Thread: Port in then port out

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score

Port in then port out

Looking for an inexpensive prepaid to port into for a short time and then will port out soon after

Something that would cost me $20 or less would be nice

Feedback Score
    AT&T prepaid sim- add $10 on the $2 daily plan and port out. You have to activate a new number and call the AT&T porting department at 1-888-898-7685 to port the number in. You can also do the same thing with T-Mobile prepaid, but you can port in online.

Feedback Score
    you may be able to actually port to at&t, pick a plan but not actually pay for any service and than still be able to port out.

i have never done it myself but have heard it can be done. the same used to be possible with verizon prepaid but they closed the loophole.

another option if you have a used boost phone is to activate on $3 day plan and pay for 1 day

Feedback Score
    AT&T prepaid with a credit/debit card you know will decline. I figured out this one on accident doing the same thing to take advantage of some "new customer only" promos. lol

Feedback Score
    https://datago.co/pages/us-att-prepa...tivation-guide

this guide may help activate an at&t sim without having to pay anything

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    https://datago.co/pages/us-att-prepa...tivation-guide

this guide may help activate an at&t sim without having to pay anything
    I've done this before when I needed an active AT&T SIM to get OTA updates on some AT&T devices I'm using NOT on AT&T. When I've done it before, I had some previously unused AT&T Prepaid SIM cards that came with some AT&T Prepaid phones I had purchased.

If someone doesn't already have an unused AT&T SIM card, is there way to get an AT&T SIM card for cheap or free?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    you may be able to actually port to at&t, pick a plan but not actually pay for any service and than still be able to port out.

i have never done it myself but have heard it can be done. the same used to be possible with verizon prepaid but they closed the loophole.

another option if you have a used boost phone is to activate on $3 day plan and pay for 1 day
    The only thing is AT&T prepaid requires a payment to be made for the reps to give the account number to the customer. You might be able to get away without funding a T-Mobile prepaid account though, the account number is just the phone number with a 1 in front of it.