Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 64 ... LastLast

Thread: TracFone CDMA/Verizon Phones Must be VoLTE Capable before End of 2019

Device(s)
    Tracfone iPhone 6S Tracfone iPhone SE, Samsung J3 Luna Pro, J3 Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    @ lappers: Gets crazy, doesn't it?

I think the key is in the SIM being properly provisioned/configured at the initial session the user does with support. Getting it straightened out may require a do-over with a new card.

It's been beneficial to hear your trials surrounding this. Keep us updated.
    Yeah it does. Thanks.. looking forward to seeing if it will do HD Voice.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    Maybe if I got a new sim for him it would work since other luna pro owners are reporting the VoLTE switch in settings. Or perhaps I could give another go at TF Tier three support. I wonder though if doing either of these things might bring VVM with it and then I'll have to get rid of that for sure for him and that's another PITA. I think I'll just leave it for now.
    My brother tried Straight Talk Support to get VoLTE on his Straight Talk Galaxy S7, but they would not send him a new SIM at the start because they said it is working right even tho there is no VoLTE. If I remember right, my brother tried a few other techs, but he was running into the same issue. Then he finally got a tech finally sent a new SIM for his Straight Talk Galaxy S7, and that tech said it should enable VoLTE, but never got VoLTE still. So my brother got sick and tired that he was getting the run around because he tried to get VoLTE thru the techs a second time, but got nowhere again. That is why my brother is using J3 Sky SIM in his Galaxy S7 to get VoLTE working.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Is there any correlation to using an older TMFL SIM and a newer non TMFL SIM, BYOD or not and this VoLTE/HD issue?
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Is there any correlation to using an older TMFL SIM and a newer non TMFL SIM, BYOD or not and this VoLTE/HD issue?
    Not clear. That's the problem.

Then again, I moved my TW service back to the old ST SIM I was using before. Was having trouble so tested it in a Motorola Droid Ultra. While it wouldn't stay on, I did finally get presented the option to enable HD Voice.

But VoLTE appears to work now. At least LTE stays active and data works during a call. I don't remember that working last time I tried (with that same SIM).

But it's the only other VoLTE phone I have. The G2s have SVLTE so harder to test and the custom ROM adds a layer if difficulty determining if it's the account or the device.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    The G2s have SVLTE so harder to test and the custom ROM adds a layer if difficulty determining if it's the account or the device.
    I think if you use LTE Discovery that might be the best way to test. With LTE Discovery with my VoLTE phones, it will show it never connecting to CDMA at any point. With LTE Discovery on my old S4 which has SVLTE, it shows it connected to both at all times. So I am not sure how it will show with a SVLTE and VoLTE phones tho.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I think if you use LTE Discovery that might be the best way to test. With LTE Discovery with my VoLTE phones, it will show it never connecting to CDMA at any point. With LTE Discovery on my old S4 which has SVLTE, it shows it connected to both at all times. So I am not sure how it will show with a SVLTE and VoLTE phones tho.
    It just show both connected on my G2 as it always has.

I'll have to install/test on the Ultra.

Another app was recently mentioned too but I forget the name)
    I appear to have broken LTE on my ROM testing G2 when I changed the bad digitizer (phantom touches).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The other app if I'm not mistaken about apps being talked about is SignalCheck Lite (or Pro).

Feedback Score
    Probably mentioned in this thread earlier.. . The TracFone LG Rebel 3 has been reported to support VoLTE. HSN is currently out of stock of their $60 bundle.

Seeing a post listing all the currently known TracFones supporting VoLTE would be useful if someone knows which TracFones that includes

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well the Tracfone branded Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro has VoLTE (many of them do) and it works as far as Voice Over LTE goes (no 1xRTT, LTE for data/calls). I haven't yet confirmed that it has HD Voice (HD icon/symbol, high quality call with other HD voice party) but hopefully I will be able to check this out soon. Haven't read of anyone else confirming HD voice on the TF Luna pro.

Are there any Tracfone branded phones (meaning Tracfone) that have VoLTE and HD Voice?
    Last edited by lappers; 07-16-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Feedback Score
    I have a question and it's a pretty stupid one.

If my Tracfone that is running on Verizon (currently my Luscious LG Fiesta 2) has to use VoLTE for calling whenever the CDMA shutdown occurs will that eat up my precious data?

If I have thousands of minutes and VoLTE is using up my data I will not be happy about that.

I had not given much thought to VoLTE because thousands of talk minutes are in my phones buckets.
    And voice quality is great on my phones to the point of me not caring about VoLTE at all.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I've read that VoLTE does not deduct your data bucket.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The use of carrier VoLTE does not affect your data bucket. It is counted separately as voice time usage. "Data usage" could effectively be referred to as "web/internet usage" to differentiate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    The use of carrier VoLTE does not affect your data bucket. It is counted separately as voice time usage. "Data usage" could effectively be referred to as "web/internet usage" to differentiate.
    Well that is definitely a relief.
    I'd hate to be stuck with all of those minutes and no data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I've read that VoLTE does not deduct your data bucket.
    Thank you.
    Great news!

I used your wonderful tutorial to finally get around to transferring my buckets to my LG Fiesta 2 and following what you said it was only about 15 minutes from start to finish.

Transfer Wizard is a great tool too.
    Got everything I had that I wanted to keep moved from my Magnificent Moto E4 to my Luscious LG Fiesta 2 without a hitch.
    I have a 64GB microSD card in the Fiesta 2.

EDIT:: On a side note, the Luscious LG Fiesta 2 is the only actual Tracfone that I've gotten that I actually want to use.
    All of the other recent purchases I have made have been for harvesting purposes.
    I have had my eye on this one for a while and I'm definitely glad I bought it for myself.
    Nice birthday gift from me to me.

And no I didn't really need it.
    But I sure love it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    VoLTE/HD voice calls use voice minutes. HD/Volte Video calls I believe will use both voice/data buckets.

Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 64 ... LastLast