Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Total Wireless now throttles All video

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsim View Post
    Well stepping outside to get a good signal, I'm getting 92.2Mbps on speed test and 9.2Mbps on speed . com standing in the same spot and testing one right after the other. This is on sprint byod unlimited
    It looks to me that they are capping video streaming at 8 or 9 Mbps because it goes above that and then floats down to it.

If you need to watch video over cellular at home, you can ask tech. support for a free magic box and get the same speeds indoors too with that good a signal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    And when providers change the terms and don't notify there customers like Verizon did late last year and now total wireless just did why shouldn't I be let out of contract or be given a refund ?
    You are trolling. This thread is about a pay as you go service, Total Wireless. There is no contract for you to be "let out of".

Feedback Score
    It's not really the point of my thread . Wish I hadn't paid for like 10 more months and extra data if I had known Total Wireless would play games like this. For the record 1080P isn't enough speed for how I used my devices . Video throttling impacts the quality of my video stream while streaming footage to tv stations. Even in a bonded situation you can still notice a drastic difference in quality. I pay for my data and should be able to use it the way that I want to without being slowed down at all .
    I don't think it's trolling ........ the OP stated that they prepaid for the next 10 months + paid for extra data ......

Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    You are trolling. This thread is about a pay as you go service, Total Wireless. There is no contract for you to be "let out of".
    Cheers!

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post

Verizon = Let out of contract

Total Wireless = Refund for service I paid for

How can you troll your own thread ?
    Last edited by ROLLTIDE; 06-20-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Verizon = Let of contract

Total Wireless = Refund for service I paid for

How can you troll your own thread ?
    Ok, ok. My turn to troll - WAR EAGLE!

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcab View Post
    Ok, ok. My turn to troll - WAR EAGLE!
    Congrats on beating us this past season but I would take titles over winning the iron bowl any season

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Shocked more people are not talking about this subject

Feedback Score
    Probably most people didn't notice a difference. I can still stream youtube and netflix just like before and didn't notice the difference until mentioned that it got throttle down for video streaming. I did see that it got throttle down to around 3 Mbps on fast.com but didn't affect my viewing experience. Maybe 4k but hd quality seem to be ok.

Carrier(s)
    TW
    Feedback Score
    I can still stream YouTube at 1080p and 1440p. Can't say it's affecting me at all.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalGamerZ View Post
    I can still stream YouTube at 1080p and 1440p. Can't say it's affecting me at all.
    What do you get when you go to fast.com ?

Carrier(s)
    TW
    Feedback Score
    What do you get when you go to fast.com ?
    4.5-6 mbps

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No issues here either. If my normal speed tests are high, and I run a fast.com speedtest - I get at least 4.0mbps. I'd say there's definitely some throttling employed for video streams, but nothing that effects my end user experience. Can still stream 1080p without issue (which for a phone screen is more than plenty). Overall - still the best deal around for four lines for me and my family.

Carrier(s)
    TW
    Feedback Score
    To follow up on my post. The max I've been able to stream on YouTube is 1440p. I tried 1440p with 60fps, but it buffers a lot. As long as I can stream at least 1080p, I am happy.

I also agree on the price. No one else comes close to the price for shared family data on the Verizon Network.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalGamerZ View Post
    To follow up on my post. The max I've been able to stream on YouTube is 1440p. I tried 1440p with 60fps, but it buffers a lot. As long as I can stream at least 1080p, I am happy.

I also agree on the price. No one else comes close to the price for shared family data on the Verizon Network.
    Yep. When Target puts the refill cards on sale - I pick up a few. They seem to do a 10% off promo at least once a month... plus with my Target Red Card - I get another 5% off. The past few months I've been paying $85.50 out-the-door for the $100 plan. We've had no issues with their service since we switched. Completely satisfied!

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I have Netflix and other streaming services set to 480p on my phone so I wouldn't notice a throttle.

I don't want to waste my data with HD versions on my tiny (5") phone screen.

Even my 60" 4k TV seldom sees higher than 720p sources. Some occasional 1080p movies, but most stuff doesn't warrant higher resolution.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast