Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Download symbol on status line - Motorola Droid X

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0

    Download symbol on status line - Motorola Droid X

    Hi:
    I have a Moto Droid X running 2.3.4 Android (gingerbread I think?). On my status line when I connect to WiFi the symbol that downloads are available pops up. If I power the phone off and back on the download symbol goes away. At least until the next I connect to WiFi. I am on the Page Plus Cellular pay as you go plan so I don't usually have Data enabled on my phone. I do occasionally turn it on for brief stretches if I am outside of a WiFi area but almost always turn WiFi on to use google or facebook on the internet. The problem is when you pull down the status bar to see what might be available to download - nothing shows up on the screen that shows what the different status icons are enabled for. Does anyone know how I can determine what needs to be downloaded?
    Thanks for any input you can provide.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    260
    Carrier(s)
    VZW(formerly Airtouch)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH60 View Post
    Hi:
    I have a Moto Droid X running 2.3.4 Android (gingerbread I think?). On my status line when I connect to WiFi the symbol that downloads are available pops up. If I power the phone off and back on the download symbol goes away. At least until the next I connect to WiFi. I am on the Page Plus Cellular pay as you go plan so I don't usually have Data enabled on my phone. I do occasionally turn it on for brief stretches if I am outside of a WiFi area but almost always turn WiFi on to use google or facebook on the internet. The problem is when you pull down the status bar to see what might be available to download - nothing shows up on the screen that shows what the different status icons are enabled for. Does anyone know how I can determine what needs to be downloaded?
    Thanks for any input you can provide.
    Turn on wifi. Open up the google play store app. Tap on the three line menu icon. Tap on the 'My apps and games' listing. That should bring up a list of apps google is trying to update.
    What kind of phone does a turtle have?
    A shell-ular phone

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    392
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hell, it's almost certainly trying to download a System Update (even if only to 2.3.5)! Man that's an OLD OS version!
    Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817T on AT&T
    Galaxy S7 on StraightTalk (AT&T)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kencrudup View Post
    Hell, it's almost certainly trying to download a System Update (even if only to 2.3.5)! Man that's an OLD OS version!
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried Pack's suggestion as well. My applications show as Up to date on Google Play. How can I tell if something is trying to push an OS update to my phone? Shouldn't something showup when you pull down the status tray?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    260
    Carrier(s)
    VZW(formerly Airtouch)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH60 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried Pack's suggestion as well. My applications show as Up to date on Google Play. How can I tell if something is trying to push an OS update to my phone? Shouldn't something showup when you pull down the status tray?
    Try this --- turn on wifi .... tap Settings>About Phone>System Updates ....
    I highly doubt your os is being updated to anything, seeing as it is so outdated, but give that a try ...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    I tried this. It reports "Your Device is Up to Date." Well as far as it is concerned anyway! Thanks for the tips. I'll continue to search my phone as the download symbol continues to appear. Thanks for all your helpful suggestions.

Similar Threads

  1. Is it safe to do a system update on a flashed Motorola Droid?
    By wegoshop in forum MetroPCS Flashing and Modding
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 06:08 PM
  2. Caps/symbol notification on status bar?
    By lexus in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 08:34 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 07:40 PM
  4. can i download themes on motorola?
    By gurimitz1988 in forum Motorola
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 12:59 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 04:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks