Thread: Page Plus Account Number for Porting

Device(s)
    Kyocera KX1
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Page Plus Account Number for Porting

Today I ported a number from Page Plus to Xfinity Mobile. Everywhere I could find on the internet the Page Plus account number was said to be the 10 digit phone number. The phone number did not work for porting. It took calls between the Xfinity and Page Plus port departments to determine the number needed for porting was the old phones IMEI and pass code pin assigned to the phone number (normally the last 4 digits of the phone number unless changed). Using the IMEI and pin the port went through in a few minutes using the Xfinity automated porting system.

Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad I contacted Page Plus support to confirm my account number before porting. I was also unaware of this change in Page Plus policy. Saved me a headache.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora80017 View Post
    Today I ported a number from Page Plus to Xfinity Mobile. Everywhere I could find on the internet the Page Plus account number was said to be the 10 digit phone number. The phone number did not work for porting. It took calls between the Xfinity and Page Plus port departments to determine the number needed for porting was the old phones IMEI and pass code pin assigned to the phone number (normally the last 4 digits of the phone number unless changed). Using the IMEI and pin the port went through in a few minutes using the Xfinity automated porting system.
    Wow! Does that mean, if you change to a new device while still keeping the same phone number then your Page Plus ACCOUNT number for porting is now the IMEI number in the new device?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    Wow! Does that mean, if you change to a new device while still keeping the same phone number then your Page Plus ACCOUNT number for porting is now the IMEI number in the new device?
    With PP, if your new phone SIM is the same size/function as your old phone, you just need to swap the sim. That's what PP tells you to do for new devices. Their system will auto update the IMEI/Sim pairing, keep your number, balance, pass code, VM password etc.
    It's not a port.

As far as the imei vs phone number as the account number, it use to be the phone number. Every time I chat with them they want the phone number and pin to check my account ? When porting to another company could be the difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    With PP, if your new phone SIM is the same size/function as your old phone, you just need to swap the sim. That's what PP tells you to do for new devices. Their system will auto update the IMEI/Sim pairing, keep your number, balance, pass code, VM password etc.
    It's not a port.

As far as the imei vs phone number as the account number, it use to be the phone number. Every time I chat with them they want the phone number and pin to check my account ? When porting to another company could be the difference.
    It seems then, that the answer to my question is, YES. I was not sure that PPC could do that and automatically have the new information.

My whole thought was/or is like this:
    1. User has a PPC account and cell phone number. Telephone number and SIM number and IMEI number is what identifies user's account for PPC.
    2. User one day buys new device which may be unlocked.
    3. User removes SIM from old device and put it into new device.
    4. User starts to use new device.
    5. PPC automatically now identifies the user according to IMEI, same SIM, and same telephone number.

So that is it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    It seems then, that the answer to my question is, YES. I was not sure that PPC could do that and automatically have the new information.

My whole thought was/or is like this:
    1. User has a PPC account and cell phone number. Telephone number and SIM number and IMEI number is what identifies user's account for PPC.
    2. User one day buys new device which may be unlocked.
    3. User removes SIM from old device and put it into new device.
    4. User starts to use new device.
    5. PPC automatically now identifies the user according to IMEI, same SIM, and same telephone number.

So that is it?
    That's been my experience at least the last I checked a couple months ago. They told me that several times when I wanted to xfr my number, balance, etc. to a new phone. They said just move the sim assuming it's the same size and of course properly provisioned (moving from a non-VoLTE phone to a VoLTE may not get you provisioned right.)
    No need to contact them. I later went in chat with them and confirmed they had my latest imei/sim/# etc. and it was all correct. Note you'll need to use the new phone before it kicks in.

I'm surprised other TF brands don't do the same. I asked in here several times for someone to do it and check with their other TF carrier but don't recall if I ever got a reply.

Feedback Score
    Impressive last three posts here including #6, so I tried to but:
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rpz1 again.
    (Attempt to show 'approval' or something)