Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Turn off Visual Voicemail

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    No response from Tracfone Larry or anyone at twitter.. I sent TF Larry another reply this morning, will see if I hear anything from anybody..

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    TracFone Larry's responses seem to be typical from the script boilerplate things. Phrasing it like, here's something you could check out to solve your problem, like he's not even responding in the first person, or himself! Hilarious!

TracFone and divisions have such a great market position and serve so many people. If they would just get beyond this hands-off automated level of customer service and start communicating fixes, internally as well as with those they are being contacted by, they would up their stock to people immensely, get problems solved quickly, and word of mouth would gain them many more customers.

How could they lose by doing this?

Device(s)
    TF iPhone SE, Tracfone iPhone 6S, TF Samsung Luna Pro
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    TracFone Larry's responses seem to be typical from the script boilerplate things. Phrasing it like, here's something you could check out to solve your problem, like he's not even responding in the first person, or himself! Hilarious!

TracFone and divisions have such a great market position and serve so many people. If they would just get beyond this hands-off automated level of customer service and start communicating fixes, internally as well as with those they are being contacted by, they would up their stock to people immensely, get problems solved quickly, and word of mouth would gain them many more customers.

How could they lose by doing this?
    Yeah that's true, however when they send a PM, then it can be personalized and a little less scripty depending.
    It could be a lot better. I sent you a PM bigbw.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    Yeah that's true, however when they send a PM, then it can be personalized and a little less scripty depending.
    It could be a lot better. I sent you a PM bigbw.
    Got your PM, thanks.. I have some things I have to do today.. May give calling a shot if there are no responses when I get back..

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Well, just tried chat again with no luck. I DID manage to get a phone number and pin from the agent (they said they are level three support but didn't succeed in changing VVM to basic VM). The phone number given to me wasn't the same one listed in post #59. I'm going to try calling tomorrow. I'll let you all know the results, good or bad.

Stay tuned...!
    Roadtrip

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    Well, just tried chat again with no luck. I DID manage to get a phone number and pin from the agent (they said they are level three support but didn't succeed in changing VVM to basic VM). The phone number given to me wasn't the same one listed in post #59. I'm going to try calling tomorrow. I'll let you all know the results, good or bad.

Stay tuned...!
    Good luck!
    Last edited by lappers; 07-29-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    How many new sims have you activated/have you tried activating a new sim recently for the line that doesn't now have VVM?
    None on the line in question.

It's in the plans, but a simpler, more straight forward route would be nice.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 07-29-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I guess TF is closed for the day.. I got some replys on Twitter, but I had to leave for a while, now nothing for the past 3 hours.. Maybe will hear from them tomorrow..

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    I guess TF is closed for the day.. I got some replys on Twitter, but I had to leave for a while, now nothing for the past 3 hours.. Maybe will hear from them tomorrow..
    You now have the pin, so call any phone number that might get you to the right level of expertise.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score

Stay tuned...!

I think you had mentioned in some thread a while ago what you heard on your Verizon voicemail settings menu and it sounded different than the normal Voicemail menu tree structure which should include a #4 personal options in the main menu according to various Verizon material. If I'm wrong then ignore. But if that is true, your VM may have a more fundamental issue that needs to be examined.

Make sure that Voicemail is set up (did you *86 and set a greeting and password/pin for your voicemail?) and maybe leave yourself a test voicemail message then check the voicemail (*86) and the settings in the voicemail. Once you get past dealing with any voicemails (deleting them etc), you should have a "to change your personal options, press 4" in the main menu that follows and if basic vm is active on account it should have a # 1 option in it which states to turn message indicator on or off or notifications on/off (something like that). If you don't have a #4 personal options in the main menu of the Verizon voicemail to begin with, then maybe it needs to be reset first or looked at further - I assume. My actual in reality experience with all of this interacting with VM is with a Samsung Android phone.

Some Verizon Voicemail related material:

Menu tree one (various locations)
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/...t/pdf/VM_2.pdf

Menu tree two (various locations)
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/...ructions_3.pdf

(There is another version of menu tree two that actually states "Basic VM only" next to the #1 option)

According to this, prompts may vary by device, location and plan:
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...se-voice-mail/

Also note:

"If you have Visual Voicemail, the Voicemail Notification option listed in the guides below as 4. Personal Options > 1. Message Waiting Indicator On/Off or Notification On/Off is not available"
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...ge-base-21683/

If the voicemail menu reflects the Verizon info, and I'm assuming that it should, then I would try to get VVM removed and basic vm activated. Just a suggestion.

(I also disabled permissions and notifications and cleared data on my VVM app on my TF Samsung Luna Pro - settings/applications/voicemail - doing so won't change sim settings or remove VVM since only TF support can do that, but I did that just to take it out of the picture just in case it being active may exert an influence however minor or otherwise counter to what I want - which is basic vm and its notifications.)
    Last edited by lappers; 07-30-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    You now have the pin, so call any phone number that might get you to the right level of expertise.
    Huh, I don't have a pin.. Think you have me confused with roadtrip

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    I think you had mentioned in some thread a while ago what you heard on your Verizon voicemail settings menu and it sounded different than the normal Voicemail menu tree structure which should include a #4 personal options in the main menu according to various Verizon material. If I'm wrong then ignore. But if that is true, your VM may have a more fundamental issue that needs to be examined.

Make sure that Voicemail is set up (did you *86 and set a greeting and password/pin for your voicemail?) and maybe leave yourself a test voicemail message then check the voicemail (*86) and the settings in the voicemail. Once you get past dealing with any voicemails (deleting them etc), you should have a "to change your personal options, press 4" in the main menu that follows and if basic vm is active on account it should have a # 1 option in it which states to turn message indicator on or off or notifications on/off (something like that). If you don't have a #4 personal options in the main menu of the Verizon voicemail to begin with, then maybe it needs to be reset first or looked at further - I assume. My actual in reality experience with all of this interacting with VM is with a Samsung Android phone.

Some Verizon Voicemail related material:

Menu tree one (various locations)
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/...t/pdf/VM_2.pdf

Menu tree two (various locations)
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/...ructions_3.pdf

(There is another version of menu tree two that actually states "Basic VM only" next to the #1 option)

According to this, prompts may vary by device, location and plan:
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...se-voice-mail/

Also note:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...ge-base-21683/

If the voicemail menu reflects the Verizon info, and I'm assuming that it should, then I would try to get VVM removed and basic vm activated. Just a suggestion.

(I also disabled permissions and notifications and cleared data on my VVM app on my TF Samsung Luna Pro - settings/applications/voicemail - doing so won't change sim settings or remove VVM since only TF support can do that, but I did that just to take it out of the picture just in case it being active may exert an influence however minor or otherwise counter to what I want - which is basic vm and its notifications.)
    I have "personal options press 4" but I don't have option #1 regarding voicemail notification. All I can do is change my password and change the language. My voicemail works if I dial into it, whether I press *86 or click the VM icon or hold down 1 on the keypad. What I don't want to do is call in to find out if I have any voicemails, and I don't want to activate cellular data just to check if there's a notification and then turn cellular data off. This shouldn't be this hard

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have "personal options press 4" but I don't have option #1 regarding voicemail notification. All I can do is change my password and change the language. My voicemail works if I dial into it, whether I press *86 or click the VM icon or hold down 1 on the keypad. What I don't want to do is call in to find out if I have any voicemails, and I don't want to activate cellular data just to check if there's a notification and then turn cellular data off. This shouldn't be this hard
    So that's good - all you have to do now is contact them and get them to get rid of VVM and enable basic voicemail. When they do it, the #1 option will instantly appear (that's how you can quickly know it was done) and you will receive basic New Voicemail notifications when you get a voicemail and you will be golden.

Just give them a few calls with the pin and get someone who will do it. Say I do not want visual voicemail on my account. I want basic voicemail. Please remove VVM and activate basic vm. Give them your phone number and they will look into your account/sim.
    Last edited by lappers; 07-30-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I don't have option 1 either, but i get a txt message whenever somebody leaves me a VM, or when I go to VM and change anything..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    I don't have option 1 either, but i get a txt message whenever somebody leaves me a VM, or when I go to VM and change anything..
    That's because you have VVM enabled on your account but don't have a VVM app on your phone.

Solution: Get a VVM app (to stop texts) or call in and get VVM removed from account and basic voicemail activated.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast