Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assumption of Liability on gUDP ($49.99 plan from 2011) still possible?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t wireless
    Feedback Score

Assumption of Liability on gUDP ($49.99 plan from 2011) still possible?

hello i currently have a nationwide talk and text family plan with 2 lines one has the old plan grandfathered unlimited plan that used to be 29.99 but is now $49.99... i was wondering if i could still add a third line with unlimited verizon gUDP to my plan from someone that has it via the assumption of liability or AOL process? i have spoken to 2 different verizon reps one says yes it'll work and one said no it wont...any one have any experience with this or better yet any luck doing this lately? thank you very much for any help..
    a t & t rethink possible.

Feedback Score
    It will still work just may need to play CSR roulette.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t wireless
    Feedback Score
    thank you for your response have you done it recently?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t wireless
    Feedback Score
    can anyone confirm if this still works? thank you.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have had no luck trying to AOL a data only line this past week

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    I have had no luck trying to AOL a data only line this past week
    The corporate policy has been that grandfathered plans/features cannot be transferred in an AOL and any rep who does so is risking their job.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    The corporate policy has been that grandfathered plans/features cannot be transferred in an AOL and any rep who does so is risking their job.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    wow risking their jobs? thats crazy...its not like the rep is attaching it to a line that doesnt have it. its just moving it to one account that has always had it to another account that has it on one of the lines already...so its not a rep lottery its a new policy then? because people keep saying its a lottery?!! thanks for all the help...

Feedback Score
    IIRC the official policy change on disallowing gUDP AOL was back at the end of 2014.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JL44516 View Post
    wow risking their jobs? thats crazy...its not like the rep is attaching it to a line that doesnt have it. its just moving it to one account that has always had it to another account that has it on one of the lines already...so its not a rep lottery its a new policy then? because people keep saying its a lottery?!! thanks for all the help...
    Because Verizon doesn't want people on these plans anymore. Though If Verizon would have just killed off the plans years ago and made everyone move to a new plan or let them leave that would have been better than what they have been doing

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    IIRC the official policy change on disallowing gUDP AOL was back at the end of 2014.
    If so, I stand corrected. Thanks for the update.

Feedback Score
    I was just pointing out that it has been their official policy not to allow AOL of gUDP lines for several years.
    I remember it was a big deal at the time https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...e-november-13/ but its been a long time ago and I can't find much of what I remember or even for sure where I read it.

Policy aside from what I heard you could still get the $15/30 plans transferred after that date but I have no idea what's going on now.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t wireless
    Feedback Score
    I was just pointing out that it has been their official policy not to allow AOL of gUDP lines for several years.
    I remember it was a big deal at the time https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...e-november-13/ but its been a long time ago and I can't find much of what I remember or even for sure where I read it.

Policy aside from what I heard you could still get the $15/30 plans transferred after that date but I have no idea what's going on now.
    is it worth the gamble? also what is the $15/30 plan your talking about thanks for all your help.

Feedback Score
    At this point I would still be willing to go through one of the sellers claiming to still be able to do the transfer if I had to but then Verizon is currently my best option for home internet by far so my opinion on what i'd be willing to try is quite biased.

The $15/30 plan also referred to as the loyalty plan it's $15/mo for a single line with 30 minutes/month.
    It is/was frequently used for gUDP lines used in hotspots due to the cheaper price since you can't use voice minutes on a hotspot.

IMHO in general unless you need it for home internet the newer plans are a better choice as they are easy to get and have little question about if the plan will be kept. On that note if you decide to switch to a current plan please note that you can still get moved to the cheaper february UDP plan.

Device(s)
    LG vx6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    At this point I would still be willing to go through one of the sellers claiming to still be able to do the transfer if I had to but then Verizon is currently my best option for home internet by far so my opinion on what i'd be willing to try is quite biased.

The $15/30 plan also referred to as the loyalty plan it's $15/mo for a single line with 30 minutes/month.
    It is/was frequently used for gUDP lines used in hotspots due to the cheaper price since you can't use voice minutes on a hotspot.

IMHO in general unless you need it for home internet the newer plans are a better choice as they are easy to get and have little question about if the plan will be kept. On that note if you decide to switch to a current plan please note that you can still get moved to the cheaper february UDP plan.
    SIMS, followed you from another forum. Can you point me to the right fUDP thread?
    Thanks much.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t wireless
    Feedback Score

so i am better off trying to get a loyalty line instead of a 49.99 gudp plan i take it? thanks again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast