Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do I get SPRINT FREE 1 year plan?

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score

Question How do I get SPRINT FREE 1 year plan?

How do I get SPRINT FREE 1 year plan?
    ===================================

Thanks for replies to my postings and reviewing my thread. I Have LG tribute HD 4G LTE (Android/CDMA) unlocked phone. I signed up with UNREAL mobile plan.

I tried to join SPRINT FREE 1 year plan. The rep told me that the UNREAL is sprint affiliated career, so I am not eligible.

They suggested to sign up with non SPRINT affiliated career to become eligible.

My phone is (Android/CDMA).

What are the non SPRINT affiliated MVNO plans to consider with my BOYD?

Thanks for sharing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMDHoward View Post

Thanks for replies to my postings and reviewing my thread. I Have LG tribute HD 4G LTE (Android/CDMA) unlocked phone. I signed up with UNREAL mobile plan.

I tried to join SPRINT FREE 1 year plan. The rep told me that the UNREAL is sprint affiliated career, so I am not eligible.

Thanks for sharing
    Isn't that a Boost Mobile phone? If yes, IF the SIM card slot is unlocked, you might be able to use it on an AT&T or T-Mobile MVNO. Some to consider would be H2O, AirVoice, or SpeedTalk Mobile. But if it's NOT SIM card slot unlocked, you'll have to unlock it, or get a compatible phone for whatever network you choose.

Regarding using that LG tribute HD on the Sprint Free Plan, someone else will have to give info about that.

Feedback Score

Thanks for sharing
    How did you get it unlocked?

Most of those were sold as prepaid phones.

A few were sold as postpaid phones and if it is one of those I can tell you how to get it activated. I have two of them on the Free plan.

The specific error you are describing refers to the phone number, not to the phone.

Feedback Score
    Part of the deal is that you port in an active number. A google voice number may work. Your question is better addressed on the Sprint forum. https://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/53-Sprint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paaz View Post
    Part of the deal is that you port in an active number. A google voice number may work. Your question is better addressed on the Sprint forum. https://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/53-Sprint
    Google voice numbers are indeed accepted in general (except for a tiny number of rare cases where they are not portable).

However there will be more errors behind it until we address the other issues I raised.
    Last edited by comintel; 08-02-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your replies.

Yes, it is a Boost Mobile Phone. It came with unlocked sim.

I used with TPO and changed to UNREAL mobile.

My use is very low minutes. I am looking for suitable plan.

"The specific error you are describing refers to the phone number, not to the phone. "
    As SPRINT try to validate my phone # & phone IMEI, SIM against database, it showed as active with Sprint MVNO. Their (SPRINT) system is not allowing to activate. They wanted me to sign up with NON SPRINT MVNO, so their process will go thru.

Signing with another, I need to go thru another actvation/FEE etc.

If I cancelmy UNREAL service, my phone will flag as non active phone.

I am not sure, whether I can use my phone number after cancellation.

Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your replies.

Yes, it is a Boost Mobile Phone. It came with unlocked sim.

I used with TPO and changed to UNREAL mobile.

My use is very low minutes. I am looking for suitable plan.

As SPRINT try to validate my phone # & phone IMEI, SIM against database, it showed as active with Sprint MVNO. Their (SPRINT) system is not allowing to activate. They wanted me to sign up with NON SPRINT MVNO, so their process will go thru.

Signing with another, I need to go thru another actvation/FEE etc.

If I cancelmy UNREAL service, my phone will flag as non active phone.

I am not sure, whether I can use my phone number after cancellation.

Thanks for sharing.
    There is no such thing as an unlocked Sim that Sprint recognizes that is any different from a regular sim.

The phone does have to be inactive with regards to Sprint. You can use any phone number - the phone does not have to be on that number.

But the problem is, even if you fix that, it is not going to activate anyway, I can predict.

There will be other problems after you deactivate it.

You would be better off to buy a Boost Moto G6 Play ($80) from Boost mail order, or Boost Moto E5 Play ($64), both with coupon SUMMER. They come with the correct sim. (post-edit: the coupon has just now been expired so prices are now 20% higher - try Walmart via BrickSeek to see if local Walmarts have any left at the lower price).

There is currently a loophole and these are activating on the Sprint free plan.

See the SlickDeals threads for lots of details if you need them.

You can activate it without opening the box for easy return if needed.
    Last edited by comintel; 08-03-2018 at 05:21 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    I tried activating on this plan yesterday with several unlocked motorola phones. The g4 Plus and g5s Plus. They both came back as owing money to Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I tried activating on this plan yesterday with several unlocked motorola phones. The g4 Plus and g5s Plus. They both came back as owing money to Sprint.

Yes we are familiar with the "You owe Sprint" error and how to get around it.
    Despite its misleading wording, what that particular error message actually means is that the phone has been on an MVNO and the ownership flag in the Sprint DMD was set by the MVNO to "PLBL" (private label).
    You need to get that flag set to "SPCS" and it will then activate.

To do so, contact LiterallyUnlimited on reddit and he will set it up for Sprint postpaid use by doing that for you. Then it will activate fine.

See https://www.reddit.com/r/LiterallyUn...omplete_guide/
    and https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comm...print/dlt3sho/

Just send your IMEI to him on reddit and he will do it for free.

Note this will not work at all for prepaid-origin Sprint phones (Boost, Virgin, Sprint Prepaid).

In his day job, he is in charge of this area at Ting but you should not contact him at Ting. He does this on reddit as a public service.

A gazillion people have had him do this, including me.
    Last edited by comintel; 08-03-2018 at 05:13 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Yes we are familiar with the "You owe Sprint" error and how to get around it.
    Despite its misleading wording, what that particular error message actually means is that the phone has been on an MVNO and the ownership flag in the Sprint DMD was set by the MVNO to "PLBL" (private label).
    You need to get that flag set to "SPCS" and it will then activate.

To do so, contact LiterallyUnlimited on reddit and he will set it up for Sprint postpaid use by doing that for you. Then it will activate fine.

See https://www.reddit.com/r/LiterallyUn...omplete_guide/
    and https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comm...print/dlt3sho/

Just send your IMEI ti him on reddit and he will do it for free.

In his day job, he is in charge of this area at Ting but you should not contact him at Ting. He does this on reddit as a public service.

A gazillion people have had him do this, including me.

Thanks for the info.

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your suggestions.

I took the LG Trubute HD (unlocked) to SPRINT Corporate store to add into their SPRINT inventory. They tried to make a tkt. It throws

Customers who show active on a whole sale account(MVNO) will need to goback to the wholesaler (MVNO) to have then deactivate and ReSKU back to a Sprint Postpaid SKU.

Do not submit clickIT tickets for wholesale devices that are active. They will be closed without work. It is upto the customer to work back with the wholesaler to deactivate and ReSKU the device back to SPRINT POSTpaid.
    Will wholesaler(MVNO) able to deactivate and ReSKU the device back to SPRINT POSTpaid?

Do they understand how to ReSKU?

Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your suggestions.

I took the LG Trubute HD (unlocked) to SPRINT Corporate store to add into their SPRINT inventory. They tried to make a tkt. It throws

Will wholesaler(MVNO) able to deactivate and ReSKU the device back to SPRINT POSTpaid?

Do they understand how to ReSKU?

Thanks for sharing.
    Sorry I did not see this earlier. But that's what I expected since it is a Boost phone that was not on Boost. Sprint will not re-sku phones from Prepaid status to Postpaid status.

Your current mvno will deactivate it if is active on that mvno (by the way did you not deactivate it before taking it to the store? They are never going to touch an active device).

But in this case it is a Boost device and Boost will not re-sku it from Prepaid to Postpaid unless it has been on paid Boost service for a year. And no other mvno would be allowed or willing to do so for a Boost phone.
    Last edited by comintel; 11-11-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Feedback Score
    One very decent reasonably-priced phone that you can get and put on the free Sprint plan is

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/cell-...e-dynasty.html

It is $96 and Sprint charges a $30+ order fee as well on the phone if you buy it from them but they might waive the fee of you purchase the phone from the same rep as the free plan at the same time at 866-782-8777.

Or Best Buy should match the price with no added order fee. In fact, we should see this phone on sale soon.

HOWEVER if you buy it from any source other than Sprint, you need to make sure, including checking the IMEI that the particular one you buy is the Sprint Postpaid SKU and not a Boost or Virgin or Sprint Prepaid SKU. It is the same price for all 3 SKU's so it might not matter but it may. Again, all 3 SKU's exist. Supposedly Best Buy has both prepaid and postpaid models. Do not attempt to sign up for the free plan at any store though as you cannot do that.

Walmart has it cheaper still but they probably only have the Boost SKU for this phone.

It has all Sprint features, even Calling Plus, which should hopefully mean it will have VoLTE later.
    Last edited by comintel; 11-11-2018 at 06:53 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your reply/guidance.

HOWEVER if you buy it from any source other than Sprint, you need to make sure, including checking the IMEI that the particular one you buy is the Sprint Postpaid SKU and not a Boost or Virgin or Sprint Prepaid SKU. It is the same price for all 3 SKU's so it might not matter but it may. Again, all 3 SKU's exist.

How to make sure these phones I pick print Postpaid SKU before checking out (without opening box)?

You know, Bestbuy charge high re-stocking FEE, for electronic returns.

Is there a APP or website to show this info?

I did find Yeswap posted BlackFriday deal at

I did not see LG Tribute Dynasty in that list.

Do you find any phone from that list, fit into any loophole this time?

Thanks for sharing.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    At the moment the least expensive phones for Sprint on my Black Friday deals page are the unlocked Moto G6 for $189.99 (Costco) or $199.99 (Best Buy, Newegg) and the Unlocked LG Stylo 4 for $209.99 at Best Buy. I'm hoping the the unlocked Moto E4 will be under $100 somewhere on Black Friday.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast