Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: IT"S HERE!!! 4G on pay as you go plans now available!!

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I made the change from 3G to 4G phone on my PAYG plan. Went smoothly via chat session. Was asked for my old and new phone ESN. I also provided the SIM number. Was asked to turn both phones off and the rep worked for a couple of minutes before asking me to turn the 4G phone on. Got connected right away and was able to send & receive text and phone call.

@whacker - I am currently using the S6 as my primary phone and may swap the SIII for it if I get a new phone. Currently have a Straight Talk LG L22C which I may part with once I am confident that the SIII will work fine. The L22C was the 3G phone on Page Plus before I swapped it out today.
    Line 1 - Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII >>> Samsung Galaxy S6 >>> Total Wireless Samsung Galaxy S6
    Line 2 - Verizon Motorola z6c >>> HTC Imagio >>> Page Plus HTC Imagio >>> LG L22C >>> Samsung Galaxy SIII

Carrier(s)
    RP (personal); ATT (work); MintMobile (family members)
    Feedback Score
    This is great news. And timely because I have 2 grandparents with PP that I was considering moving to RP because their phones are having problems and its near impossible to get a decent 3G phone anymore.

Question: has anyone any experience in having SMS and the balance announcement disabled. One of the grandparents gets confused by the announcement after dialing, so we had it disabled.

One of the phones in question also has data disabled, but that won't be an option with VoLTE.

Thanks for calling attention to this change.
    ---
    I haven't post-paid since 2003...

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    I don't know about the balance announcement, but data and SMS can be disabled from your account, under Manage Service Features (just uncheck the boxes). Data can be turned off in the phone also, and VoLTE should still work OK.

I don't know if the account options change when upgrading to a LTE phone and the new PayGo plan (I haven't done it yet), but perhaps someone who has done it will let us know.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Is there any difference where you get the sim card? I have some unused Verizon sim cards from red pocket activation kits.

I don't have a problem ordering a new one from page plus since it's only a $1. But why be wasteful if it's unnecessary?

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Is there any difference where you get the sim card?
    Yes.
    The card (and its embedded code) is specific to the MVNO in use.
    A RedPocket card will not connect via your PagePlus account.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The SIM would need to be from one of the TracFone companies that handle VZW and be for VZW/CDMA. Not Simple Mobile, not Straight Talk or Net 10 AT&T/T-Mobile types, etc..

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
    I made the change from 3G to 4G phone on my PAYG plan. Went smoothly via chat session.
    I made the 3G-4G switch last night. Not too bad an experience, but took two chats yesterday, and one today to get it done right.
    1) Disabled 3G account, and move $$ to new 4G account, with a PagePlus SIM I bought on eBay. Requested new phone number. Several minutes. OK. I tried to delete the old account on PagePlus' web page ... unsuccessful. CSR told me to add the new phone number. OK,
    2) (later) Noticed error in the $$ transfer to the new phone - they gave me too much. Another Chat to correct it. OK
    3) (this morning) Somehow, my password was changed, and I was unable to listen to old voicemail. Had to prove I was really me to the CSR. Requested new password (OK) and asked for VM to be disabled. Done, in a few minutes.

A total of 4 CSRs handled my Chats. All were very courteous, and seemed to be quite helpful. Glad I am a touch typist, and "drafted" what I wanted to tell them, in a text editor, to assure I addressed all concerns. Remember to double-check their input!

Device(s)
    Nokia 3360
    Feedback Score

Strange happenings when I switched from 3G to 4G pay as you go

Hello,
    I had an interesting occurrence. I just changed two days ago from a 3G phone to a 4G phone on my pay as you go with PP. I had something like 27 dollars on that account and it transferred just fine. Today I get a message that I let my plan expire, even though I know my four months end in September. So I go to the Pageplus website and look at my account and not only is my phone still active, but they have added, in four or five different deposits, enough money to make my balance 81 dollars. So I called customer service and asked what was going on. First they had no idea why I got the incorrect expiration notice. Second they told me since on the new plan calls are 6 cents a minute ( I mostly buy 10 dollar cards) instead of 10 cents they have credited my account for past calls. Makes no sense, but I am not going to argue.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Note that $81 is $27*3. So maybe calls are costing them 3x less, so they pass on the savings to you........

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Increase to 4G speed just in time to offer 5G to postpaid customers with select handsets in select markets.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just switched two lines to LTE devices from 3G, and saw the account balance bonus too (as well as two additional months of service). No complaints, but I have things documented pre and post the switch in case changes keep happening.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I just switched two lines to LTE devices from 3G, and saw the account balance bonus too (as well as two additional months of service). No complaints, but I have things documented pre and post the switch in case changes keep happening.
    Ditto. I just thought my memory of what was my 3G balance, was off. A few extra bucks, a few extra months of service, and 4G service. Good deal.

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I checked my account after reading the comments here and noticed the same thing. Around thrice the balance and the due date was extended. Hope they correct it soon without losing all the balance or the service!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    This is likely related to what TracFone users see occasionally when they do transfers of new bundled devices to their accounts, and the talk, text, or data buckets will be unexpectedly high, or the Service Days extended. It's called hitting the TracFone lottery and they've learned to live with it. Just keep track of things in case errors occur not in your favor.

Feedback Score
    Now I wish I would have never let my old PPC Standard Plan account lapse!

Of course, it would have cost me $90 to keep it active since I let it lapse in 2015, but with a big enough bonus, maybe it would have been worth it, lol!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast