Thread: Plan Has Voice Roaming But Can't Roam???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Plan Has Voice Roaming But Can't Roam???

I am on the 5 unlimited lines for $100. I chose Boost in part because my rate plan offers 50 roaming minutes per month, enough for emergency calling in rural areas.

Boost customer service and their website both indicate I have roaming but only one of my five lines roams even when we are all togther in roaming coverage.

The phone that roams is a LG X Charge. I have two other LG X Charges with the same updates and same settings that are never offered roaming.

I asked a Boost CSR if he could reset roaming on my account but he say there is nothing they can do. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I forgot to mention when I am in roaming I am in strong Verizon coverage.

The LG X Charge that roams shows bars with an R. The other phones have a small X where the bars should be.

Feedback Score
    go into the phones settings and do a PRL update.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you. Updating the PRL did not resolve the roaming issue.

Feedback Score
    do you have roaming turned on in the phones settings ??

Feedback Score
    First the phone must be roaming capable and it sounds like your phone is. They have a list of phones that support roaming on the boost website.

When my brothers phone was not roaming on Boost he tried adjusting the settings first and then a PRL update but it did not work. So I did a factory reset and then it started working. If you try a factory reset remember to backup your data first.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Roaming is turned on. A factory reset did not fix the problem. I suspect Boost has not provisioned 4 of my lines to roam but I cant persuaded them to do anything about it.

Feedback Score
    On my brothers phone and my phone, roaming was turned on by default after a factory reset so I did not need to adjust anything after the factory reset to get roaming to work.

When you tested after the factory reset I would recommend to test before installing any apps just in case an app could be causing the problem.

For me roaming was hard to test because at home we had a native signal so could not test until going on the road.

I can't think why they would have the capability of turning off roaming on certain phone numbers because each phone gets 50 minutes a month.

If the factory reset does not solve the problem then seems like boost tech support is needed. Sometimes if you call back you can get another support person that might be able to help when they could not help before.

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful4Advice View Post
    I forgot to mention when I am in roaming I am in strong Verizon coverage.

The LG X Charge that roams shows bars with an R. The other phones have a small X where the bars should be.
    You can't roam on verizon towers...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Boost reprovisioned my phones and voice roaming now works most of the time I am out of Boost coverage.

Many Boost plans include 50 minutes of voice roaming. Boost customers can roam on Verizon for voice only via the roaming agreement between Sprint and Verizon. Don't know what will happen if Sprint sells Boost per merger.