Thread: Straight Talk Home Phone Service

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I see B4/66 listed, but not B13. I never see B13 anymore on my cell service.
    https://fccid.io/XHG-F800HPVL
    Here is the band 13 test report.

https://fccid.io/XHG-F800HPVL/Test-R...Report-4138612

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by music4praise View Post
    I did not look down the FCC list far enough for the band tests. The B4 report is 2 part, which may reflect the sub-set of B66. I usually see B66, with an occasional B5. Never see B13. It is clear this device is VoLTE only.

Feedback Score
    Ooma now has a good product for those of you wanting a home phone but not having any luck with Straight Talk

https://www.ooma.com/home-phone-service/phone-genie/

Sells for $50 at my local Walmart. Base plan costs $11.99 a month + taxes and fees. Comes with 500MB of data on the hotspot and can be expanded with an additional fees. Runs on the Sprint LTE network and comes with all the same features as a regular Ooma.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    Ooma now has a good product for those of you wanting a home phone but not having any luck with Straight Talk
    Thanks for the heads up, that looks interesting.

Feedback Score
    Ooma now has a good product for those of you wanting a home phone but not having any luck with Straight Talk.
    That is something new, as a regular Ooma is VoIP requiring a decent Internet connection. Check a regular Sprint coverage map though, as the Ooma map is optimistic.

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That sounds like a good plan. There is an issue where I live. There is no Sprint coverage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by music4praise View Post
    I mentioned this earlier but I have had great success with the Verizon Novatel T2000 (VoLTE service) activated on Selectel. Their plan on the Verizon network offers unlimited minutes for $17/month plus tax. In my state the total comes to about $18.70.
    Does the T2000 pass DTMF inbound?
    My biggest issue with the ZTE 723 is that it does not. I can send DTMF fine so IVR's and such work fine but it seems to mute DTMF inbound so i can't control my alarm panel or log in to my answering machine.

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftInLoop View Post
    Does the T2000 pass DTMF inbound?
    My biggest issue with the ZTE 723 is that it does not. I can send DTMF fine so IVR's and such work fine but it seems to mute DTMF inbound so i can't control my alarm panel or log in to my answering machine.
    I tested this for someone who contacted me privately using an old answering machine. It worked fine. I was able to dial in to the answering machine connected to my T2000 using my cell and pick up messages and use other commands with the answering machine. It actually worked better than I expected.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just seen that Ooma Home Phone device. I think their coverage map on the box is very wrong compared to their web site. If you want to know why I say this, just look at west central Iowa part of maps. So someone could buy the Ooma device thinking it will work, but it will not work tho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I just seen that Ooma Home Phone device. I think their coverage map on the box is very wrong compared to their web site. If you want to know why I say this, just look at west central Iowa part of maps. So someone could buy the Ooma device thinking it will work, but it will not work tho.
    Would not think a coverage map on the box would be detailed enough to see much. The Ooma website and Sprint maps pretty much agree for the are you mentioned. Does it say on the box the service is Sprint? Would they know at Walmart how Sprint coverage is there?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Would not think a coverage map on the box would be detailed enough to see much. The Ooma website and Sprint maps pretty much agree for the are you mentioned. Does it say on the box the service is Sprint? Would they know at Walmart how Sprint coverage is there?
    I have a photo of the box, but not a good one of the map tho. No where on the box says Sprint that I can find. All it says is to check coverage on their web site.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    No where on the box says Sprint that I can find. All it says is to check coverage on their web site.
    The carrier information is in an Ooma FAQ. I could not find it in a Google search, and doubt anyone at Walmart would know. Yes, not much help to the consumer.

https://support.ooma.com/home/ooma-c...-good-coverage

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The carrier information is in an Ooma FAQ. I could not find it in a Google search, and doubt anyone at Walmart would know. Yes, not much help to the consumer.

https://support.ooma.com/home/ooma-c...-good-coverage
    I don't know if you can see the little map in the corner, but if you look at Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas area, I would think that area is big enough to show on the map. There might be a few other areas, but I seen those area mainly.
    Name:  20190903_235803.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  57.4 KB

Edit: Here might a better link just in case: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkbthsndty...35803.jpg?dl=0

Feedback Score
    The carrier information is in an Ooma FAQ. I could not find it in a Google search, and doubt anyone at Walmart would know. Yes, not much help to the consumer. https://support.ooma.com/home/ooma-c...-good-coverage
    I'm guessing it uses Sprint network ?? - https://support.ooma.com/home/ooma-c...pter-data-faq/
    Last edited by october262; 09-07-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Feedback Score
    Ooma now has a good product for those of you wanting a home phone but not having any luck with Straight Talk.
    One thing different with the Ooma is it has a separate cell signal receiver from the base station. This would seem to allow you to place the receiver is the best signal location, while placing the base station in a more convenient location. Not sure how they communicate, or what the range is.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast