Thread: Does anybody here know the APN settings for Expo Mobile?

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score

Does anybody here know the APN settings for Expo Mobile?

I recently switched to Expo Mobile just to try it out, and I can talk and text, but have no data or internet. I'm guessing it has something to do with the APN settings which are:

Name:  APN.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  14.2 KB

This is a holdover from when I was using PagePlus. Expo Customer Service is nonexistent as far as I can tell. And frankly I'm not sure anybody there would have an answer for me anyway.

Any thoughts?
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    I recently switched to Expo Mobile just to try it out, and I can talk and text, but have no data or internet. I'm guessing it has something to do with the APN settings which are:

Name:  APN.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  14.2 KB

This is a holdover from when I was using PagePlus. Expo Customer Service is nonexistent as far as I can tell. And frankly I'm not sure anybody there would have an answer for me anyway.

Any thoughts?
    Did you call expo cs. tel800)818 -1597?
    If you are on the 10.00 paygo plan data won’t work at least that is what I was told

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    Did you call expo cs. tel800)818 -1597?
    Yes, and I was on hold for 10 or 15 minutes and as soon as a customer service representative answered the call disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    If you are on the 10.00 paygo plan data won’t work at least that is what I was told
    Well, that's interesting. I'm starting to think that for 2˘ a voice minute or text, you get what you pay for.

Feedback Score
    That's correct, at least based on what USED to be posted at expomobile.com.

It previously stated that the $10/90 days paygo plan had no data capabilities, and that the $30/120 days paygo plan had data at 5˘/MB, limited to 128kbps.

Like I posted before, expomobile.com revised their website at aome point to remove what little basic useful info it used to have!

I don't know what's wrong with them. It's like they don't even want to be in business!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Yes, and I was on hold for 10 or 15 minutes and as soon as a customer service representative answered the call disconnected.

Well, that's interesting. I'm starting to think that for 2˘ a voice minute or text, you get what you pay for.
    It works well for a select few special use cases. My mom has an old LG Octane VN530, and that plan works for her, since she mostly only talks, and maybe gets 5-10 texts/mo.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't know what's wrong with them. It's like they don't even want to be in business!
    And at the rate they're going, they won't be for very long. I never thought I would say this, but Expo Mobile would be better off if Carlos Slim bought them out and added it to his collection of MVNOs. At least then customer service would improve from nonexistent to merely lousy. I love the chat feature that is supposedly available Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM PST but in fact is never available.