Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Turn off Visual Voicemail

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Gone are the days of good help at Tracfone Facebook and Tracfone Forum. You will be redirected to the Chat folks. It seems that the smartphone revolution has made things so complicated that it's better for Tracfone to have a one-stop-shop for service. Then the help can be in one place with everybody working together instead of monitoring multiple platforms. I don't know why they keep the Forum alive any more. Those agents and the Facebook agents used to just quit in the afternoon in the middle of helping you. Sorry, quitting time!

So Chat has been developed in order to have a main thing. Although it is kind of a sweat shop where the agents don't know much, but they are required to be polite and at least try. Since they don't know much, they don't have much of a toolbox, in order to minimize the damage.

Going up the chain of command is sometimes necessary and will usually be helpful. I have gone as far as the Better Business Bureau. The Tracfone agents who respond will usually be with-it.

I know that Chat can be nerve-wracking because they think everyone can speed-type and have all the info ready to go and intelligible. There is a kind of pressure like on a game show, in my opinion. Sometimes I start out by telling them to bear with me, I'm slow, and that helps stop the nagging. There isn't the nice separate Forum/Facebook messaging back and forth anymore where you can collect your thoughts.

If you would rather talk to someone, there are options for that.
    Yeah, but the problem is I have not found a chat agent who can help. None of them know how to correct the Visual Voicemail issue. Apparently, from the previous posts, there is something they can do to fix it, but none of the Tracfone agents seem to know that. I just wish that someone here could explain the process so I can explain it to them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rabble58 View Post
    Yeah, but the problem is I have not found a chat agent who can help. None of them know how to correct the Visual Voicemail issue. Apparently, from the previous posts, there is something they can do to fix it, but none of the Tracfone agents seem to know that. I just wish that someone here could explain the process so I can explain it to them.
    You never stated what your particular VVM problem is. Do you want to get it working properly or turn it off?

Feedback Score
    Thread is not updating properly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Thread is not updating properly.
    HoFo has been having interference problems, and not all things are working as they should.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    You never stated what your particular VVM problem is. Do you want to get it working properly or turn it off?

Sorry. I want to turn it off. No reason to use data every time I get a voicemail.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Sorry. I want to turn it off. No reason to use data every time I get a voicemail.
    But data is quite affordable now.

Feedback Score
    Plus VVM data use is peanuts. I use PP PayGo and am very guarded about using data. But have no issue quickly turning it on to get a VVM.
    If you choose to, if you get a VVM notice you don't need to turn data on and download it. Just go into your standard dialup VM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Plus VVM data use is peanuts. I use PP PayGo and am very guarded about using data. But have no issue quickly turning it on to get a VVM.
    If you choose to, if you get a VVM notice you don't need to turn data on and download it. Just go into your standard dialup VM.
    You will get the message download the next time data is turned on if it's still on the VM server. It will not if you erase it first on the server using *86.

Fully agree about the low cost of using VVM compared to calling on *86. Lots easier, faster, and you can easily play the message as long as you want without further cost.

Feedback Score
    You will get the message download the next time data is turned on if it's still on the VM server. It will not if you erase it first on the server using *86.

Fully agree about the low cost of using VVM compared to calling on *86. Lots easier, faster, and you can easily play the message as long as you want without further cost.

If you delete it in VVM, does it delete it from the server, or still need to erase on *86 ? If it's not from someone I know I just delete it in VVM and never download it.

Even when I want to listen I turn on data and need to then start/download; it didn't start on it's on. I once kept one I didn't want to listen too there instead of deleting it in VVM. Later I got one I wanted and turned on data and started it. The other one I didn't delete didn't also download into my phone somewhere did it? I thought even if I turned data on and as long as I didn't hit start to listen to a it, it wouldn't download. Have I been wrong, or is it maybe app specific? I'm using a Moto E4 and the VVM part of the resident dialer app. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    If you delete it in VVM, does it delete it from the server, or still need to erase on *86 ? If it's not from someone I know I just delete it in VVM and never download it.

Even when I want to listen I turn on data and need to then start/download; it didn't start on it's on. I once kept one I didn't want to listen too there instead of deleting it in VVM. Later I got one I wanted and turned on data and started it. The other one I didn't delete didn't also download into my phone somewhere did it? I thought even if I turned data on and as long as I didn't hit start to listen to a it, it wouldn't download. Have I been wrong, or is it maybe app specific? I'm using a Moto E4 and the VVM part of the resident dialer app. Thanks.
    If you see a message in VVM, it has already downloaded with the data charge. From what I understand there are 2 servers which talk to each other, and you can erase from either one.

Later model Motos (at least unlocked ones) use the VVM feature in the stock Android dialer. There is a VVM app for Verizon service, but you don't need it.

Feedback Score
    If you see a message in VVM, it has already downloaded with the data charge. From what I understand there are 2 servers which talk to each other, and you can erase from either one.
    Thanks. But I don't have data turned on when I get the notice. When I get the notice and still don't have data on, I go into VVM to see who's it's from first. I don't turn data on until I see who it's from and if I know them. And even then I can't play it until I turn data on.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. But I don't have data turned on when I get the notice. When I get the notice and still don't have data on, I go into VVM to see who's it's from first. I don't turn data on until I see who it's from and if I know them. And even then I can't play it until I turn data on.
    Don't think I ever tested if you can you can see that a message is pending download in VVM with data off. Does it tell you to turn on data? I can't test this right now because my backup phone has run out of service. Does not matter, as my data is always on.

Feedback Score
    Don't think I ever tested if you can you can see that a message is pending download in VVM with data off. Does it tell you to turn on data? I can't test this right now because my backup phone has run out of service. Does not matter, as my data is always on.
    It doesn't tell me to turn data on. Just the number that called on the VVM screen. If I hit play with data off nothing plays. It will only play with data on. I've never tried to replay after I turned data off to see if it's still on my phone from a download. I'll test next time, but I rarely get any VM anyway.

Feedback Score
    I've never tried to replay after I turned data off to see if it's still on my phone from a download. I'll test next time, but I rarely get any VM anyway.
    Once downloaded, you can play the audio file anytime. You can also send them to various places. I sent one to an email account, downloaded it, than played it on the computer. Phone cell data off, using WiFi. Sounds fine.

Feedback Score
    I never turn my data on unless I need internet service and there's no Wifi. I do not want to turn on data just to listen to Voicemail. It's a complete waste of my data minutes.
    According to earlier posts on this thread there IS a way for Tracfone to turn it off and I have not found a chat agent who knows this. I just want to know how to get someone at Tracfone to take care of this.
    It is very important to me since I only use data when I absolutely have to and want to conserve as much as possible.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast