Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wi-Fi Calling Failures

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Wi-Fi calling on T-Mobile is flawless for me.

It is truly a great feature, and does come in handy when coverage isn't optimal in odd spots.
    It is also excellent on Verizon with iPhones.

Feedback Score
    WiFi calling is an obsession for T-Mobile users because their coverage is so spotty. I cannot give an example for where I don't have voice coverage with my Verizon plan and I would need WiFi.

Well... OK, I can think of a few locations, but I am not allowed to take my phone inside there anyway, and there is no WiFi allowed either

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Well... OK, I can think of a few locations, but I am not allowed to take my phone inside there anyway, and there is no WiFi allowed either
    Where do you leave your phone then?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    For some reason, Verizon support seems to blame EVERYTHING on the iPhone WiFi assist setting. I can't tell you how many times they've asked me to turn that off!
    As a former CS rep for another cell phone company, sometimes that is what they are told by their systems resources. Don't be so quick to throw them under the bus until you walk a mile in their shoes.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    As a former CS rep for another cell phone company, sometimes that is what they are told by their systems resources. Don't be so quick to throw them under the bus until you walk a mile in their shoes.
    I wasn't blaming any of the individual reps or throwing anyone under the bus. It's obviously a recommendation from Verizon's troubleshooting documentation, as I've had no less than 5 different reps (over the course of many months) suggest that WiFi assist was the culprit for some unrelated problem I was having.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    Where do you leave your phone then?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    At least some places that don't allow you to take phones in provide lock boxes. Lock the phone in, take the key. Don't know if this applies to the poster.

I've been at a company a few times before where you could leave the phone at a front desk.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    At least some places that don't allow you to take phones in provide lock boxes. Lock the phone in, take the key. Don't know if this applies to the poster.
    I've been at a company a few times before where you could leave the phone at a front desk.
    Yep, they have lockers for cell phones at the entrance, if you don't power it off, battery will drain trying to lock on signal.
    Or you can leave it in the car.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    WiFi calling is an obsession for T-Mobile users because their coverage is so spotty. I cannot give an example for where I don't have voice coverage with my Verizon plan and I would need WiFi.

I have been to a few resorts in the rural west coast that have wifi, but no or very poor cellular coverage, even on Verizon.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Wi-Fi Calling Failures

My home tower at a new all time low:

Actually staring at my home sector PCI 346:

Festival is going on in my town, that’s partly what was dragging down cell 345 and the fiber enet backhaul feeding the site:

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    mine is at an all new high at home. For many many years i could only get one or two bars at best in my basement condo. And speeds were extremely slow. I used a Femtocell for many years until Verizon had wifi calling. But recently I've been able to get three or four bars. and download speeds over 60Mb/s at home. Which was unheard of even as recent as last year.

Name:  Screenshot_20180901-022536_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  24.7 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    I have been to a few resorts in the rural west coast that have wifi, but no or very poor cellular coverage, even on Verizon.
    Wi-Fi support is nice for certain cases. In some big store. Or if I could use on my upcoming trip to the UK and keep my number (instead I have 3 SIM ready for activation when I'm there).

I wouldn't want to live with Wi-Fi required coverage at home unless that was the ONLY choice. I also don't use Wi-Fi at work since it ties back to my company account, and the company doesn't need to have records of places I visit during lunch hours or on breaks. So I'm with a company that works well for me at work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2