Thread: Download symbol on status line - Motorola Droid X

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Download symbol on status line - Motorola Droid X

Hi:
    I have a Moto Droid X running 2.3.4 Android (gingerbread I think?). On my status line when I connect to WiFi the symbol that downloads are available pops up. If I power the phone off and back on the download symbol goes away. At least until the next I connect to WiFi. I am on the Page Plus Cellular pay as you go plan so I don't usually have Data enabled on my phone. I do occasionally turn it on for brief stretches if I am outside of a WiFi area but almost always turn WiFi on to use google or facebook on the internet. The problem is when you pull down the status bar to see what might be available to download - nothing shows up on the screen that shows what the different status icons are enabled for. Does anyone know how I can determine what needs to be downloaded?
    Thanks for any input you can provide.

Carrier(s)
    VZW(formerly Airtouch)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH60 View Post
    Hi:
    I have a Moto Droid X running 2.3.4 Android (gingerbread I think?). On my status line when I connect to WiFi the symbol that downloads are available pops up. If I power the phone off and back on the download symbol goes away. At least until the next I connect to WiFi. I am on the Page Plus Cellular pay as you go plan so I don't usually have Data enabled on my phone. I do occasionally turn it on for brief stretches if I am outside of a WiFi area but almost always turn WiFi on to use google or facebook on the internet. The problem is when you pull down the status bar to see what might be available to download - nothing shows up on the screen that shows what the different status icons are enabled for. Does anyone know how I can determine what needs to be downloaded?
    Thanks for any input you can provide.
    Turn on wifi. Open up the google play store app. Tap on the three line menu icon. Tap on the 'My apps and games' listing. That should bring up a list of apps google is trying to update.
    What kind of phone does a turtle have?
    A shell-ular phone

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Hell, it's almost certainly trying to download a System Update (even if only to 2.3.5)! Man that's an OLD OS version!
    Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817T on AT&T
    Galaxy S7 on StraightTalk (AT&T)

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kencrudup View Post
    Hell, it's almost certainly trying to download a System Update (even if only to 2.3.5)! Man that's an OLD OS version!
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried Pack's suggestion as well. My applications show as Up to date on Google Play. How can I tell if something is trying to push an OS update to my phone? Shouldn't something showup when you pull down the status tray?

Carrier(s)
    VZW(formerly Airtouch)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH60 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried Pack's suggestion as well. My applications show as Up to date on Google Play. How can I tell if something is trying to push an OS update to my phone? Shouldn't something showup when you pull down the status tray?
    Try this --- turn on wifi .... tap Settings>About Phone>System Updates ....
    I highly doubt your os is being updated to anything, seeing as it is so outdated, but give that a try ...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I tried this. It reports "Your Device is Up to Date." Well as far as it is concerned anyway! Thanks for the tips. I'll continue to search my phone as the download symbol continues to appear. Thanks for all your helpful suggestions.