Thread: All T-Mobile has to do is NOT be Verizon

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

All T-Mobile has to do is NOT be Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, I like T-Mobile and signed up with Mint for a time but I just got tired of being out of service when traveling. On my two cross country trips, I had Sprint coverage about 60% of the time and T-Mobile 35% of the time. US Cellular is a regional carrier so I only connected with them about 5%. My wife had Verizon coverage and dropped coverage far less than the three providers Project Fi uses. T-Mobile advertising hyperbole is legendary, only transcended by their coverage map. Yes, I know they are adding towers but if they added towers at a rate that matched their hype, they would have surpassed Verizon’s and AT&T’s GEOGRAPHICAL coverage a long time ago. I’m not a fanboy of any of the providers but that’s been my experience.
    I wouldn’t do a cross country drive with just T-mobile. Easy enough to pick up a prepaid SIM for that cross country drive. For many people it makes perfect sense to optimize for 95% of your time (what gives good performance where you typically are), and deal with the 5% as a special case.

Personally, I have seen a lot of issues with VZW data connectivity in Seattle, probably due to insufficient capacity.

Band 71 might have also helped (most Fi phones do not support it)
    Last edited by mch; 08-25-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Verizon is a dirtbag company that intentionally put people's lives and property in danger. Seems that few of the Verizon posters have tried to threadjack the subject of this thread to defend Verizon by attacking T-Mobile again.

""County Fire has experienced throttling by its ISP, Verizon," Santa Clara County Fire Chief Anthony Bowden wrote in a declaration. "This throttling has had a significant impact on our ability to provide emergency services. Verizon imposed these limitations despite being informed that throttling was actively impeding County Fire's ability to provide crisis-response and essential emergency services."" https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...alif-wildfire/
    I agree Verizon is the worst of the worst. I think the two best networks will be at&t and TMobile. Verizon seems to keep declining on all levels

Wouldn't even use verizon if they paid me after the way they treated the fire fighters

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I agree Verizon is the worst of the worst. I think the two best networks will be at&t and TMobile. Verizon seems to keep declining on all levels

Wouldn't even use verizon if they paid me after the way they treated the fire fighters
    They well may the worst, but can you provide something other than your opinion, or a comment on their billing?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    They well may the worst, but can you provide something other than your opinion, or a comment on their billing?
    Yeah muffled calls, missed calls, slow data, data that times out, and arrogant customer service. Not worth the money

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't stress too much. Everyone here knows plane is a fanboy that instigates stuff
    Well, sorry, this reply was double posted, as my Tm device within a mile or so, in the middle of town, when from 4 bars to no coverage and back. Happens numerous times a day to some extent.
    Last edited by plane; 08-25-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't stress too much. Everyone here knows plane is a fanboy that instigates stuff
    Well, Wilbur, fan boy for whom. Like many members I have multiple carriers,and without checking my posting history, I'll bet you don't have a clue about which is my preferred Carrier and why(and it ain't vzw) and a lot of other subjects. But just because vzw isn't my primary, I don't feel obligated to needlessly and uselessnessly and inaccurately criticize them. the On the other hand it's not unusual to be biased toward whatever one carrier you use, which is fine, but claiming without any substantial evidence that the largest US wireless carrier is whatever is just not true.

Let me ask those of you who are putting down vzw for whatever real or imagined reason, if you happened to know you were going to be put into a life and death situation for you or a family member and you were traveling or whatever in different areas of the county, and not really aware of cellular coverage where ever that happened to be, and again not having communications might result in death or great harm, in the hands of which carrier would you place your life?

For years I've kept a minimal vzw line as a backup to my primary carrier, because vzw coverage is usually superior to all others. To denigh that fact would require great ignorance or lying.

