Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do I get SPRINT FREE 1 year plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    At the moment the least expensive phones for Sprint on my Black Friday deals page are the unlocked Moto G6 for $189.99 (Costco) or $199.99 (Best Buy, Newegg) and the Unlocked LG Stylo 4 for $209.99 at Best Buy. I'm hoping the the unlocked Moto E4 will be under $100 somewhere on Black Friday.
    Personally I think people should buy Sprint-branded models for use on the Free plan, whose end date, by the way, has just been extended another two months, indicating it will likely remain open for signups well into January at least.

If you buy a generic model, you will usually lack many or all of Visual VoiceMail, Wifi Calling, LTE Calling, HPUE for extended area reach on band 51, Carrier Aggregation, etc. Also Hotspot although that is no longer included in this particular plan.

Sprint will unlock after 50 days and then the phone is good on GSM and Verizon as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMDHoward View Post
    Thanks for your reply/guidance.

How to make sure these phones I pick print Postpaid SKU before checking out (without opening box)?

You know, Bestbuy charge high re-stocking FEE, for electronic returns.

Is there a APP or website to show this info?

I did find Yeswap posted BlackFriday deal at

I did not see LG Tribute Dynasty in that list.

Do you find any phone from that list, fit into any loophole this time?

Thanks for sharing.

I suspect but do not know that the Boost $49 Sprint LG Tribute Dynasty at Walmart might go on.

Normally the imei is on the outside of the box.

Some people photo it in the store, then enter it in the checker for this plan.

Note it may show only the MEID on the outside of the box. You can convert this to IMEI using swappa. Just enter it there.

Or check various Best Buy variants in store there and play with price matching to Walmart and Sprint pricing. Best Buy has all 3 variants. I think if you got them confused enough between the three skus they might give you a decent price even for the postpaid sku *if* that version is even needed.

Then enter the IMEI and any non-Sprint phone number at
    https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offer...nity:1yearfree

and see if that phone qualifies before buying it.

This might not work because the phones may not be released until you buy them. I am not sure. But somebody said it worked for them at Walmart at least.
    Last edited by comintel; 11-11-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Personally I think people should buy Sprint-branded models for use on the Free plan, whose end date, by the way, has just been extended another two months, indicating it will likely remain open for signups well into January at least.

If you buy a generic model, you will usually lack many or all of Visual VoiceMail, Wifi Calling, LTE Calling, HPUE for extended area reach on band 51, Carrier Aggregation, etc. Also Hotspot although that is no longer included in this particular plan.

Sprint will unlock after 50 days and then the phone is good on GSM and Verizon as well.
    The Sprint models are usually cheaper as well. I have purchased two new Sprint iPhones at a significant discount because they're still locked to Sprint. They can be taken anywhere once unlocked.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    Hi....can you change phones after a few months ?

start with a cheap hand me down phone to see how you like it and upgrade the phone if you like the service...
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    Hi....can you change phones after a few months ?

start with a cheap hand me down phone to see how you like it and upgrade the phone if you like the service...

You can simply device swap to another phone you own outright at any time via tech support with no delay.

You can buy into a Sprint upgrade offer via TeleSales after 120 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade00 View Post
    The Sprint models are usually cheaper as well. I have purchased two new Sprint iPhones at a significant discount because they're still locked to Sprint. They can be taken anywhere once unlocked.
    Exactly right.

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your suggestions.

I am not able to find SPRINT LG Tribute Dynasty in Bestbuy. I did find Boost LG Tribute Dynasty at Walmart for 49.00.

I used the IMEI on the box to run by Swappa in my smartphone. It

Cleared for blacklist and said activation ready.

I am not sure, whether it means unlocked and use able with other carrier.

I did the same with Tello Imei checker on my phone, it throws:

Oops! Your IMEI might not be correct or your phone is not Tello compatible
    Why am I getting different results?

Thanks for sharing

Feedback Score
    I would check also in the Sprint checkers at
    https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offer...nity:1yearfree
    and
    https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/bring...TNAV=LP%3ABYOD

The first of these is the one for the free plan but needs any non-Sprint phone number as well.

These (ideally the first) are the only ones that give reliable results for Sprint Postpaid including the Free Plan.

The Swappa one is not reliable for Sprint postpaid.

If you can get it on the free plan Sprint will hopefully unlock it 50 days later for use on other carriers.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am not able to find SPRINT LG Tribute Dynasty in Bestbuy. I did find Boost LG Tribute Dynasty at Walmart for 49.00.

I used the IMEI on the box to run by Swappa in my smartphone. It

Cleared for blacklist and said activation ready.

I am not sure, whether it means unlocked and use able with other carrier.

Why am I getting different results?

Thanks for sharing
    Last edited by comintel; 11-24-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Feedback Score
    Other alternatives are the Nexus 5, 5X, 6P (my favorite). Both the 5 and 5X can be purchased new for $100. with the 6P around $150. and are unlocked for any carrier. Still damn good phones with very good cameras and better screens and will activate on Sprint without issue.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    There are extensive discussions and faq at SD. https://slickdeals.net/f/10235008-sp...device-sim-req

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Other alternatives are the Nexus 5, 5X, 6P (my favorite). Both the 5 and 5X can be purchased new for $100. with the 6P around $150. and are unlocked for any carrier. Still damn good phones with very good cameras and better screens and will activate on Sprint without issue.
    These seem like good prices for some nice new-in-box phones.

Would there be any reason why someone would choose the 5 over the 5X?

If the $50 more is inconsequential to someone, would there be any reason not to pick the 6P over the 5 or 5X?

Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Be careful with the Nexus 5. I bought 2 for this purpose. One activated fine. The other could never be activated. I opened several tech support tickets with Sprint, and spent 20 hours on the phone with a dozen people. If the Nexus 5 was bought from Tmo or At&t it's imei never passed on to Sprint and can't be added.

The Nexus 5 is probably a more reliable phone than the 5x (which bootloops like the LG G3, G4 ,V10) but has this Sprint activation problem if it wasn't bought from Sprint or Google.
    Enjoy Lycamobile...the Ryanair of mobile phone service providers
    Air , Water , Fire....LYCA

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your replies.

Walmart has Boost Lg Tribute Dynasty for 49.00, but SPRINT Lg Dynasty for 96.00

What are the technical differences between above two?

Will Walmart Boost Lg Tribute Dynasty come for sale?

Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your replies.

Walmart has Boost Lg Tribute Dynasty for 49.00, but SPRINT Lg Dynasty for 96.00

What are the technical differences between above two?

Will Walmart Boost Lg Tribute Dynasty come for sale?

Thanks for sharing.
    There are no technical differences between the two. They are the same phone (of course Sprint's database tracks which is which by the particular IMEI).

One SKU is for Prepaid use and one is for Postpaid use. The prepaid sku will usually be much cheaper because it is subsidized for use only (at least in theory) on Boost or Virgin or Sprint Prepaid service.
    As has been mentioned in the past, the branding / sku matters! But NOT for technical reasons.

But did you get around to trying the Boost branded IMEI in the Sprint checker for which I posted the link?
    The Swappa etc checkers results are NOT reliable for use on Sprint postpaid.
    Last edited by comintel; 11-26-2018 at 01:05 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    These seem like good prices for some nice new-in-box phones.

Would there be any reason why someone would choose the 5 over the 5X?

If the $50 more is inconsequential to someone, would there be any reason not to pick the 6P over the 5 or 5X?

Thanks!
    After having the 5 and gf having the 5X, the 6P is a definite step up in screen rez and camera (outstanding). All are excellent phones with rock solid call quality, strong signal grabbers, and GPS lock. We had absolutely no problems with them. As a fyi, I put one of my reps on the Sprint free plan and she could not deal with the dropped calls and lost GPS signals. C/S with them is crap, meaning the most poorly run company and network.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast