Thread: can a g5 on tmobile be used for red pocket verizon

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score

can a g5 on tmobile be used for red pocket verizon

friends mom died and she was always on her plan and her mom paid for it. they had a samsung s7 with a high balance but the g5 has just 20 bucks left to pay on it.

so can she pay the 20 bucks on the g5 then ask them to unlock it then she can transfer to red pocket verizon service? tmobile sucks in her area but since her mom paid for it she dealt with it but we know verizon was good when she had it in her rural area.

but if that is locked to tmobile network, could she at least get red pocket for tmobile if she cannot get the verizon

i found a red pocket 21 month plan for 250 on amazon that would work for her.

the amazon deal says :Optional FREE Starter Kit, containing 1 Univeral GSMA SIM, 1 Dual Cut GSMT SIM and 1 Universal CDMA SIM included in the price

so i'm assuming that would enable her to use tmobile or verizon depending on your answer above, but wanted to confirm it

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score

can a g5 on tmobile be used for red pocket verizon

Quote Originally Posted by luckydriver View Post
    friends mom died and she was always on her plan and her mom paid for it. they had a samsung s7 with a high balance but the g5 has just 20 bucks left to pay on it.

so can she pay the 20 bucks on the g5 then ask them to unlock it then she can transfer to red pocket verizon service? tmobile sucks in her area but since her mom paid for it she dealt with it but we know verizon was good when she had it in her rural area.

but if that is locked to tmobile network, could she at least get red pocket for tmobile if she cannot get the verizon

i found a red pocket 21 month plan for 250 on amazon that would work for her.
    Verizon won’t work. T-Mobile is a GSM Cartier. Verizon is CDMA. If it works it would be data only no calls no texts.

Yes it will work with GSMT or GSMA if unlocked It should work on GSMT without being unlocked though.

Sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    thanks so if she pays the 20 then what. i never went through the unlock procedure before. is it just a call to pay the 20 then ask?

i know you said will work if locked still on tmobile but isnt it better to get it unlocked for other future options or is that pointless?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    thanks so if she pays the 20 then what. i never went through the unlock procedure before. is it just a call to pay the 20 then ask?

i know you said will work if locked still on tmobile but isnt it better to get it unlocked for other future options or is that pointless?
    It’s always better to get it unlocked. There’s an app called unlock that’s preinstalled on the phone. You just open it and press unlock (make sure you have an active sim and or connected to WiFi when you do this )

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    wow is it that easy. pretty cool. ok so id pay the 20 bucks for her then she would use that unlock app and then buy the redpocket package on amazon then good to go, correct?

so which chip would she use then once unlocked? is ATT GSMA and tmobile gsmt?

Optional FREE Starter Kit, containing 1 Univeral GSMA SIM, 1 Dual Cut GSMT SIM and 1 Universal CDMA SIM included in the price

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I think you need to check on the RP plan you're referencing. I see no 21 month RP plan on Amazon. I see a $249, 360 day plan. But for $6 more, I would definitely recommend the $255, 360 day plan. RP also sells different 360 day plans on eBay, that she should also check and consider.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Regarding the question about which network, if the device is unlocked, I would recommend AT&T for the larger native network coverage.

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    att sucks in her rural town. i had her on TF verizon before and it was good
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FKXMGZ1...&pd_rd_w=fsM41

Feedback Score
    att sucks in her rural town. i had her on TF verizon before and it was good
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FKXMGZ1...&pd_rd_w=fsM41
    That is not 21 months. It's $21 per month. Look at the picture; it says "360 days"

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by der_lizzard View Post
    That is not 21 months. It's $21 per month. Look at the picture; it says "360 days"
    Yes, I already posted that info above. Like it said, it's 360 days. not 21 months.

I don't know if luckydriver realizes that yet or not.

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    ok this is weird. friend said yesterday they turned off her service and she was playing around and found the unlock app and it said temporary or permanent and she said she choose permanent. does this make any sense. how could you unlock a phone that was turned off?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ok this is weird. friend said yesterday they turned off her service and she was playing around and found the unlock app and it said temporary or permanent and she said she choose permanent. does this make any sense. how could you unlock a phone that was turned off?

And what happened when she chose permanent? Did it say successful? The phone doesn’t need to be active to be unlocked..