Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile adds low-band LTE to more cell sites across the U.S.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    Myself, I’m glad both T-Mobile and AT&T are adding coverage for rural areas. Having more complete coverage from several carriers is a good thing.
    Yep, it's nice to see TMobile and At&t really start to hit some of those rural areas. In my mind competition makes things very interesting and things are rapidly changing in the cell world now

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile, at&t, FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    Which is what it is because the other carriers could release the exact same updates every week since it's so run of the mill for this industry that why bother? It seems good for the network following people but for anyone that actually works in the industry this weekly self congratulatory pat on the back is fairly embarrassing.
    This is a good move by t-mobile for two important reasons-

1) at&t and verizon are considered to have better coverage than t-mobile (justifiably so). T-mobile wants to "advertise" that theirs is catching up and they are trying their best.

2) t-mobile customers call and complain about coverage issues. Instead of addressing their concern individually, which can number in the millions, this is a way of assuaging their frustration and telling them to hang on- better days ahead.

The big two don't need to advertise coverage- they have been doing that for many years and t-mobile is catching up.

Feedback Score
    Anyway to know where 600mhz is deployed to?

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoOnion View Post
    Anyway to know where 600mhz is deployed to?
    Kind of ... this is probably the best tool currently. Select a city / location and it will show which bands are active. Eg. Places like Houghton, MI will show 'LTE 600', LTE 2100 and 3G 2100.
    https://maps.t-mobile.com/pcc.html?map=mvno-roamd-34l
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    https://www.tmonews.com/2018/08/t-mo...tes-two-weeks/

Some of the markets that gained low-band LTE this week include Oakland, CA; West Palm Beach, FL; Baltimore, MD; and Cody, WY. You can find the full list of cities and towns that gained low-band LTE in the past two weeks below.

https://twitter.com/NevilleRay/statu...08163715686400

Our network team added lowband LTE to dozens of sites in just two weeks, which means more and better coverage. And #WeWontStop!! @TMobile @MetroPCS #AcrossTheGrid

• Salem, AL
    • Smiths Station, AL
    • Apache Junction, AZ
    • Cave Creek, AZ
    • Visalia, CA
    • Lompoc, CA
    • Oakland, CA
    • Antonito, CO
    • Bridgeport, CT
    • Saint Johns, FL
    • Tallahassee, FL
    • West Palm Beach, FL
    • Wesley Chapel, FL
    • North Fort Myers, FL
    • Cape Coral, FL
    • Immokalee, FL
    • Englewood, FL
    • Valdosta, GA
    • Columbus, GA
    • Wailuku, HI
    • Honolulu, HI
    • Des Plaines, IL
    • Anderson, IN
    • Indianapolis, IN
    • South Portland, ME
    • Baltimore, MD
    • Nottingham, MD
    • Rosedale, MD
    • Quincy, MA
    • Detroit, MI
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Tonopah, NV
    • Sparks, NV
    • Sullivan, NH
    • Sea Isle City, NJ
    • Dunellen, NJ
    • Santa Fe, NM
    • Las Cruces, NM
    • Animas, NM
    • New York, NY
    • Bronx, NY
    • Hyde Park, NY
    • Cincinnati, OH
    • Sheridan, OR
    • Green Lane, PA
    • Montrose, PA
    • Aiken, SC
    • Sturgis, SD
    • Hohenwald, TN
    • Plano, TX
    • Paris, TX
    • Woodway, TX
    • Houston, TX
    • Austin, TX
    • El Paso, TX
    • Sterling, VA
    • Winchester, VA
    • Richmond, VA
    • Prince George, VA
    • Roanoke, VA
    • Carnation, WA
    • North Bend, WA
    • Ravensdale, WA
    • Moundsville, WV
    • Cody, WY
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    These updates are ridiculous. T-Mobile is free to say and PR whatever they want, as long as it's within the appropriate SEC regulations, but everyone should laugh at them for this. With xLTE a few years back, Verizon upgraded thousands of sites in 400 cities and makes one announcement about it, meanwhile every time T-Mobile adds a band to a tower or two, it's included on a giant list of every city, and it seems like it's every other week that they're doing it. AT&T is working on B14 deployment, they haven't really talked about it at all, they're just doing it. They already have a robust network, but they're adding a massive amount of capacity to it.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTEAdvanced View Post
    These updates are ridiculous. T-Mobile is free to say and PR whatever they want, as long as it's within the appropriate SEC regulations, but everyone should laugh at them for this. With xLTE a few years back, Verizon upgraded thousands of sites in 400 cities and makes one announcement about it, meanwhile every time T-Mobile adds a band to a tower or two, it's included on a giant list of every city, and it seems like it's every other week that they're doing it. AT&T is working on B14 deployment, they haven't really talked about it at all, they're just doing it. They already have a robust network, but they're adding a massive amount of capacity to it.
    I personally enjoy seeing where they are improving things, I guess if they don't appeal to you it would be best just to ignore the release and read something that means more to you

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    Which is what it is because the other carriers could release the exact same updates every week since it's so run of the mill for this industry that why bother? It seems good for the network following people but for anyone that actually works in the industry this weekly self congratulatory pat on the back is fairly embarrassing.
    I love seeing the updates. If anyone doesn't like it since they are on another network I could care less. No one is forcing anyone to read about T-Mobile's network updates. Fact is I am ticked off they don't show the progress of every Band 71 tower update every two weeks so I know the money I spend for my Band 71 capable S9 was worth it. I am considering driving 35 miles to see if there is a Band 71 site in West Palm Beach as someone on Reddit has reported. We need more updates from T-Mobile not less.

Feedback Score
    meanwhile every time T-Mobile adds a band to a tower or two, it's included on a giant list of every city, and it seems like it's every other week that they're doing it.
    That's right. And they're going to keep doing it. It no doubts drives critics of T-Mobile, like yourself, just crazy. Too bad. T-Mobile has already stated massive expansion plans. The anti-T-Mobile folks are just going to have to deal with it. It's not going to stop.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    These updates are ridiculous. ----gap--- AT&T is working on B14 deployment, they haven't really talked about it at all, they're just doing it. They already have a robust network, but they're adding a massive amount of capacity to it.
    Really since you have posted twice today on the AT&T Board in a thread called " Band 14 Sighting Thread"

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I love them. They are published every two weeks. One report for low band and a separate report for mid band. https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-of-cell-sites

If you see them before I do feel free to publish them for us here.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    That's right. And they're going to keep doing it. It no doubts drives critics of T-Mobile, like yourself, just crazy. .
    LOL, Wish I had said that. Bravo... buddy great line.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    That's right. And they're going to keep doing it. It no doubts drives critics of T-Mobile, like yourself, just crazy. Too bad. T-Mobile has already stated massive expansion plans. The anti-T-Mobile folks are just going to have to deal with it. It's not going to stop.
    I've grown to like tmobile and at&t. Can't stand Verizon but that's a whole different story.

I think at&t and TMobile will both have great networks while Verizon is one big capacity constrained mess

Feedback Score
    It's not driving anyone crazy, it's just dumb. T-Mobile is playing catch-up. Great, but we don't need to know every single freaking tower that is lit up. No other carrier has ever made such a ridiculous amount of PR noise out of each and every little thing that they've upgraded. AT&T doesn't really announce stuff at all, Verizon does once in a blue moon. Meanwhile, Verizon has built more LTE sites in more places than any other carrier in the US, or possibly in the world.

No **** sherlock. AT&T is just doing B14, no fanfare about it.

Verizon's network is very good overall, but their reliance on small cells creates this weird effect where in some suburban areas their network is slammed, but urban is mostly small cell, and rural areas are fine, as they are rural. Verizon's network isn't the be-all, end-all of all networks, but they have built the largest LTE network in the US. All the networks could use improvements in coverage to be sure.
    I think firstnet gives att a big incentive($$) to build. The others seem to be building a lot and tmobile seems to really want to catch up. Verizon has a lot of lte and they seem to really be pushing small cells (or whatever the official name is) now so it should be interesting how it all turns out.

Feedback Score
    It doesn't drive anyone crazy. It just makes T-Mobile look idiotic when they post every little tiny update about one tower that got upgraded, while Verizon or AT&T will go and build out small sites or upgrade towers with new bands, and they don't have to announce it to the world like a little kid who went potty.

Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Really since you have posted twice today on the AT&T Board in a thread called " Band 14 Sighting Thread"
    I never would have guessed there was a thread for B14 deployments.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast