Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Simple Choice Prepaid Mobile Internet Unl Data w/ 2GB 4G LTE for $10/mo.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    Does this work International like the other TMO plans that are pretty slow but work in a lot more countries than just Canada and Mexico ?

Thanks for the info
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    Does this work International like the other TMO plans that are pretty slow but work in a lot more countries than just Canada and Mexico ?

Thanks for the info
    There's no free slow international roaming with T-Mobile Prepaid plans, only postpaid.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    I just read elsewhere that Tmobile won't activate a phone with this sim.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    Yes it will work in a phone.

You probably have to ask a rep about if you can retain your phone number.

But why not create a new plan/account for the data plan and port your existing number to Google voice or some other free service?
    I'm seeing it works in a phone and seeing it doesn't work in a phone. It's come up in this general prepaid thread. Maybe you can weigh with more detail? I want to put it on a phone that I am mainly on wifi with but get a couple of GB for use off wifi and use GV beta or Hangouts.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ta-only-option

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4, Samsung J7 Neo.
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Page Plus, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    I'm seeing it works in a phone and seeing it doesn't work in a phone. It's come up in this general prepaid thread. Maybe you can weigh with more detail? I want to put it on a phone that I am mainly on wifi with but get a couple of GB for use off wifi and use GV beta or Hangouts.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ta-only-option
    I used my $10 2GB plan in a Metro Moto E5 plus with no problems.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I used my $10 2GB plan in a Metro Moto E5 plus with no problems.
    Thanks. I'm convinced the couple of people saying it doesn't are an aberration.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Signed up for this on Dec 31. They said the sim would ship that day. I received an order confirmation number. I was charged instantly. They gave me a phone number that would be associated with the account. I set up a pin number. The system instantly recognized both the phone number and pin number.

Status - no sim received.

I call and ask where the sim is? Looking for a tracking number.

They keep asking me for a phone number so they can activate the sim. No one there appears to speak/understand English. I am not their target customer.

Tmobile reps after 1 hour on the phone now say ordered was canceled. Yet they billed me. No email telling me the order was placed or canceled.

Now I remember why I stopped dealing with Tmobile.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Signed up for this on Dec 31. They said the sim would ship that day. I received an order confirmation number. I was charged instantly. They gave me a phone number that would be associated with the account. I set up a pin number. The system instantly recognized both the phone number and pin number.

Status - no sim received.

I call and ask where the sim is? Looking for a tracking number.

They keep asking me for a phone number so they can activate the sim. No one there appears to speak/understand English. I am not their target customer.

Tmobile reps after 1 hour on the phone now say ordered was canceled. Yet they billed me. No email telling me the order was placed or canceled.

Now I remember why I stopped dealing with Tmobile.
    Yeah, sadly there's a night and day difference between the T-Mo's (excellent) postpaid and (utter crap) prepaid customer service departments. I've been with T-Mo almost two decades now (since the "Voicestream" days) so whenever I get crappy CS on the prepaid side, I can call postpaid CS and tell them to find someone to light a fire under someone's a** on the prepaid side for me and get my issue fixed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Yeah, sadly there's a night and day difference between the T-Mo's (excellent) postpaid and (utter crap) prepaid customer service departments. I've been with T-Mo almost two decades now (since the "Voicestream" days) so whenever I get crappy CS on the prepaid side, I can call postpaid CS and tell them to find someone to light a fire under someone's a** on the prepaid side for me and get my issue fixed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    They told me in broken English that the order was placed through an 'old system' or a 'new system'. So I ask them to redo the order and set it up for me correctly and the response was that I should go to a store. I could barely understand a word they were saying.

Chat support would at least allow me to see what they believe they are saying and to document it at my end.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3