Thread: 800 Mhz deployment is finally coming to San Diego, Orange County & the Inland Empire

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

800 Mhz deployment is finally coming to San Diego, Orange County & the Inland Empire

By the end of 2018 800 Mhz will finally be deployed to hundreds of cell sites in So. California that previously wasn't eligible due to the Mexico border issue. While I had originally hoped that this process would have begun in 2016 as originally thought at least it's better late than never. Also the roaming agreement with T-Mobile is going to kick in a lot sooner than most of us probably think. I'm not going to give the date yet but it's not far off at all.
    Sprint user since 1997

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryt510 View Post
    By the end of 2018 800 Mhz will finally be deployed to hundreds of cell sites in So. California that previously wasn't eligible due to the Mexico border issue. While I had originally hoped that this process would have begun in 2016 as originally thought at least it's better late than never. Also the roaming agreement with T-Mobile is going to kick in a lot sooner than most of us probably think. I'm not going to give the date yet but it's not far off at all.

Not saying I don’t believe you but who told you it’ll be deployed by years end ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lance0823 View Post
    Not saying I don’t believe you but who told you it’ll be deployed by years end ?
    I wish I could show you my proof but I don't want to get in trouble.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryt510 View Post
    I wish I could show you my proof but I don't want to get in trouble.

Fair enough. It’s just nothing has been mentioned about it lately and usually something of this caliber and market would have made some noise by now. b26 is the only thing missing in SoCal to have a real good network. I could use that band at work very bad as roam inside but have fair LTE outside

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Awesome news Larry. Great update.

At this point is it worth going CDMA with the new 800 MHz radios in play or is the band two narrow to fit LTE?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

At this point is it worth going CDMA with the new 800 MHz radios in play or is the band two narrow to fit LTE?
    Looks old like 800mhz can support limited LTE channels but becomes congested quickly. Hopefully it covers the furthest subscribers and the higher frequencies cover the closer ones. Some folks on Reddit are complaining about B26 congestion however.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Looks old like 800mhz can support limited LTE channels but becomes congested quickly. Hopefully it covers the furthest subscribers and the higher frequencies cover the closer ones. Some folks on Reddit are complaining about B26 congestion however.

Seeing as I work in a remote area and have b25 on the closest tower which is 6 miles from my job. My outside coverage is fair but inside it’s one bar of 3G but sometimes roams. That B26 would give me stronger signal instantly inside my lab. Pls nobody really has Sprint at our location/job so capacity should be okay even on B26. Regardless B26 will help SoCal immensely

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

I'm going to send you a PM.