Thread: Why Do You Stay With Sprint?

Feedback Score

Why Do You Stay With Sprint?

I left Sprint in 2013, I was paying for 4G I never got. Has Sprint gotten better? Why do you stay?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by catt3911 View Post
    I left Sprint in 2013, I was paying for 4G I never got. Has Sprint gotten better? Why do you stay?
    I’m on the grandfather kickstart plan 15.00 per month plus T&F if T-Mobile should merge with sprint then I keep the plan I will keep plan at least rest of 2018 Otherwise Sprint nothing to brag about. Habitual drop calls n data

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Name:  FD428267-17E4-4AE6-A4B5-0DD972647BC4.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  26.7 KB
    Good enough for me.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Feedback Score
    I was on the Free For a Year Plan and very happy with the service for ten months. Sprint announced Kickstarter so I ported out and then back in.

I’m happy with the service and happy with the price I am paying. I think it is a great value for me. However, I certainly understand that may not be the same for everyone.

Device(s)
    Samsung X105
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am on the Unlimited Freedom with two lines for $80. That goes up in October to $100 for two lines. At that point, if another carrier has a great deal and is willing to pay off the leases on my two phones I will switch. However, I notice whenever I call to ask about how much I'd owe if I switch, they give me a better deal, so that's my strategy in October. What I like most about Sprint is that they have the best international roaming, and since I spend about three to four weeks outside the USA every year the only other carrier I could switch to is T-Mobile because they have great international plans, but they are currently more expensive than Sprint and of course the two carriers are merging.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by catt3911 View Post
    Sprint has gotten better, especially in the areas they already covered. They have done more adding bands and densification than expanding coverage area. Even in the time I was using them as my primary service a couple of years ago they went from only having 1x signal at my home, to EvDo 3G to LTE.

When Ringplus on Sprint went belly up, I wanted to try Verizon for my daily service so I did that with Tracfone. It works great and is the only carrier that has signal inside the house. The others, except T-Mo, only have signal with the phone propped in a window. T-Mo is truly dreadful around here.

I keep Sprint on three of the ex-Ringplus phones, two with Tello paygo, one with Freedompop free. One of the Tello phones is in my car glovebox, because why not for $5 (it's $10 now). The other Tello phone I gave to my sister to use as a hotspot.

Sprint service is ok around here, but with less solid coverage than Verizon or AT&T. It's not worth paying much for to me.

If I had to use postpaid service, I might consider them for a much lower price - not exactly a glowing recommendation.

I don't expect them to be around much longer one way or another.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    21 years and counting with Sprint. Lots of good memories. They had the coolest and most innovative phones back in the day. The 2002 Vision color screen phones were a milestone. The Samsung SCH-3500, A500 and the Sanyo 4900 were incredible for their time. The Kyocera 2255 with it's unique blue lights was one of my all time favorites.
    Sprint user since 1997

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Especially with the Kickstart plan, Sprint has the right combination of coverage and value for me to stay with them. Their coverage map isn't the best, but they have coverage in the areas I frequent, including places I regularly visit, and their relatively loose roaming policy (where if there's no Sprint signal I'll roam anywhere, unlike T-Mobile which only approves certain areas for use) gives me confidence that I'll at least have the ability to call for a tow truck almost anywhere. Given that T-Mobile loses signal when I'm anywhere within 5-10 miles of my hometown (and won't roam on AT&T, which has perfect signal there) that's not something I take for granted.

Sure, I could pay more for AT&T or Verizon, but I usually don't need their larger network where I'm going, and the few times I'm roaming data isn't a need, so I'd rather pay less for Sprint and deal with the slower data areas and bits of roaming when needed. T-Mobile I'd also pay more for, but I don't even know what I'd be gaining by paying more; where I go the network isn't all that much better, and there's a number of dead zones that they have that Sprint either covers natively or with roaming.
    Sprint Kickstart plan ($15/mo.):