Again,the premise here is, if your phone doesn't work,you're going to die. Of course hopefully that situation isn't going to occur, but which carrier would you chose?
    Last edited by plane; 08-25-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    This header is an absolutly absurd statement. If it were even remotely accurate, then Tm,att etc would never have to try to improve service by adding more tower,spectrum, improved phones,etc,etc,etc.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    This header is an absolutly absurd statement. If it were even remotely accurate, then Tm,att etc would never have to try to improve service by adding more tower,spectrum, improved phones,etc,etc,etc.
    Nothing absurd about it. It's accurate.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Nothing absurd about it. It's accurate.
    How so. You're saying Tm needs no further expansion?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Yeah muffled calls, missed calls, slow data, data that times out, and arrogant customer service. Not worth the money
    Oh, sounds like your describing Tm. At least with vze and At T and maybe sprint I could at least have part of a converging conversation at more places than possible with Tm. If I can get half the vibration conversation with vzw,that's still half,whereas zero times zero with Tm is still zero . I'll even admit there are bad coversge vzw areas,but but there's a whole lot less off them. What will you admit. Still willing to risk your live with inferior coverage?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=a

This is the perfect time for Legere to go low key, step in, and quietly offer true unlimited service along with whatever else it takes to ensure that such public servants/first responders actually have the service they need to get the job done (mobile trucks, balloons, whatever). That would be a fist for Verizon to sit on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i realize this is a Tm group and your all happy with the less than stellar coverage you're getting, and that's fine,but you all of course are welcome to have your own opinions, but not your facts.

You are now contradicting your self as evidenced by this threads header.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score

The freekn' fire dept apparently agreed to and signed a contract, and I'll bet that's exactly the service they recieved. I agree it was stupid, but I see it every day, customers who think they know everything about a service and they don't. All I can do is tell them, and fix it later, when through experience ,like after this fire, their IQ has gone up a few points. I can't initially hold a gun to their head, but the really stupid among them will continue to argue that it's my fault they didn't listen to the truthful advise given them.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So why isn't the fire Dept on First Net that was made for First Responders? AT&T doesn't need band 14 to provide First Responder communication since they got the billions of dollar contract. After all the AT&T fans claim AT&T has rural coverage everywhere. Got a feeling the Gov of Calf is going to take a shot at Verizon since he claimed the state requires Net Neutrality to have the state deal with any network and I think he made that a law. Verizon throttling the fire dept when they warned them that it would jeopardise people getting medical attention and property isn't going to go well with a rich capitalist company like Verizon in that state.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 08-25-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Hopefully the data load they throttled worth all the bad PR.
    Yes, it will hurt them for a few days,but what are customers who need superior service going to do? Move to Tm? At present I don't think so. Most vzw customers are so tight with vzw, they won't even port to a vzw mvno as they think the coverage isn't as good. They sure ain't moving to Tm
    Last edited by plane; 08-25-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Skuzz;17017579]I've actually done cross-country trips in the past and unless cell towers were knocked down by tornadoes, everyone played fairly the same. Verizon is in this weird state now where, yes, if you use their 1xRTT network (to be shut down in 2019) you get coverage. If you're on their VoLTE network? Good luck. This is anecdotal of course because I can't claim to have driven everywhere in the US, nobody can. Every experience will be different.

The thing that blows me away about T-Mobile coverage continuing to improve is, exactly that. There is this spot in Michigan where every carrier always used to drop calls. I'm talking from 1999 to now. I was there again a few months ago, T-Mobile VoLTE call, no need to fall back to W, the call just worked. All the way up, over and down the hill and for a half an hour beyond that through nowhere territory. Meanwhile, Verizon in several locations with line-of-sight to the cell on a VoLTE call will get garbled, screwed up and fail. In a place where T-Mobile used to be EDGE-only, Verizon coverage has actually declined while T-Mobile improved. They can't figure out VoLTE. They couldn't even figure out LTE. They only know their old CDMA.

The whole "more towers" statement is hilarious. T-Mobile is actually putting up cell towers in places they never had coverage. Verizon is spending money on advertising and hoping nobody notices their coverage degradation. In my local market they've spent some money deploying 4x4 MIMO upgrades to existing cells, which do some marginal coverage increases. They've popped some cantennas on a few buildings, and yet still have gaping holes. Good luck using Verizon indoors pretty much anywhere.
    _------------
    This comment is just not accurate. And I'm only familiar with my service area, but there are plenty of towers,for the most part, or in areas where AT&T for instance has service, and tm doesn't, it's not for lack of a tower, it's that Tm has not hung an antenna on a whole lot of existing towers. And anyone with an operating brain understands it's not that Tm doesn't want to have those ANTENNAS, it's just a matter of capital allocation. They ain't got the money to match vzw and AT&T, but they're improving. But this is like an exaggerated analogy of saying if the temperature has risen to 10 degrees above zero from 10 below that its gotten warmer, problem is your still freezing your butt off, and your phone reception just sucks less than it the last year,etc.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast