Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Turn off Visual Voicemail

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    do a google search for "Verizon Visual Voicemail", one of the results will take you to the play store.. That is the only way I have been able to find it there..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    do a google search for "Verizon Visual Voicemail", one of the results will take you to the play store.. That is the only way I have been able to find it there..
    Did that search and what comes up is a VVM app on the Play Store made by Motorola. My last 2 phones are Motos and neither had the app installed. One a Verizon G4 Play, and the other an all carrier unlocked G5 Plus.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Did that search and what comes up is a VVM app on the Play Store made by Motorola. My last 2 phones are Motos and neither had the app installed. One a Verizon G4 Play, and the other an all carrier unlocked G5 Plus.
    Your right.. My current phone is a all carrier unlocked Moto G6 and I can't download the app.. Maybe you need a phone locked to VZ to download, not sure how the play store would know that though..

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I have tried to get the verizon VVM app, but play store says it is not compatible with any of my devices, thinking that might either give me a way to turn it off or make it work..
    Your device isn't in Verizon's compatibility list so the play store won't show it.

(If you said what device I missed it)

Normally it gets downloaded automatically on compatible devices when VVM is enabled, or it's built in on newer versions of Android (like O and N where it's integrated in the dialer.

You could try sideloading it.
    I may gave a copy if the KK app, but not sure if it requires OE framework (LG, Samsung, Motorola specific stuff).

Feedback Score
    Your right.. My current phone is a all carrier unlocked Moto G6 and I can't download the app.. Maybe you need a phone locked to VZ to download, not sure how the play store would know that though..
    VZW does not support unlocked phones very well. You can activate them, but not get all the goodies. Does your Moto G6 get VoLTE on TF/VZW? My G5 Plus does, but nothing else with Advanced Calling.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    VZW does not support unlocked phones very well. You can activate them, but not get all the goodies. Does you Moto G6 get VoLTE on TF/VZW? My G5 Plus does, but nothing else with Advanced Calling.
    Yes, I do get Volte.. I use google voice for Wifi calling when I need it, not sure about anything else..

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Your device isn't in Verizon's compatibility list so the play store won't show it.

(If you said what device I missed it)

Normally it gets downloaded automatically on compatible devices when VVM is enabled, or it's built in on newer versions of Android (like O and N where it's integrated in the dialer.

You could try sideloading it.
    I may gave a copy if the KK app, but not sure if it requires OE framework (LG, Samsung, Motorola specific stuff).
    I have tried sideloading it, but no luck.. I don't get a lot of VM's, so I am not too worried about it.. The text lets me know when I have one..

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I have tried sideloading it, but no luck.
    Did you try enabling it in the dialer
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...25&postcount=3

That what I use on my LG G2 in LOS 14.1/15.1 based ROM. But I couldn't get the Verizon apps to work in stock KK or LP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post

Examples are carrier unlocked devices like the Moto G5/G6. VZW is not going to give you any of their special features for these. They are in the business of selling phones, so the goodies are reserved for those devices. Generic Android may not have these features. My unlocked Moto G5 on TF/VZW does not have VVM, Video Calling, Wi-Fi Calling. May not have HD Voice either, even though it does VoLTE calling/text.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Examples are carrier unlocked devices like the Moto G5/G6. VZW is not going to give you any of their special features for these. They are in the business of selling phones, so the goodies are reserved for those devices. Generic Android may not have these features. My unlocked Moto G5 on TF/VZW does not have VVM, Video Calling, Wi-Fi Calling. May not have HD Voice either, even though it does VoLTE calling/text.
    Running LOS, crDroid, and AOSP is about as generic as it gets. No carrier specific features. It's just the android native services through a Google support all.

If VVM is active, it should work with the native services. The problem before was getting it enabled.

Verizon isn't really in the business of selling phones. They don't make much in them, contracts/payment plans are an added headache. They keep them to tie you in.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 07-24-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    I get a text every time somebody leaves me a VM.. Text comes from //vzwvvm and shows the number of who called me.. I have to call VM to get the actual message.
    Was your Moto G6 activated with a new number, or from a service transfer from a TracFone? I am wondering how you account got set up with VVM. With my recent service transfer to a Moto G5 Plus the Basic VM stayed. Wonder if VVM is the default on new activations?

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Was your Moto G6 activated with a new number, or from a service transfer from a TracFone? I am wondering how you account got set up with VVM. With my recent service transfer to a Moto G5 Plus the Basic VM stayed. Wonder if VVM is the default on new activations?
    Existing line. Transferring from a AT&T sim to a Verizon Sim.. voice mail works fine when I call in to get it.. I'm told you need a higher level TF support person to fix it, but so far no luck.. I might try and see if I can get directly to the portability dept..

Device(s)
    TF iPhone SE, Tracfone iPhone 6S, TF Samsung Luna Pro
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Existing line. Transferring from a AT&T sim to a Verizon Sim.. voice mail works fine when I call in to get it.. I'm told you need a higher level TF support person to fix it, but so far no luck.. I might try and see if I can get directly to the portability dept..
    If you are a member of the Tracfone Forum, maybe post in my thread here:

https://www.tracfoneforum.com/viewto...=6192&t=569927

Tell Tracfone Larry you have the same problem, you tried chat etc already and you need the same solution.
    Ask him to please refer you to the Tier three support group so they can disable VVM and enable basic voicemail. He may give you a phone number and pin. You'll have to call and explain and hope you get someone competent... maybe point them to that thread.

If they fix it you can tell right away/instantly (best to call them on another phone).

Just call your VM (*86) on the problem phone/sim and press #4 personal options in main menu. In that menu, if you don't have a #1 option then you have VVM enabled. If you do have a #1 option that states words to the effect of "to turn message indicator on or off/ or notifications on or off, then you have basic voicemail.

If you have basic voicemail you will then receive basic voicemail notifications (not "voicemail activity" notifications or texts) that usually state "New Voicemail". These can be pressed to auto dial and they auto clear after checking/deleting messages.

Of course, if you can now get it done 2 minutes in online chat then maybe give it a few tries first.

GL getting it fixed.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    If you are a member of the Tracfone Forum, maybe post in my thread here:

https://www.tracfoneforum.com/viewto...=6192&t=569927

Tell Tracfone Larry you have the same problem, you tried chat etc already and you need the same solution.
    Ask him to please refer you to the Tier three support group so they can disable VVM and enable basic voicemail. He may give you a phone number and pin. You'll have to call and explain and hope you get someone competent... maybe point them to that thread.

If they fix it you can tell right away/instantly (best to call them on another phone).

Just call your VM (*86) on the problem phone/sim and press #4 personal options in main menu. In that menu, if you don't have a #1 option then you have VVM enabled. If you do have a #1 option that states words to the effect of "to turn message indicator on or off/ or notifications on or off, then you have basic voicemail.

If you have basic voicemail you will then receive basic voicemail notifications (not "voicemail activity" notifications or texts) that usually state "New Voicemail". These can be pressed to auto dial and they auto clear after checking/deleting messages.

Of course, if you can now get it done 2 minutes in online chat then maybe give it a few tries first.

GL getting it fixed.
    Thanks.. I will give it a shot..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    Boo on me, I do have VVM! Don't have the #1 option in the Personal Options menu. What it gave me was a voicemail notification on the lock screen. I lost it, but it had the option of listening to the voicemail OR downloading the Motorola VVM app from the Play Store. Did not think of looking for the VM icon on the notification bar. Likely was missing.

It did install and could read a voicemail that had been saved on the VM server. Not worried about the small amountof data usage, as I don't get that many voicemails
    Last edited by loboheeler; 07-24-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast