Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Verizon Premium Streaming Throttled To 40 Mbps On Video ATM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

Also, nobody in this thread has been able to produce proof that it IS against Verizon's ToS to stream video while using a VPN… hmmmmm

And LMAOOOOO THESE MEMES ARE STALE AF. People haven't used Angry Jackie Chan since I was a KID
    You’re responding based on your emotions and how you feel. I’m not going to bother with you in this thread any longer. If you don’t like what a company is doing take your business elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    Cut your nose off to spite your face. Having to use a VPN is a rather mild inconvenience compared with having to switch to another provider, replacing all of your devices (if you want everything to work including wifi calling you pretty much have to IIUC), trying to find another carrier that even supports all the same device types (T-Mobile has no WHP offering so you can't move everything to them), dealing with the difference in coverage and speed then there is the general PITA that is porting your numbers to another carrier.

Or you can pay $7/mo and have 5 lines covered with VPN or better yet if you have a decent broadband connection at home (maybe you're one of those people with gigabit fiber?) you can just run your own VPN at home and route all your cell traffic through it and not have to pay anyone anything extra!

It's going to inconvenience you the customer a lot more to switch than it will Verizon, Verizon likely won't even notice you've left and certainly won't change their policies for anything less than several million switching customers and that's simply not going to happen.

Voting with your wallet isn't practical in this situation there are too many other factors involved.

Feedback Score
    was pulling 100-150 on this site just two days ago. Ookla is showing 56 down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    love to be willfully-obtuse about what a de-facto monopoly means, and that many, many people cannot have a functional cell phone unless they use Verizon
    Wrong. T-Mobiles network covers 99% of Verizon’s footprint. The vast majority do have another option according to their advertising!

Feedback Score

Verizon Premium Streaming Throttled To 40 Mbps On Video ATM

Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Wrong. T-Mobiles network covers 99% of Verizon’s footprint. The vast majority do have another option according to their advertising!
    That figure has to be off...and even if it’s true, the quality is not there. I can take you inside many many buildings with little to no service on T-mobile where Verizon and others have full service. Also many places on their map listed as “fair” where service doesn’t really exist for miles and miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Still waiting to see proof that it IS against Verizon’s TOS to steam video while using a VPN.

Feedback Score
    Still waiting to see proof that it IS against Verizon’s TOS to steam video while using a VPN.
    It can’t be...many many people have totally legitimate reasons to use a VPN. Our local spectrum agents have iPads on Verizon LTE with VPNs running for example. Iv always wondered how sprint can get away with limiting vpn use to 10GB a month.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    It can’t be...many many people have totally legitimate reasons to use a VPN. Our local spectrum agents have iPads on Verizon LTE with VPNs running for example. Iv always wondered how sprint can get away with limiting vpn use to 10GB a month.

What will end up happening is that Verizon will start limiting VPN use on consumer unlimited plans if people start excessively using VPN to circumvent their network management practices, and you might have to move to a business plan or something for unlimited VPN.

Feedback Score
    VPN only works against service based throttling. Verizon's line level deprioritization and line level throttling is still effective.

But yes they can start capping/throttling VPN use if they want but I think it's extremely unlikely at this point.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5