets with other carriers in order to get continuous blocks. Continuous blocks would then permit implementations of 20x20 or 15x15 of LTE producing higher capacity and speeds than having the blocks implemented separately.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile aggresively building out 600 Mhz

Quote Originally Posted by caddypower View Post
    Stop trying to troll
    I wasn’t trolling. Sorry reality escapes you.

post facts instead of opinions that you post
    I posted the amount of bandwidth Verizon holds in low band and T-Mobile holds in lowband and their respective consumer base sizes. Nothing about that was opinion. Completely fact. Sorry if it’s offensive.

You've chased off most of the good people that were once here
    Care to name a few? I don’t really post anything that isn’t true. I don’t like to argue unless I know I’m right...

Sent from my iPhone X using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Trols,fanboys,sham boys,idiots, whatever. On the off chance that someone, not as well versed in cellular subjects, might actually come to a forum to try to get something that even remotely accurate info about cellular carrier and not just an highly biased opinion, then true facts are very handy. There's nothing wrong with opinions, but representing a biased opinions as substantiated info is counter productive, imo.

I came to this forum to learn about Tm coverage, as I had done with other carriers and while opinions are interesting, fact based info is what most members are looking for.

Fanboys (I don't like that term) shouldn't get their feelings hurt, when someone points out that contradiction.
    That's why I say I always want to hear the good and bad of a carrier. If TMobile stinks in duluth and surrounding areas I would want Jake to tell me, if they suck on Maine I would look to Geoff, and carrier experience in chicago and Indiana I may look to see what Gus says, nj and NY maybe checker. and some others like Bentley in ok etc. For general TMobile info I could look to Jett,Danny, or shilo for that.

Even bad experiences can help others and there's lots to learn on the boards
    Last edited by themanhimself; 09-04-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Just wondering if anybody has a T-Mobile site/s in their area that's running both 600 and 700? Curious to see if the panel setup is like the configuration used on FirstNet with panels side by side almost touching. I didn't see anything different on a handful of sites in northern Michigan this past weekend. Looks like they have a bunch of 600 planned up there by the eoy.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This thread is about T-Mobile deployment of 600 MHz but has been thread jacked by a bunch of T-Mobile haters that are only on this board to destroy any real conversation about T-Mobile with childish name calling and insults. This thread has nothing to do with AT&T, Verizon or coverage.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ENOUGH

Stop this petty nonsense. Some of you have already earned bans as you have once again proven an inability to keep from getting personal with each other and hurling insults. Stop acting like 5 year olds with internet access, this isn't the YouTube comments section or an online video game.

If you want to go back to discussing the topic of this thread, have at it. Any other posts here will be moderated heavily, there's your warning.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    You ban the people that fight back not the usual trouble makers

Not a fair playing field
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Notabiot is a bigot. Causes all kinds of issues
    The playing field is perfectly fair...abide by the rules and stick around, or knowingly violate them and earn a vacation. Maybe you should read the rules once you get back from vacation, so you won't commit the same offense a 5th time, earning you an even longer vacation.

It's simple folks. If someone breaks the rules, report it and the staff will look into it. If you don't like what someone says, or disagree with them, that's perfectly fine...feel free to argue your points all you want. You are NOT allowed to make personal comments about each other, though. It really is straightforward.

Feedback Score
    Tmobile does seem pretty agrressive with the 600 builds

Can I access 600 with the proper phone even on the $3 prepaid plan?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Just wondering if anybody has a T-Mobile site/s in their area that's running both 600 and 700? .....
    For what it's worth, a quick check of CellMapper shows at least one site, in Caldwell, NJ, running both 600 and 700.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    For what it's worth, a quick check of CellMapper shows at least one site, in Caldwell, NJ, running both 600 and 700.
    Oh wow. I figured there would be a bunch of them by now. Appreciate the reply.....and anxious to see the continued 600 buildout.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Oh wow. I figured there would be a bunch of them by now. Appreciate the reply.....and anxious to see the continued 600 buildout.
    I didn't say that there isn't a bunch of them, just that I was quickly able to locate at least one. If it's possible in CellMapper to ask it to show all T-Mobile sites with both 600 and 700, I don't know how to do that. I just alternated between the two coverages and watched for where the Mk 1 eyeball saw overlap.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I didn't say that there isn't a bunch of them, just that I was quickly able to locate at least one. If it's possible in CellMapper to ask it to show all T-Mobile sites with both 600 and 700, I don't know how to do that. I just alternated between the two coverages and watched for where the Mk 1 eyeball saw overlap.
    Cellmapper has changed recently. There is now two Band options. The 1st Band filter and a second Band filter below. I tried to leave the top one as "All Bands" and the lower Band filters set to Band 12 and 71 with all other Bands unchecked. There is a trick that anytime you move the map the "Unknown Bands" get turned on again. Then when you click on a tower the left side shows the tower bands. It is now very tricky and like trying to find a needle in a haystack. That seems to work but anytime you touch the map it adds in "Unknown Bands" checks.

Lots of the issue are there are still few phones that support Band 71. Few people have been mapped areas with Cellmapper. Also, most of the Band 71 is in rural areas where Band 12 isn't owned by T-Mobile at this point in time.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    How far does 600Mhz travel? According to that link, they are building 1 tower appx every 25 miles in my state. Would that be enough to cover the area between each? What about the towns between those towers? Coverage and speed is pretty low now, in those areas, so I wonder how much of an improvement 1 tower every 25 miles will actually be speed-wise.
    Is that 25 miles in every direction, or just down highways. Jmo, I don't think they actually need to build towers, just hang antennas, as the current number seem to be adequate for other carriers..I know in my area, doing that would appear to be helpful as there are numerous weak/dead areas where att has service. Of course, all of this comes down to available capital to do this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Is that 25 miles in every direction, or just down highways. Jmo, I don't think they actually need to build towers, just hang antennas, as the current number seem to be adequate for other carriers..I know in my area, doing that would appear to be helpful as there are numerous weak/dead areas where att has service. Of course, all of this comes down to available capital to do this.
    looks like they just are placing them in a line 25 miles apart perpendicular to the interstate. I'll check cellmapper and see if these are existing towers.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast