Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Turn off Visual Voicemail

Device(s)
    TF iPhone SE, Tracfone iPhone 6S, TF Samsung Luna Pro
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    I tried the twitter thing, nothing back so far. I do not have the #1 option in my VM setup.. I would like to get it fixed simply because I like things to work the way they are supposed to.. If I really want VVM, I can get it via google voice..
    I hear you I feel the same way. I made a post in that tracfone forum thread too... maybe this can help encourage Larry to make an appearance so he can give you the phone and reference number referral..
    Last edited by lappers; 07-27-2018 at 04:28 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    I hear you I feel the same way. I made a post in that tracfone forum thread too... maybe this can help encourage Larry to make an appearance so he can give you the phone and reference number referral..
    I still can't register for an account at Tracfoneforum.com because of the CAPTCHA V1 issue. If Larry contacts anyone here PLEASE add my name to the contact list! I don't want or need VVM.
    Roadtrip

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried the twitter thing, nothing back so far. I do not have the #1 option in my VM setup.. I would like to get it fixed simply because I like things to work the way they are supposed to.. If I really want VVM, I can get it via google voice..
    You could also try responding back to the first thread you did on the TF forum regarding the Voicemail Issue. Tell her you tried getting it resolved on the phone but it did not help (I assume you did). And as you said you already tried the chat and that did not help. Say please refer me to the higher level tier three support group or the corporate office so you can get VVM changed to Basic VM like others have done.

Something like that. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by lappers; 07-27-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I actually got a reply from twitter.. I was doing a twitter conversation with April.. She tried resetting my voice mail, and that reset my password.. I tried to login to VM too many times and got shut out for an hour, so we had to end the conversation.. When I got back into my VM, resetting did not do any good, and by this time they were closed for the night.. I sent them a message that it did not work, we shall see if I get any kind of response tomorrow..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I actually got a reply from twitter.. I was doing a twitter conversation with April.. She tried resetting my voice mail, and that reset my password.. I tried to login to VM too many times and got shut out for an hour, so we had to end the conversation.. When I got back into my VM, resetting did not do any good, and by this time they were closed for the night.. I sent them a message that it did not work, we shall see if I get any kind of response tomorrow..
    Yeah resetting VM is not going to work and that's one thing they will try even in the online chat. If they suggest a phone reset don't bother since its a lot of work and it doesn't work. What she needs to do is remove VVM from the account and make sure basic voicemail is selected for the account (in my experience getting it done twice).

She may not have that capability. You can also send her a link to that thread in the TF forum via copy/paste to show how it was solved. That's good though that you got some action going on. Hope it leads to getting it fixed. If she can't do it maybe she can refer you to tier three support.

The reason I suggest following up in that thread on the forum is because that particular rep Amber seems to be active on the forum as far as I can tell in terms of last activity. So you might get the better phone number/pin from her if you keep up with her. I have a feeling if you get that number/reference pin and really pursue you will get your VVM changed to basic voicemail. Good luck.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A few last suggestions based on my own experience.

If the twitter person can't help and she gives a higher support phone number/pin or you get it from the TF forum, when you call, do so from a different phone than the one with the VVM issue. Do this because you may need to turn that VVM phone on and off when you talk to them and you also want easy access to the voicemail on it to check their work in real time by doing *86 and looking for the #1 option under personal options after they have attempted removing VVM. I suppose this suggestion is obvious but I mention it anyway.

If they get rid of VVM and enable basic voicemail, you will know right way since the #1 option under personal options will instantly appear. You can also call that phone and leave a voicemail message and look for the basic New Voicemail notification to arrive. I don't even bother to check that till later but you can always do so just to double confirm.

I would also normally suggest before calling to go settings/applications/voicemail (VVM app) and turn off all permissions on it and notifications just to take that sucker out of the picture in terms of it being active on the phone. That's what I usually do anyway. But you don't have that VVM app so that doesn't apply in this case.

Finally, if after you call and say, "I need Visual Voicemail removed from my phone/account and basic voicemail enabled please, you get a rep who says, yes sir, this is a problem with your phone and the manufacturer.. just say okay thanks and try calling again. The response you are looking for is, yes sir, I will remove the VVM from your account just give me a minute. There shouldn't be any I'm not sure if I can do that or uncertainty about what you are asking. They should know what you are talking about and try to get it removed.

Again, all based on my experience. YMMV but thought I would offer this anyway. Hope that helps and good luck.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Now if only we could find a way to reliably get VVM turned on.

I have 2 lines, same phone. One has VVM the other doesn't. If I swap SIMs, VVM follows the SIM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post

I have 2 lines, same phone. One has VVM the other doesn't. If I swap SIMs, VVM follows the SIM.

I would try calling them (tier three/corporate office) and asking for it to be enabled on the account (the line/sim without it).

If they are able/willing to enable VVM on the account that has Basic Voicemail, it might bring VoLTE with it if the same account/sim doesn't have it enabled or affect it somehow - I don't know.

I got VoLTE enabled the other day on a friends Luna Pro Tracfone through calling in and it brought VVM with it (he had basic vm before) - then I had to call again and get VVM disabled and basic re-enabled since he disliked VVM after a short trial and the VoLTE stayed enabled. With both of our Luna Pro Tracfones now having VoLTE, I was then finally able to test for HD Voice between the phones and it worked.
    Last edited by lappers; 07-28-2018 at 03:21 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Lappers:
    Very thoughtful and considerate of you to hang around and supply this important information you have learned and figured out, over and over again. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Lappers:
    Very thoughtful and considerate of you to hang around and supply this important information you have learned and figured out, over and over again. Thanks!
    No problem! Thank you for the kind words.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post

How many new sims have you activated/have you tried activating a new sim recently for the line that doesn't now have VVM? Doesn't meet your reliability requirement but it might work!

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    A few last suggestions based on my own experience.

If the twitter person can't help and she gives a higher support phone number/pin or you get it from the TF forum, when you call, do so from a different phone than the one with the VVM issue. Do this because you may need to turn that VVM phone on and off when you talk to them and you also want easy access to the voicemail on it to check their work in real time by doing *86 and looking for the #1 option under personal options after they have attempted removing VVM. I suppose this suggestion is obvious but I mention it anyway.

If they get rid of VVM and enable basic voicemail, you will know right way since the #1 option under personal options will instantly appear. You can also call that phone and leave a voicemail message and look for the basic New Voicemail notification to arrive. I don't even bother to check that till later but you can always do so just to double confirm.

I would also normally suggest before calling to go settings/applications/voicemail (VVM app) and turn off all permissions on it and notifications just to take that sucker out of the picture in terms of it being active on the phone. That's what I usually do anyway. But you don't have that VVM app so that doesn't apply in this case.

Finally, if after you call and say, "I need Visual Voicemail removed from my phone/account and basic voicemail enabled please, you get a rep who says, yes sir, this is a problem with your phone and the manufacturer.. just say okay thanks and try calling again. The response you are looking for is, yes sir, I will remove the VVM from your account just give me a minute. There shouldn't be any I'm not sure if I can do that or uncertainty about what you are asking. They should know what you are talking about and try to get it removed.
    Again, all based on my experience. YMMV but thought I would offer this anyway. Hope that helps and good luck.

Thanks again for your help.. I don't have a VVM app on my phone, so impossible to make any changes.. I did finally hear from tracfone larry on the tf forums.. He just referred me to chat again.. I will and see if anybody on twitter gets back to me.. I did confirm that I don't have the #1 option under personal options in VM setup.. Funny that some of want it turned on and some want it turned off.. I just want a VM that works as it should.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    @bigbw:

The ability to have it/not have it (VVM or VoLTE) is something that should be easily configurable for users, and IS easy if you're a VZW postpaid customer.

I believe they can make settings adjustments either through a user account app on their phones, or going to their user account online, and toggle (at least VVM) easy-peasy.

The idea of this being a hard-set feature with no easy way to change for MVNO customers is really just part of the cheese factor. They could at least get their CSRs up to speed on it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks again for your help.. I don't have a VVM app on my phone, so impossible to make any changes.. I did finally hear from tracfone larry on the tf forums.. He just referred me to chat again.. I will and see if anybody on twitter gets back to me.. I did confirm that I don't have the #1 option under personal options in VM setup.. Funny that some of want it turned on and some want it turned off.. I just want a VM that works as it should.
    I think you gave a good answer to Larry so hopefully his next response is the right one which is the 1-866-806-1840 number with reference pin. If you look in my thread/s you'll see that like 3-5 times they did that to me - gave me the normal support page link - even though I think I explained it clearly that I did that already. So if it happens again and you get the normal support page link I'd recommend to just keep at it.
    Last edited by lappers; 07-28-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I posted about the Tracfone Forum captcha issue again. This time I got a response:
    https://www.tracfoneforum.com/viewto...=6192&t=570181

(that was exhausting)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast