Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Simple Choice Prepaid Mobile Internet Unl Data w/ 2GB 4G LTE for $10/mo.

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    415
    Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does this work International like the other TMO plans that are pretty slow but work in a lot more countries than just Canada and Mexico ?

    Thanks for the info
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,925
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    Does this work International like the other TMO plans that are pretty slow but work in a lot more countries than just Canada and Mexico ?

    Thanks for the info
    There's no free slow international roaming with T-Mobile Prepaid plans, only postpaid.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,514
    Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just read elsewhere that Tmobile won't activate a phone with this sim.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,514
    Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    Yes it will work in a phone.

    You probably have to ask a rep about if you can retain your phone number.

    But why not create a new plan/account for the data plan and port your existing number to Google voice or some other free service?
    I'm seeing it works in a phone and seeing it doesn't work in a phone. It's come up in this general prepaid thread. Maybe you can weigh with more detail? I want to put it on a phone that I am mainly on wifi with but get a couple of GB for use off wifi and use GV beta or Hangouts.

    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ta-only-option

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,241
    Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    I'm seeing it works in a phone and seeing it doesn't work in a phone. It's come up in this general prepaid thread. Maybe you can weigh with more detail? I want to put it on a phone that I am mainly on wifi with but get a couple of GB for use off wifi and use GV beta or Hangouts.

    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ta-only-option
    I used my $10 2GB plan in a Metro Moto E5 plus with no problems.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,514
    Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I used my $10 2GB plan in a Metro Moto E5 plus with no problems.
    Thanks. I'm convinced the couple of people saying it doesn't are an aberration.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,514
    Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    0
    Signed up for this on Dec 31. They said the sim would ship that day. I received an order confirmation number. I was charged instantly. They gave me a phone number that would be associated with the account. I set up a pin number. The system instantly recognized both the phone number and pin number.

    Status - no sim received.

    I call and ask where the sim is? Looking for a tracking number.

    They keep asking me for a phone number so they can activate the sim. No one there appears to speak/understand English. I am not their target customer.

    Tmobile reps after 1 hour on the phone now say ordered was canceled. Yet they billed me. No email telling me the order was placed or canceled.

    Now I remember why I stopped dealing with Tmobile.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,434
    Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Signed up for this on Dec 31. They said the sim would ship that day. I received an order confirmation number. I was charged instantly. They gave me a phone number that would be associated with the account. I set up a pin number. The system instantly recognized both the phone number and pin number.

    Status - no sim received.

    I call and ask where the sim is? Looking for a tracking number.

    They keep asking me for a phone number so they can activate the sim. No one there appears to speak/understand English. I am not their target customer.

    Tmobile reps after 1 hour on the phone now say ordered was canceled. Yet they billed me. No email telling me the order was placed or canceled.

    Now I remember why I stopped dealing with Tmobile.
    Yeah, sadly there's a night and day difference between the T-Mo's (excellent) postpaid and (utter crap) prepaid customer service departments. I've been with T-Mo almost two decades now (since the "Voicestream" days) so whenever I get crappy CS on the prepaid side, I can call postpaid CS and tell them to find someone to light a fire under someone's a** on the prepaid side for me and get my issue fixed.



    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,514
    Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Yeah, sadly there's a night and day difference between the T-Mo's (excellent) postpaid and (utter crap) prepaid customer service departments. I've been with T-Mo almost two decades now (since the "Voicestream" days) so whenever I get crappy CS on the prepaid side, I can call postpaid CS and tell them to find someone to light a fire under someone's a** on the prepaid side for me and get my issue fixed.



    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    They told me in broken English that the order was placed through an 'old system' or a 'new system'. So I ask them to redo the order and set it up for me correctly and the response was that I should go to a store. I could barely understand a word they were saying.

    Chat support would at least allow me to see what they believe they are saying and to document it at my end.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    842
    Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lonnold View Post
    Good luck trying to manage that plan. I gave up on T-Mobile. After months of frustration, I dropped T-Mobile, went to Mint mobile, signed up, have had no problems accessing my account on their website.
    What do you pay for Mint? How is coverage? They are MVNO of T-Mobile right?

    Are people having issues activating this plan in a phone? Can you use an old sim? I have a few t-mobile sims. One was used for the 20mmb free but havent used it in ages
    .

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    842
    Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can you activate this plan initially in a phone? Or do you need to activate in tablet then switch sim to phone?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    380
    Device(s)
    Moto Z Play, Moto Z2 Force, Blackberry Z10
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    The T-Mobile Simple Choice Prepaid Mobile Internet plan can be activated on a phone and used on a phone. That's how I did it.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    842
    Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstu View Post
    The T-Mobile Simple Choice Prepaid Mobile Internet plan can be activated on a phone and used on a phone. That's how I did it.
    Thanks. I'd rather do the 5gb for $10 that last 5 months but I do not have an Ipad wifi tablet to try and activate it on

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    842
    Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got it activated but does not seem to be working well. The APN should be fast.t-mobile.com? Any settings to change ?

    Download 8.91, upload 0.02 Its really crappy. s8+ unlocked
    Last edited by jmsilver99; 06-06-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 89
    Last Post: 02-25-2016, 06:30 PM
  2. Rogers Navigate Mobile Internet vs. Data Plan
    By CSKW in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 11:09 AM
  3. High Speed Prepaid Mobile Internet Access
    By merichel in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 07:43 PM
  4. Difference between mobile Internet vs Data
    By infinii in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2005, 06:22 PM
  5. Prepaid Mobile internet
    By razor7 in forum Fido
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 11:13 PM

Bookmarks