Thread: Anybody know how to set up APN for MMS, etc on Nokia 3310(Red Pocket)?

Feedback Score

Anybody know how to set up APN for MMS, etc on Nokia 3310(Red Pocket)?

I'm new to MVNOs and I've never had to set up an APN. Despite endless emailing with Red Pocket customer support (who've been nearly useless), I still have yet to set up my Nokia 3310 for MMS and Web stuff; it took five emails just to get across the fact that, since my phone doesn't use iOS, Android, or Windows, none of their published instructions work. And, since none of the instructions I've seen elsewhere seem to fit the options on my phone's interface, I don't know how to make this work.
    So, has anybody else succeeded in setting up this phone for Red Pocket? (Or for another, more helpful carrier?)

EDIT:
    I'm on Red Pocket's AT&T network. The parameters for configuring an access point on this phone are:
    Name (of access point)
    Username
    Password
    Access point
    Gateway
    Port
    set home page
    Network type
    IP type
    These terms don't match what I've seen in instructions I've seen on the web, and I can't seem to get Red Pocket support people to even look at them--they just start spouting whatever terminology they're accustomed to using.
    I also need to know which to select as my "SIM access point" (this is in the MMS menu), and which access point to select in the "Connectivity" menu.

Thanks for reading.

Feedback Score
    You really shouldn't blame a budget/low-cost MVNO for not being able to help with a non-standard phone.

Did you try looking at search results from a search like https://www.google.com/search?rls=co...+on+Nokia+3310 ? I don't know if that will help or not.

Feedback Score
    Google is REALLY an amazing search engine. You simply have to SEARCH! If the following doesn't work...keep searching!

You could try this from https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...ottom-comments :

It's kinda confusing, but you need two separate APN's for data and MMS on the 3310 3G.

Create one APN named "Red Pocket" and give it these settings (leaving all other settings alone):

Access point: RESELLER

DNS address: 0.0.0.0

Set this as your data APN through settings > connectivity > access points.

Create another named "Red Pocket MMS" with these settings (leaving all other settings alone):

Access point: RESELLER

Gateway: proxy.mobile.att.net

Port: 80

Set home page: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

DNS address: 0.0.0.0

Set this as your MMS APN through settings > system > messages > MMS > SIM access point.

Feedback Score
    By the way, for future reference for you or anyone else, the next time you need something from RP, use the RP Online Chat, NOT email, if you need quicker responses!

Feedback Score
    Thank you. I'd seen that reddit post before, but must have messed up the configuration the first time and forgotten all about it, because after trying it again I finally have working Internet and MMS. Thanks again.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    Honestly carriers should just support what they know, if they don't have setting for phone x, just say "we don't support it" why mislead the customer, no wonder they get the no better reputation than lawyers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by enverx View Post
    Thank you. I'd seen that reddit post before, but must have messed up the configuration the first time and forgotten all about it, because after trying it again I finally have working Internet and MMS. Thanks again.
    You're welcome.