Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk Home Phone Service

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Netboy76 View Post
    Thank you for that Link... I never knew that existed... Looks like a few Walmarts around here still have a few left...

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk
    I know BrickSeek sometimes have the inventory wrong, but it is a good starts so you don't have to drive to every single Walmart in your area. I know it helps me because I live in the middle of a number Walmarts that are about an hour or more away in each direction.

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone know of a current source to get the ZTE Z723EL? Amazon and eBay don't show any at all. I need to switch a family member over from the CDMA device.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by music4praise View Post
    Does anyone know of a current source to get the ZTE Z723EL? Amazon and eBay don't show any at all. I need to switch a family member over from the CDMA device.
    The best way that I know of is using this link: https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=567593229

Feedback Score
    here - https://www.bonanza.com/listings/Zte...iABEgJZM_D_BwE

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    That is a GSM unlocked box and you can't use a BYOD SIM to that for the $15 per month.

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    The best way that I know of is using this link: https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=567593229
    None near me but it looks like there are some near where my son lives. I will have him check. Thanks for the tip.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    None near me but it looks like there are some near where my son lives. I will have him check. Thanks for the tip.
    Yea, I don't know what is going on with these home phone boxes because I still know of people with the old CDMA boxes, but they can't find one of the newer boxes too.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just got done talking to Straight Talk about their Straight Talk Home Phone Huawei H226C since I still know a few people with them still. This CSR said they knew Verizon is dropping their CDMA network, but here is the funny thing. The Straight Talk CSR said that the Straight Talk Huawei H226C home phone boxes will still work after the CDMA network is drop due to it not using data. I have the chat log still if someone wants me to post it and get a good laugh too.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't want to work for a Tracfone company on January 1 2020

"AT&T announced that its 2G wireless network was officially shut down on January 1, 2017, following four years of planning for its discontinuation. "

They probably thought this was a joke to. ..........

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As an alternative I found out that you can activate the Novatel T2000 home phone device, which is what Verizon is selling now, on Selectel for $17/month unlimited minutes. This plan is not listed on Selectel's website but the CSRs know about it and know how to activate it. I just mention this for anyone who isn't able to find the Straight Talk ZTE Z723EL to replace their CDMA home phone device. I will be testing the T2000 soon and will report my impressions to this thread in a month or so.

Feedback Score
    Not quite what this thread is about, but Ooma is a good home phone replacement if you have a good Internet connection. Magicjack is an even cheaper alternative, but the voice quality leaves much to be desired.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    As an alternative I found out that you can activate the Novatel T2000 home phone device, which is what Verizon is selling now, on Selectel for $17/month unlimited minutes. This plan is not listed on Selectel's website but the CSRs know about it and know how to activate it. I just mention this for anyone who isn't able to find the Straight Talk ZTE Z723EL to replace their CDMA home phone device. I will be testing the T2000 soon and will report my impressions to this thread in a month or so.
    I have been looking at this Novatel T2000 and trying my ZTE Z723EL's SIM in it and seeing if it works. I have been looking at Novatel T2000 because it runs off of USB, and I could pop it in a car a little easier since I have lots of USB car chargers still.

Feedback Score
    I am using a T2000 with a Tracfone (verizon) BYOP SIM , and it works just fine. The usage in our home (just my wife and I) is only about 200 min/mo, so financially Tracfone makes sense for us.

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I have been looking at this Novatel T2000 and trying my ZTE Z723EL's SIM in it and seeing if it works. I have been looking at Novatel T2000 because it runs off of USB, and I could pop it in a car a little easier since I have lots of USB car chargers still.
    Tracfone company SIMs are locked to a device so I will be very surprised if it works in a T2000.

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by penn462 View Post
    I am using a T2000 with a Tracfone (verizon) BYOP SIM , and it works just fine. The usage in our home (just my wife and I) is only about 200 min/mo, so financially Tracfone make sense for us.
    I think the key here is the BYOP SIM. Could you report on how reliable the T2000 is? The reviews are very mixed. Also do you have the external antenna? From Verizon the external antenna is an extra cost item.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast