Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Thread: TracFone CDMA/Verizon Phones Must be VoLTE Capable before End of 2019

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTechie View Post
    I now have this message on my Tracfone home page under my phone. They'll give me a $50 discount on a new phone:

We noticed you are using a phone that is impacted by network changes that are happening at the end of the year.

You are eligible for a discount on a new phone that takes advantage of the improved network immediately. Please visit yourphoneupgrade.com/tracfone to see your new phone options.

Information from TracFone:

4/8/2019 - Verizon will no longer activate Non-VoLTE Devices
    1/1/2020 - Verizon will no longer service Non-VoLTE Devices

Starting 4/8/2019, only activations with VoLTE compatible devices will be processed. Non-VoLTE devices will no longer activate.

Before 1/1/2020, existing customers on non-VoLTE devices should be upgraded to compatible VoLTE enabled devices.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by koeman2 View Post
    Information from TracFone:...
    Did Tracfone officially publish that info somewhere? We in the forum knew about those dates, but kind of through the grapevines.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Koeman2 said "Starting 4/8/2019, only activations with VoLTE compatible devices will be processed. Non-VoLTE devices will no longer activate."In that case, another way to tell if a new phone activation is 'VoLTE ready', such as the 2fer Fiesta.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Koeman2 said "Starting 4/8/2019, only activations with VoLTE compatible devices will be processed. Non-VoLTE devices will no longer activate."In that case, another way to tell if a new phone activation is 'VoLTE ready', such as the 2fer Fiesta.
    No, the 2-fer fiestas are, as I understand it, T-Mo phones. The VoLTE-ready caveat applies to Verizon activations.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have an LG 235C that hasn't received the text message. Putting the number in the website says the phone is unaffected. The only thing different is that this phone used to be on SafeLink although we discontinued certification and have just been adding TracFone airtime cards.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    I have an LG 235C that hasn't received the text message. Putting the number in the website says the phone is unaffected.
    As mentioned previously, that (obsolete) web site is to check and see if your 2G phone would be affected by AT&T's shut down of 2G in 2016. Tracfone really screwed things up by providing a link to that site.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    As mentioned previously, that (obsolete) web site is to check and see if your 2G phone would be affected by AT&T's shut down of 2G in 2016. Tracfone really screwed things up by providing a link to that site.
    https://www.yourphoneupgrade.com/TracFone is dated 2019. I don't have an active phone number to test out where it goes.

https://www.tracfonephoneexchange.co...brand=TRACFONE is the 2G migration for AT&T still accessed on the website. You wonder why that is still there 2+ years after it was relevant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    https://www.yourphoneupgrade.com/TracFone is dated 2019. I don't have an active phone number to test out where it goes.
    I tried it with my phone number. That phone number is associated with a Moto G6 which already has VoLTE. It says"

"It appears your phone is currently not affected by the network change."

In the source of the page there is this:

<title>2G Migration Eligibility</title>

Hopefully someone will try it with a phone that is not VoLTE capable to see what it says.

Otherwise, it could be an artifact left over from the AT&T 2G shutdown.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Hopefully someone will try it with a phone that is not VoLTE capable to see what it says.

Otherwise, it could be an artifact left over from the AT&T 2G shutdown.
    Several people who got the text message or voice message with the web site got the erroneous statement that their 3G phone is not affected when they entered their phone number on that site. Look at post #650 above and THIS POST by tjones262 in another thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    In the source of the page there is this:

<title>2G Migration Eligibility</title>

Funny thing is some have seen offers for replacement of their 3G phones using https://www.yourphoneupgrade.com/TracFone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Funny thing is some have seen offers for replacement of their 3G phones using https://www.yourphoneupgrade.com/TracFone.
    My SIL got the text message and, of course, she handed me the phone to deal with it. I followed the link in the message (it was one of those strange looking link text things) and it showed a $50 off offer on about 15 phones. Problem was others reported seeing much lower prices. So, I tried the yourphoneupgrade link and was taken to the same pages. Same offers. Then, yesterday, I was at a gathering with some other relatives and one of them had one of the old CDMA 6000 series Nokia candy bar phones on TF. So, I put his phone number into the upgrade site and got a message that the phone was not affected by the network change. If that old phone is not affected, not sure what phones would be.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    My SIL got the text message and, of course, she handed me the phone to deal with it. I followed the link in the message (it was one of those strange looking link text things) and it showed a $50 off offer on about 15 phones.
    Do you still have her phone with the message? Is the link customized or just plain https://www.yourphoneupgrade.com/TracFone ?

Feedback Score
    Do you still have her phone with the message? Is the link customized or just plain https://www.yourphoneupgrade.com/TracFone ?
    I think the text is still on her phone but yes, it was customized. It went to the same series of sites as the yourphoneupgrade link.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    I think the text is still on her phone but yes, it was customized. It went to the same series of sites as the yourphoneupgrade link.
    If the link is customized, then it has some embedded info for the site to display the offers for that phone/number. But if it's just a plain link that anyone can key in, then the offers wouldn't be specific to that phone.

Feedback Score
    If the link is customized, then it has some embedded info for the site to display the offers for that phone/number. But if it's just a plain link that anyone can key in, then the offers wouldn't be specific to that phone.
    Well, like I said, the custom link and the plain link go to the same place. Following both, leads to the same pages of phone offers. In all cases there is a banner that says:
    "You are eligible for these special offers" and then the phone number.

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast