Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to delete text message on google voice?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    I had a brand new iPhone for about ten minutes. I could not figure out how to use it with Google Voice, it was a kludge. Much to the delight of my daughter, I gave up, handed her the iPhone and went back to Android. I wish you luck on figuring this out.
    Bet she figured it out within 5 mins. LOL. Yougins.
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, godless, immoral, hypersensitive, crass, narcissist liar, psychopath committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't have an iPhone. But since you've finally indicated that you're using the Hangouts app and not the Google Voice app with your Google Voice #, I can tell you how to delete the whole conversation. Since you say there's no way to do it from the Hangouts app on your iPhone, go to https://hangouts.google.com from a computer, select the conversation, and after it appears on the lower right of the screen, click the gear icon, and select "Delete conversation".

As an aside, on the Hangouts app for Android, to delete a conversation, you simply long press the conversation, and then select the trash can icon. As I indicated in my first reply above, there's no way to delete individual messages from the Hangouts app, at least on Android, or, as far as I can tell, not even using https://hangouts.google.com .

Hi there.

I went there and a bit confused. So i have to delete the entire conversation? Thus thats the only way to do this? Thus you can't delete certain things only and have to delete the entire conversation? And once i do this, then none of this would show on my google hangouts app?

Feedback Score
    Such as imagine when you text message with others. You only want to delete a few certain lines. You can do this. But here... i have to delete entire conversation?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    As mentioned earlier in this thread, deleting individual messages when using the Hangouts platform isn't possible. I have no idea why it isn't possible.

Also as mentioned above, you would have to switch to the GV app/platform to be able to delete individual text messages, But you would then have to disassociate your GV # from Hangouts, then apply for and be accepted into the beta function of voice over data n the GV app/platform to be able to have voice over data like you currently have with Hangouts.

https://support.google.com/voice/ans...DDesktop&hl=en
    Step 2: Turn Google Voice in Hangouts on or off
    1.Go to hangouts.google.com or open Hangouts in Gmail.
    2.Open settings: •On hangouts.google.com: Click Menu Menuand then Settings.
    •On Gmail: At the top of your Hangouts list, click the Down arrow Down Arrow.
    3.Under the "Google Voice" section, check Receive SMS and voicemail in Hangouts. To turn off, uncheck the box.

Device(s)
    One+5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can turn off Hangouts SMS/MMs and still use VoIP calling on Hangouts for telephone calls, using the GV number. That's all I use Hangouts for - making VoIP calls.
    Open the Hangouts app on your phone and go to Settings. Tap on the phone number, scroll down to phone settings and turn off "Messages."
    Use Google Voice app for SMS/MMS, which allows deletion of individual messages within a conversation. Just long-press the message you want to delete & tap the trash can.
    It's a hassle having to use two apps to accomplish both VoIP calls & SMS, but worth it.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arxaw View Post
    You can turn off Hangouts SMS/MMs and still use VoIP calling on Hangouts for telephone calls, using the GV number. That's all I use Hangouts for - making VoIP calls.
    Open the Hangouts app on your phone and go to Settings. Tap on the phone number, scroll down to phone settings and turn off "Messages."
    Use Google Voice app for SMS/MMS, which allows deletion of individual messages within a conversation. Just long-press the message you want to delete & tap the trash can.
    It's a hassle having to use two apps to accomplish both VoIP calls & SMS, but worth it.
    That's not a bad suggestion, I guess. But keep in mind that if you do that you then lose the ability to receive videos in the app, in case that's important.

Device(s)
    One+5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That's not a bad suggestion, I guess. But keep in mind that if you do that you then lose the ability to receive videos in the app, in case that's important.
    True.
    That's not important to me, but it might be for the OP.

Feedback Score
    Hey all. Can someone give me the direct link again to do this? I was able to view my previous conversations and delete them.

But when i type the

www.hangouts.google.com, that doesn't work.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly02 View Post
    Hey all. Can someone give me the direct link again to do this? I was able to view my previous conversations and delete them.

But when i type the

Why don't you just click on the Hangouts link I provided above and that you previously quoted?

https://hangouts.google.com

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly02 View Post

But when i type the

Why don't you just click on the Hangouts link I provided above and that you previously quoted?

https://hangouts.google.com
    pauly02, did you get it figured out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2