Thread: Please recommend a bluetooth headset for an office setting.

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score

Please recommend a bluetooth headset for an office setting.

Here's what I need and I trust there is a bluetooth device out there that will suffice. We have 4 lines so it has to handle multiple calls, just as if my coworker were sitting at her desk. She will need to put callers on hold, transfer calls to another extension, send calls directly to voice mail, etc.

She will very possibly be 100-200 feet away from her phone which will be a Polycom VVX 601 which has bluetooth capability. The other potential problem is that she'll want to walk to other parts of the building and continue to be able to answer calls. How well does that bluetooth signal penetrate a brick wall?

Our phone vendor doesn't sell headsets, but he recommends a Plantronics although he didn't have a specific model number. I've never purchased or used a bluetooth headset before, so I don't really know where to begin.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried the Plantronics internet site for available devices ?

Don't forget that Bluetooth only has limited range. 100 foot might work, but not likely 200 foot will work.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Here's what I need and I trust there is a bluetooth device out there that will suffice. We have 4 lines so it has to handle multiple calls, just as if my coworker were sitting at her desk. She will need to put callers on hold, transfer calls to another extension, send calls directly to voice mail, etc.

She will very possibly be 100-200 feet away from her phone which will be a Polycom VVX 601 which has bluetooth capability. The other potential problem is that she'll want to walk to other parts of the building and continue to be able to answer calls. How well does that bluetooth signal penetrate a brick wall?

Our phone vendor doesn't sell headsets, but he recommends a Plantronics although he didn't have a specific model number. I've never purchased or used a bluetooth headset before, so I don't really know where to begin.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    The usual stated range of Bluetooth is 30 feet. You might get a bit further than that, but 200 feet seems unlikely. Bluetooth operates at 2.4 GHz. Through brick is going to attenuate that a lot.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I did an internet search and found a Bluetooth device that claims a max range of 160 feet but your other requirements will be difficult.

Sent from my SM-G935P using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Try a search for "Jabra Multipoint Bluetooth Headset". You might find some useful information/products that might help in your search. Good luck.

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll follow up.