Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Administration Fees Increased Again

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    "Taxes vary by jurisdiction" is not an excuse. Charter Communication's is able to give you the correct monthly pricing with all taxes and fees for your area that you live in. This is just a case of AT&T wanting to lock you into an installment agreement which is the new two year contract without disclosing what the real monthly cost is. This is a failure of our lawmakers not holding companies accountable and making them giving you accurate out the door pricing including taxes and fees.
    Hear hear.

I'm so glad the contract thing is past. I have to give credit to T-Mobile for dragging AT&T and VZW out of that dinosaur, anti-consumer mindset.

Of course, they've all simply gone to financing ultra-expensive handsets for two years, to try to lock people in. But fortunately, very good handsets exist for $200 or so, and anyone at any income level can simply buy a phone and get month-to-month, full name brand, postpaid service--and leave if they don't like it.

And with newer technologies, it's easy for phone makers to make their phones universal. Apple does. Google does.

But then there's Samsung, still holding onto the carrier branded model for dear life...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Don't forget that fees and taxes are not provided up front by the airlines, car sales, hotels and numerous companies. No need to put the blame solely on cell phone companies

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by veriztd; 07-29-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Don't forget that fees and taxes are not provided up front by the airlines, car sales, hotels and numerous companies. No need to put the blame solely on cell phone companies

So true. At least T-Mobile for their main lines advertise their "true" price. Even if add-ons don't include tax.
    Last edited by veriztd; 07-29-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Tax is tax. My tax rate is 7.5%. I understand that and can calculate that, and more importantly I expect that.

But the BS "taxes and fees" thing that has nothing to do with sales tax? They are the ONLY ones who know what those are; they DO IN FACT know what those things are; and they VERY DELIBERATELY DO NOT DISCLOSE THOSE DESPITE ALL THAT.

And most of the undisclosed below the line stuff is carefully described so as to make you think it's not AT&T's fault, it's someone else's--the "guvmint".

Meantime, T-Mobile just tells you what THE ENTIRE PRICE IS--and they do it UP FRONT.

Don't defend these thieves and their thieving practices. Their thieving practices are indefensible.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I'm considering trying T-Mobile again, see how it has improved over the last 3 years. The regular price is higher than what I'm currently paying PrePaid, but with postpaid I can also get my watch and iPad added to the account.

I'll see if I still feel this way in mid September when my prepaid account needs additional funds added.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I'm considering trying T-Mobile again, see how it has improved over the last 3 years. The regular price is higher than what I'm currently paying PrePaid, but with postpaid I can also get my watch and iPad added to the account.

I'll see if I still feel this way in mid September when my prepaid account needs additional funds added.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...y-T-Mo-service

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Don't defend these thieves and their thieving practices. Their thieving practices are indefensible.
    I challenge you to buy an airline ticket, a concert ticket, book a hotel room, attend a theme park and pay admission and tell me there aren't additional fees and taxes added on to the final bill. Just because you didn't read the fine print doesn't give you a free pass.

I don't have to defend anyone to understand how things work in reality. I just don't pick battles I know that I can't win.

Feedback Score
    I challenge you to buy an airline ticket, a concert ticket, book a hotel room, attend a theme park and pay admission and tell me there aren't additional fees and taxes added on to the final bill. Just because you didn't read the fine print doesn't give you a free pass.

I don't have to defend anyone to understand how things work in reality. I just don't pick battles I know that I can't win.
    Some people go through their entire life with a victim mentality. I've learned to not even try and reason with them.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Tax is tax. My tax rate is 7.5%. I understand that and can calculate that, and more importantly I expect that.

But the BS "taxes and fees" thing that has nothing to do with sales tax? They are the ONLY ones who know what those are; they DO IN FACT know what those things are; and they VERY DELIBERATELY DO NOT DISCLOSE THOSE DESPITE ALL THAT.

And most of the undisclosed below the line stuff is carefully described so as to make you think it's not AT&T's fault, it's someone else's--the "guvmint".

Meantime, T-Mobile just tells you what THE ENTIRE PRICE IS--and they do it UP FRONT.

This is why I hate buying goods and services in the United States. The price you see, isn't the price you are going to pay.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    This is why I hate buying goods and services in the United States. The price you see, isn't the price you are going to pay.
    It's been that way for as long as I can remember, or my dad can remember, so that's going back to 1934.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

In the US you have to expect the taxes but I do wish fees were built into the original package.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    In the US you have to expect the taxes but I do wish fees were built into the original package
    For example, here in Florida, every hotel stay includes local and/or state tourist taxes which are added at the final bill and not clearly defined when you check in. It is a percentage based on the total hotel price paid and and not x dollars per day.

Wishing to make it happen will never have any impact, that takes government action.

Feedback Score
    For example, here in Florida, every hotel stay includes local and/or state tourist taxes which are added at the final bill and not clearly defined when you check in. It is a percentage based on the total hotel price paid and and not x dollars per day.
    That it's based on hotel price paid--why, that's called a sales tax. It's a percentage.

We all know that sales tax happens.

It's the OTHER stuff that isn't sales tax, stuff that the seller knows everything about but refuses to disclose in an effort not to make it look like he's a thief, that's in play in this discussion.

That the "fees" are in proportion to the price paid, has nothing to do with their lack of disclosure. They know. They just want not to disclose.

And it's getting worse every day. Advertised prices are random anymore and have little to do with what you pay out the door.

If more people would get there, discover the actual price, then decide not to buy the product, maybe this would change. But as long as the sheeple get there, get the product in hand, then decide "it's just easier to pay whatever they want at this point," things will only get worse.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    My point is that the hotel tax (tourism tax) is not included in that $69,99 per night quoted online and shows up on the final bill. I have never seen the percentage disclosed in the ad and not until after the effect. Seems to me as a good comparison.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast