Thread: Pat on the back for Rogers

Feedback Score

Pat on the back for Rogers

I had an interaction with Rogers Customer service this morning.

In the end my position was incorrect and throughout it all they were polite, courteous and they listened.

My experience with Rogers has been consistently very good over quite a few years.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I called in today for an issue with my ip camera when using LTE or HSPA. The rep was very polite and a pleasure to deal with. It's a dramatic difference dealing with Rogers compared to Bell, Bell has the most RUDE reps I have ever dealt with!

Feedback Score
    +1 for Fido reps too. They were able to give me a plan through the head officer as the manager/supervisor wasn’t able to apply the code. Also the twitter support is really fast too. Telus on the other hand for home internet sucks. Shaw was way way way better.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I concur. Rogers customer service has been very good lately. Telus response times have been going down the toilet. If I have to call in, it’s an average of 45 - 60 min of waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    This is TadMorose's cue to call anyone who had a positive experience a "paid shill"...

That aside I always had good support from Rogers. I didn't leave them over customer service, I left them for a Canada/US plan.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
    ... I didn't leave them over customer service, I left them for a Canada/US plan.
    Speaking of which, who does have decent Canada/US plans? My youngun' is just starting a job that's going to involve a lot of time back & forth to the US. He has a Samsung S8, which may or may not be dual-SIM (there's the hybrid slot for a second SIM, but doesn't *say* it's dual-SIM anywhere obvious). But he'd prefer something a bit more seamless (eg. one phone number).

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpsmicro View Post
    Speaking of which, who does have decent Canada/US plans? My youngun' is just starting a job that's going to involve a lot of time back & forth to the US. He has a Samsung S8, which may or may not be dual-SIM (there's the hybrid slot for a second SIM, but doesn't *say* it's dual-SIM anywhere obvious). But he'd prefer something a bit more seamless (eg. one phone number).
    Upon further investigation, it looks like Telus or Bell. Normally I ignore them as contenders, and was hoping there was a magical non-Bell alternative. :-)
    Since both have identical plans that'll suit, any particular reason to choose one over the other (no bundling options or anything)?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpsmicro View Post
    Upon further investigation, it looks like Telus or Bell. Normally I ignore them as contenders, and was hoping there was a magical non-Bell alternative. :-)
    Since both have identical plans that'll suit, any particular reason to choose one over the other (no bundling options or anything)?
    When I left Rogers I went to Telus but they had a lot of weird issues like WiFi Calling and VoLTE not working.

Used them for about 6 months then we switched to Bell. It's around $320/month for 4 lines all with the unlimited Canada/US calling and roaming with 38 gb of data. There's also one iPad SIM on there to share the data.

Note I am in Manitoba where the plans are generally cheaper than everywhere else.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Great to know, thanks. The youngun's starting a career as a long-haul trucker, with multiple trips to the US each week. Looks like the current Bell & Telus plans are identical. He gets a phone allowance which almost covers one I think will work (and way cheaper than going the Roam Like Home route).
    And surprisingly, doing the math on a plan that comes with the phone actually works out cheaper in the long run than buying the phone outright. That almost never happens.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Well if his employer covers the cost of his plan (assuming that’s what you meant when you said “phone allowance”), then yeah, go with a plan that includes a discounted or free phone. Won’t cost him much/anything

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, agreed. The company doesn't cover the whole cost, it's a fixed amount. But close enough. :-)

The only complication to sort out is disconnecting his Spotify account from Fido so we can port out. I'll sort that out.

Anybody know if this "+2Gig promo" is ending imminently? Looks like it's been around a while and would sweeten the deal.