Thread: PAYGO account balance oddities.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

PAYGO account balance oddities.

Hi folks. I'm having some issues with my account, and I was hoping to get some insight. I've already tried Page Plus support, phone & chat, to no avail.

Background:
    Had a 3g phone (rooted HTC Incredible) on the Pay As You Go option, for years. The only times I'd have to buy a refill card was to extend the expiration date, not to cover the balance. I'm guessing my average cost was maybe $50 over 3-6 months. Phone started dying, so it was time to upgrade.

At the beginning of July, I switched to a 4g phone (Moto G5 Plus, not rooted). Got it activated & my number swapped from the 3g through chat, no issues. I also had quite a few increases to my account balance; from browsing here, it looks like I won the account lottery from charges being recalculated.

And the issue:
    My account balance is constantly going down, to the tune of about $5 per day. I've started tracking it when I get up & before I go to bed, and copying the call records from the Page Plus web site. According to that info, and the listed charges, I should have spent less than $10, instead of the $130 that my balance has dropped.

I have not rooted this phone, yet. I have Data Saver turned on, went through all the apps & turned off background data, set the Play Store to update only over wi-fi. I'm using NoRoot Firewall, and have everything except a few apps set to not use mobile, and am using GlassWire to monitor usage. It shows that my usage is about 50MB mobile & 500MB wi-fi, which seems accurate - the Page Plus site shows my mobile data usage to be pretty close.

Support is no help. They say my phone is the only device on my account, they do not have access to my usage records, and that the call records on the site are not accurate & are going to be removed at some point. The only option they gave me is to call the support line & open a ticket to get my call records sent to me.

I did turn my phone off overnight once, and the account balance did not go down. The only thing I can figure out is that there is something using data that is not being tracked by GlassWire, has no visible option to disable, and doesn't show up on my call records. Otherwise, there is a constant money drip. Heck, just in the past five hours, my account is down $0.86, and I haven't used my phone at all - GlassWire only shows 50KB usage by the Android System.

Anyone have any ideas, or have this issue as well? My only thought is to try rooting the phone.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I'm not familiar with GlassWire but I've always found the built-in Android data counter to be accurate with every carrier I've used. The counter is located at different places in Settings on different phones: Look for something like:
    Settings > Wireless & networks > Data usage
    or
    Settings > Wireless Networks > Data Manager
    With most phones you can set it to cover any one month period, some let to specify a period of any number of days.

If the Android data tracker confirms what GlassWire shows PagePlus is definitely overcharging. Maybe their system has detected the extra credit it gave you and is taking it back a little bit at a time hoping you won't notice.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Didn't think of checking that one. I just did, and it's showing 53.7MB to GlassWire's 52.8MB, so that's accurate. The only thing about the overcharging idea is that I didn't have any kind of charge when the phone was powered off.

Also, I talked with support about that, through live chat immediately when I noticed it, and then about a week later on a call. Both times, they said they didn't see anything, and not to worry about it. And there has been no charge on my credit card, so...

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    What is the data usage charge for LTE PAYGO ?

I have mobile data on my phone turned completely off, relying on (free) WiFi at home and at work. Even with that, I notice that PPC account info for me, shows that I am using 66KB about once a week. Just to add, with the "statement" function not working on their website, I have no idea if I am being charge for this, and if so, how much.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by walta View Post
    what is the data usage charge for lte paygo ?

I have mobile data on my phone turned completely off, relying on (free) wifi at home and at work. Even with that, i notice that ppc account info for me, shows that i am using 66kb about once a week. Just to add, with the "statement" function not working on their website, i have no idea if i am being charge for this, and if so, how much.
    $0.05 / mb