Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AT&T Tower Congestion

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I hope everyone here is using the AT&T Mark the Spot app to report slow data, no data or call issues as often as possible. They haven't updated the platform, but it still appears to be used by the field service team.

I would agree that AT&T's network has really fallen behind compared to Verizon and even T-Mobile. It seems they have tried to not add capacity to existing sites to save cost, but it is an issue. I think we are getting to a point where we don't need new sites, we need more capacity (if possible) at existing sites.

I don't know if AT&T prepaid gets auto-access to the hotspots, but I am okay with that strategy too if they are deployed in more places. I think that was the idea behind the current deployable "5G" concept, but it seems that is a real slow process.

Feedback Score
    These posts ought to be giving AT&T some concern because these aren't isolated opinions. AT&T seems to be more focused on building its media empire than its network, and their problem is that once T-Mobile resolves its coverage issues - which they will eventually - AT&T will be in trouble. I know at least 3 people who were having problems like the ones listed here and they left AT&T postpaid for T-Mobile. All of them rave about how good T-Mobile is.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I've been having issues with data speeds and occasionally SMS texts for about six months. Data is pretty much crippled during peak times. Only thing holding me over is the Mexico roaming. It works better in Mexico than in my home.

If I don't see the an improvement by year's end, I'll look into T-Mobile.

Sent from my H1711 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rasheedb View Post
    I hope everyone here is using the AT&T Mark the Spot app to report slow data, no data or call issues as often as possible. They haven't updated the platform, but it still appears to be used by the field service team.

I would agree that AT&T's network has really fallen behind compared to Verizon and even T-Mobile. It seems they have tried to not add capacity to existing sites to save cost, but it is an issue. I think we are getting to a point where we don't need new sites, we need more capacity (if possible) at existing sites.

I don't know if AT&T prepaid gets auto-access to the hotspots, but I am okay with that strategy too if they are deployed in more places. I think that was the idea behind the current deployable "5G" concept, but it seems that is a real slow process.

that app is junk, ive tried it so many times and ive even called att and all they could is give me a ticket number and ive nver heard back from them, even tho i was going get a call in 2-3 days i got no calls and when i called back they said its still being work on..mean while theres no trucks at any of the cell sites where my phone was connected at

Quote Originally Posted by Hornos View Post
    These posts ought to be giving AT&T some concern because these aren't isolated opinions. AT&T seems to be more focused on building its media empire than its network, and their problem is that once T-Mobile resolves its coverage issues - which they will eventually - AT&T will be in trouble. I know at least 3 people who were having problems like the ones listed here and they left AT&T postpaid for T-Mobile. All of them rave about how good T-Mobile is.
    nope its nationwide..ATT is already getting losing..its stocks are half of what t-mobile is!

like i said in my other post att network just sucks from voice/data/coverage..im in the damn city with 1 bar of HSPA 4G..its a huge mess in my area, and when they turn off 2G they didnt even replace it with anything now its a big no coverage hole, no im 4 real...covering my brothers house and all roads around him...he left and found out he has t-mobile now not only for him but also his company...then i left im on metro pcs along with a few family members...sooo total ppl i know would be like 25 with my family and then brothers company

i kinda saw this coming cause att spent alot of money and time into buying mexico networks and also att buying other dumb crap and spending time with video service etc...its like they have everything in front of them while att is in the back just rotting away

hey att give ur network to t-mobile im sure they know what to do with it

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T Tower Congestion

Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    that app is junk, ive tried it so many times and ive even called att and all they could is give me a ticket number and ive nver heard back from them, even tho i was going get a call in 2-3 days i got no calls and when i called back they said its still being work on..mean while theres no trucks at any of the cell sites where my phone was connected at

nope its nationwide..ATT is already getting losing..its stocks are half of what t-mobile is!

like i said in my other post att network just sucks from voice/data/coverage..im in the damn city with 1 bar of HSPA 4G..its a huge mess in my area, and when they turn off 2G they didnt even replace it with anything now its a big no coverage hole, no im 4 real...covering my brothers house and all roads around him...he left and found out he has t-mobile now not only for him but also his company...then i left im on metro pcs along with a few family members...sooo total ppl i know would be like 25 with my family and then brothers company

i kinda saw this coming cause att spent alot of money and time into buying mexico networks and also att buying other dumb crap and spending time with video service etc...its like they have everything in front of them while att is in the back just rotting away

hey att give ur network to t-mobile im sure they know what to do with it
    While TMobile has improved it's coverage the only bragging point it has are speeds. And even then depending who you talk to even they can suck. They still have a LONG ways to go to match Verizon or ATTs national coverage or reliability.

And even if to you it looks like it, they aren't sitting still.

ATT does need to make some network improvements. But people are looking for instant gratification. I've seen all kinds of reports of improvements. But they take time and aren't on your time schedule.

It's not always the carriers fault. Even upgrading a tower can be difficult if the local authorities deny them that upgrade or put up a lot of red tape. Which happens a lot more than you think.

Plus there are literally tens of thousands of towers and antenna to get to.

TMobile is also skimping on their network. They put just barely enough coverage in a new area for advertising purposes. But their map and reps will say it's all native LTE when easily half of it is roaming and zooming in on their map suggests the same.

But now they have coverage! When in reality they have barely enough to call it coverage.

And with First Net, ATTs coverage will improve as will their speeds nationwide the next few years.

But if you're looking for instant gratification you're gonna be disappointed. Because for even as fast as TMobile is building out they still are years away from coming close to the big two and those big two are building out in parallel.

So even with improvements being made they will still be playing catch up.

And if you think a Sprint merger is a good thing then I guess you'll have to figure it out the hard way, once you get past their advertising hype for it, it's not.

Feedback Score
    I've had much better coverage and reliability on at&t. In fact, when I left TMobile I didn't realize cell service could be so good until I came to at&t. Also firstnet will only make things better.

With tmobile I was having tons of missed calls and text wouldn't send quite frequently

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    While TMobile has improved it's coverage the only bragging point it has are speeds. And even then depending who you talk to even they can suck. They still have a LONG ways to go to match Verizon or ATTs national coverage or reliability.

And even if to you it looks like it, they aren't sitting still.

ATT does need to make some network improvements. But people are looking for instant gratification. I've seen all kinds of reports of improvements. But they take time and aren't on your time schedule.

It's not always the carriers fault. Even upgrading a tower can be difficult if the local authorities deny them that upgrade or put up a lot of red tape. Which happens a lot more than you think.

Plus there are literally tens of thousands of towers and antenna to get to.

TMobile is also skimping on their network. They put just barely enough coverage in a new area for advertising purposes. But their map and reps will say it's all native LTE when easily half of it is roaming and zooming in on their map suggests the same.

But now they have coverage! When in reality they have barely enough to call it coverage.

And with First Net, ATTs coverage will improve as will their speeds nationwide the next few years.

But if you're looking for instant gratification you're gonna be disappointed. Because for even as fast as TMobile is building out they still are years away from coming close to the big two and those big two are building out in parallel.

So even with improvements being made they will still be playing catch up.

And if you think a Sprint merger is a good thing then I guess you'll have to figure it out the hard way, once you get past their advertising hype for it, it's not.
    I agree. No way I'd want TMobile after anything sprint gets into the mix even if TMobile runs it.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    Also firstnet will only make things better.
    Yes, ATT is aggressively adding bands 4, 30 & 66 along with 14 around here & data is noticeably snappier.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was at the Cincinnati WEBN Fireworks yesterday. Their was so many people at the event the AT&T cell tower kicked my phone off and my phone eventuality roamed on another tower so I could only make emergency calls since their is no domestic roaming on AT&T Prepaid.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    There is some limited roaming on ATT Prepaid. Look at the coverage in western Nebraska, roaming. Didn't used to be there.

But even ATT postpaid generally didn't allow in network roaming. If they had a tower in the area, roaming wouldn't be allowed.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Their network has declined so much in my area that T-Mobile and Verizon have become the congested networks, which it never used to be that way. Even with people fleeing, AT&T hasn’t seen any congestion relief. Where their network was when I got fed up and left them as my primary 2 years ago pales in comparison to where things are now. It’s so bad that I don’t even think a dozen new sites would fix things, they’d need at least 3-4 dozen new sites minimum, with all spectrum they own deployed on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2