Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Verizon MVNOs with roaming as of summer 2018?

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play (unlocked version)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks all. Now I have to decide if I want to switch to another MVNO for as long as that lasts and then get a new phone once MVNO's require it, or if I should just bite the bullet and go ahead and get a new phone now with Verizon.

I came across an article that says Verizon MVNOs will still be able to activate non-VOLTE phones through December 31, 2018 so it looks like I have a few months to make up my mind. (I am not yet allowed to post links so I can't link to the article I read.)
    I can't believe I made a typo when entering my screen name....

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You are right with that date. It is around on the forums here. Then, the end of 2019 is the end of CDMA.

Feedback Score
    I have the same phone you do and I'm on Selectel $35 monthly plan that includes domestic roaming and Mexico/Canada. For what it's worth, our cell can do VoLTE on TMobile but Verizon restricts it. I will also be on the lookout for a different cell but not just yet. I love my Moto G4 Play and I want to keep it as long as I can.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwiz View Post
    I have the same phone you do and I'm on Selectel $35 monthly plan that includes domestic roaming and Mexico/Canada. For what it's worth, our cell can do VoLTE on TMobile but Verizon restricts it. I will also be on the lookout for a different cell but not just yet. I love my Moto G4 Play and I want to keep it as long as I can.
    Wait...Selectel's $35/mo plan includes roaming in Canada and Mexico? I didn't understand that to be the case. Can you please clarify? Thanks!

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Wait...Selectel's $35/mo plan includes roaming in Canada and Mexico? I didn't understand that to be the case. Can you please clarify? Thanks!
    She didn't say roaming in Mexico/Canada, it is domestic roaming AND Mexico/Canada--as in calls to Mexico/Canada. Yeah, it could have been a bit more clear.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score

Sent from my Moto G Play using
    It's ridiculous that TMobile can do VOLTE but Verizon won't on the same phone. What a waste (of both our money and the resources that go into the phone) when we end up having to replace it earlier than should be necessary. For now, I will probably end up switching to Selectel so I can keep using the phone as long as possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    When I went to buy my pin to stack, it mentioned Mex/Can. I called today about another question and we got on the subject of roaming and now the agent says roaming doesn't work in all areas. She says: try it. Hmmm

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    When I went to buy my pin to stack, it mentioned Mex/Can. I called today about another question and we got on the subject of roaming and now the agent says roaming doesn't work in all areas. She says: try it. Hmmm

Has Selectel's $35 plan "free" roaming worked in areas where you need it to work, i.e. in areas where the Boom Vzw service didn't work on your Moto G4 Play?

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    You are right with that date. It is around on the forums here. Then, the end of 2019 is the end of CDMA.
    I wish I could find a reliable list of unlocked phones that will work with Verizon now (and Verizon MVNOs after 2019).

A list I found by googling included the unlocked Moto G4 Play (my current phone) which as we have discussed above, doesn't have VOLTE on Verizon, so I wouldn't trust the rest of that list.

I can keep using my phone on an MVNO for now but would like to start watching for sales/deals on a replacement phone.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by itssjustme View Post
    I wish I could find a reliable list of unlocked phones that will work with Verizon now (and Verizon MVNOs after 2019).

A list I found by googling included the unlocked Moto G4 Play (my current phone) which as we have discussed above, doesn't have VOLTE on Verizon, so I wouldn't trust the rest of that list.

I can keep using my phone on an MVNO for now but would like to start watching for sales/deals on a replacement phone.
    I know Boom Mobile has a good list. I don't know how any are unlocked tho. Plus there might be a few newer version of the phones not listed.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    Red Pocket CDMA has LTEiRA "extended network" plus VoLTE availability. No off network roaming that I know of other than that.
    Good to know! Red pocket the best value out there!
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325 but still using a bag phone.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Red Pocket CDMA has LTEiRA "extended network" plus VoLTE availability. No off network roaming that I know of other than that.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    Yes! Great that it has LTEiRA "extended network". Do they offer wifi-calling?

Feedback Score
    Nope.......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast