Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can you port out a MINTSIM temporary phone number while in free 7 day trial?

Device(s)
    Iphone 7+ 128gb
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Can you port out a MINTSIM temporary phone number while in free 7 day trial?

Looking for alternative to the ebay tmobile prepaid phone number route recently I got a mintsim starter kit on amazon for a buck slated to be used for porting out for other carriers port in promos.. Does anyone know if its even possible to port one out while its in that 7 day trial? I haven't set up the trial account yet but how would you even get the data needed for porting from an account that doesn't ask for anything but an sim# and a zip code?

I also noticed there's 2 sims in the kit-- I understand WHY theres 2 sims-- I just want to know if I can use BOTH sims in the same manner... stick it in an iPhone-- activate for 7 day trial-- port out immediately....If so- I could port 2 lines using one kit bc there are 2 cards with 2 different sim card numbers..
    I just didnt want someone doing this for me!

Feedback Score
    I don't see what stops you from porting out.

Sent from my H1711 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdarch View Post
    Looking for alternative to the ebay tmobile prepaid phone number route recently I got a mintsim starter kit on amazon for a buck slated to be used for porting out for other carriers port in promos.. Does anyone know if its even possible to port one out while its in that 7 day trial? I haven't set up the trial account yet but how would you even get the data needed for porting from an account that doesn't ask for anything but an sim# and a zip code?

I also noticed there's 2 sims in the kit-- I understand WHY theres 2 sims-- I just want to know if I can use BOTH sims in the same manner... stick it in an iPhone-- activate for 7 day trial-- port out immediately....If so- I could port 2 lines using one kit bc there are 2 cards with 2 different sim card numbers..
    Saw this, recently:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/mintmobile/...terchangeable/
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Device(s)
    Iphone 7+ 128gb
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Thanks for that-- I expected it would work in 2 different phones bc I called the mint CS and asked how to activate and she said "take the card that says start your trial and use that sim to start"-- I told her I removed both cards and cant tell which one was in that slot to begin with... She then said-- just use either and it will start the trial... That meant to me these are essentially the same cards....

I dug this info up on mint sim porting--- haven't tried yet and dont know if it applies to the trial period

To port out- all I need is the account number (dial 611, choose from 2 options, then press 5 and it texts the account #) and pin (which is l4 of phone number)

If this is the case 2 portable numbers were .50 each vs 1 for about $5 on ebay… much better return.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7+ 128gb
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    FYI- successfully ported 2 lines today from 1 mint starter kits temporary phone numbers to xfinity-- activated mint this morning and ported out a few hours later- got account number by calling 1.888.777.0446 (mints parent company ultra) and hitting 1 and then 5 which within seconds of call end texts the account # to your mint phone.. as expected the pin is l4 of phone number--
    port took 5-7 mins per line
    Looked up my amazon order from prime day and it cost me $.01 shipped for the starter kit (thought it was $1) So 1 red cent to port 2 numbers!

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ha! Great!

Was xfinity having some sort of port in promo?

Device(s)
    Iphone 7+ 128gb
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    $150 per BYOD iPhone ported in...cancel lines after you get the visa...cost roughly $1.50 per
    Line per month with active sim in a drawer or data turned off on lines...X only charges for data >100mb per month- unlim talk and text is included. Must have home service to really make it worth it.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    GPz1100 hit the Triple Post Lottery!

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yay! This stupid site kept giving me errors posting and refresh the page didn't reflect the new post. Eventually I gave up, so odd that the posts now appear.

Between the ad blocker in firefox and adblocking/html inspection in sophos, I bet it doesn't play well with the ad scripts many sites. Oddly, this morning two posts posted just fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdarch View Post
    Thanks for that-- I expected it would work in 2 different phones bc I called the mint CS and asked how to activate and she said "take the card that says start your trial and use that sim to start"-- I told her I removed both cards and cant tell which one was in that slot to begin with... She then said-- just use either and it will start the trial... That meant to me these are essentially the same cards....

I dug this info up on mint sim porting--- haven't tried yet and dont know if it applies to the trial period

To port out- all I need is the account number (dial 611, choose from 2 options, then press 5 and it texts the account #) and pin (which is l4 of phone number)

If this is the case 2 portable numbers were .50 each vs 1 for about $5 on ebay… much better return.
    I tried this, and a recorded voice answers with mint mobile trial saying hang in there someone will be with you shortly message. no menu options to press. I waited till some answers and requested the the account and pin. I was told that no account number and pin is available on the mint 7 day trial.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    I tried this, and a recorded voice answers with mint mobile trial saying hang in there someone will be with you shortly message. no menu options to press. I waited till some answers and requested the the account and pin. I was told that no account number and pin is available on the mint 7 day trial.
    Same. Looks like they closed that loophole. You can't even do it by automated system either as it transfers you to an agent who will then say this is ultra and transfer you to mint

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't know about people who are active on a seven day trial, but I'm on a three-month plan, and I was able to get my account number for the first time using the automated system. I did not have to speak to a human.

See this reddit discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/mintmobile/...d_to_port_out/

This post was particularly pertinent:
    mb2707
    1 point ·
    1 hour ago

Not sure what you're talking about. Option 1 is to speak in English. Then, there's an Option 1 for existing "Ultra Wireless customers". The next menu after that has the Option 5 to get the account number. There is no need to ever press 0 for a rep.
    I pressed 1 for English, 1 for existing customer, entered my 10-digit phone number, 5 for get your account number, 4 for other, 3 for other, then it said goodbye, but if you don't hang up it will then say they're going to text your account number to your device. Then there's a brief 5-second survey, which is probably optional, but I answered it. About 20 seconds later, I got the text with my full 12-digit Mint account number.

A little confusing, but don't panic and stay persistent with the automated system. You can get your account number without talking to a person.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    I don't know about people who are active on a seven day trial, but I'm on a three-month plan, and I was able to get my account number for the first time using the automated system. I did not have to speak to a human.

See this reddit discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/mintmobile/...d_to_port_out/

This post was particularly pertinent:

I pressed 1 for English, 1 for existing customer, entered my 10-digit phone number, 5 for get your account number, 4 for other, 3 for other, then it said goodbye, but if you don't hang up it will then say they're going to text your account number to your device. Then there's a brief 5-second survey, which is probably optional, but I answered it. About 20 seconds later, I got the text with my full 12-digit Mint account number.

A little confusing, but don't panic and stay persistent with the automated system. You can get your account number without talking to a person.
    Yes after you enter in the phone number they transfer you to an agent if you are on the trial. There is no account number attached to trials apparently. An agent did say I could buy a plan, port out and then she would arrange for a refund for me. But not worth the hassle in case it messes up.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    Yes after you enter in the phone number they transfer you to an agent if you are on the trial. There is no account number attached to trials apparently. An agent did say I could buy a plan, port out and then she would arrange for a refund for me. But not worth the hassle in case it messes up.
    Did you get a new Mint number for your trial or did you port in for the trial? I wonder if that could make a difference in determining if or when an account number is assigned.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7+ 128gb
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    There definitely is an account number for trial customers.. they are lying to you. I did this a dozen times in the past. The automated loophole was closed for trials but I have been able to convince CSR to reveal it... be creative.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast